• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Lightning? Oh god that must have been one hell of a sight. Anyway wow i feel bad man all that work gone kaput. Thats why i would have a second external drive that has all data and away far away from the computer. But a real good question from me. What happened to leaving? It seems your back and for good. Or are you taking quick internet breaks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Literally? Maybe it would be a good idea to move it indoors...
But in all seriousness, that really sucks. How much data did you lose?
On the other hand, it's great to know that Scarlet is still alive; good luck with getting your work back.

lol, I guess I should have phrased it better :P

The lightning didn't just somehow come in through the front door and hit the computer - actually, I'm not so sure how it happened. But the hard drive and motherboard were both damaged, which means there's no way getting back the data that was lost. And yeah, all of the data was lost. And thanks.

@Mitchman: I think whenever I find someone who I'm comfortable enough with to take over the project for me, I'll leave. But not for good, I'll check in whenever I can.

Years

The lightning didn't just somehow come in through the front door and hit the computer - actually, I'm not so sure how it happened. But the hard drive and motherboard were both damaged, which means there's no way getting back the data that was lost. And yeah, all of the data was lost. And thanks.

@Mitchman: I think whenever I find someone who I'm comfortable enough with to take over the project for me, I'll leave. But not for good, I'll check in whenever I can.

Have you tried running software to recover data on the hard drive? There was a computer brought into where I am going to school that had been hit by lightning and we managed to recover all of the data on the disk, with software even though the computer would not boot nor could you access it as a second/external drive.

Cascade'A Stupidity

Biggest Muppet there is.
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2009
Hmm.

If you're looking to fill up spaces on the 'dex, I might be able to sketch a few ideas if I get any for fakemon. You'd have to sorta, make them on PC though, cause I'm awful at that sorta stuff. ;)

Auistle

seTranquility.
Years
Well, since I don't have much time, I'll quickly type this. There might be quite a bit of typos... Anyways, onwards!
First of all, overall good mapping. Or should I say, decent? Yes, decent mapping. I wouldn't say good, great etc. But I wouldn't say bad, horrible, etc.. I suggest you get some new tiles, mabye KyleDove's DP ones? (Even though I majorly dislike them). The game's sprites are good; the FakeDex seems solid. The name has attracted me, that's for sure 8D. Good luck. Seems like a well structured game.

Years
The game looks really cool. to bad you lost the data though.
Good luck with the game anyways.
And if you wants some fakemon i have som and you can look at my ideas?

(Sorry if it was bad English I'm Swedish)

RESTART45

I make ideas you make hacks
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
hey this is my first post

anyways is this done yet can i download it and play it on the visualboyadvance?
and i am a spriter and pretty good with storys if u need my help just ask kk
- RESTART45 :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
does the demo only go up to where prof maple is kidnapped
No, it goes up to the first badge (I think).
anyways is this done yet can i download it and play it on the visualboyadvance?
and i am a spriter and pretty good with storys if u need my help just ask kk
- RESTART45 :)
Yes, there's a demo released. The link to it is in the first post. You won't need VBA to play it, though, as it's not a ROM hack.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018

The lightning didn't just somehow come in through the front door and hit the computer - actually, I'm not so sure how it happened. But the hard drive and motherboard were both damaged, which means there's no way getting back the data that was lost. And yeah, all of the data was lost. And thanks./quote]

If your computer is on during an electrical storm, thats what happens... You should probably make a backup.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Well, seeing as the Scarlet game file is no more, and there is no way of recovering it, we have no choice but to start rebuilding the game from scratch.
But it's not all bad. In fact, this is an oppurtunity for us to make Scarlet better than ever. It may take a while to get back on track, but I'm positive the end result will be a good one.

Of course, some things will be staying the same. This includes;
A number of Pokémon; some will be replaced or improved. The appearance of older generation Pokémon may also change.
The main concept of the game; the game will still retain the same old plot, which means Prof. Maple will still be kidnapped by Team Rocket, and Lance and Clair will still feature. Some adjustments and improvements will need to be made though.
Most of the graphics; we are still going to be using Kyledove's D/P tiles, but we may also mix the tileset up a bit with other custom tiles.
Game engine; we will still be using RPG Maker XP, and we will still be using the D/P resolution.

Other things like the Koyoto region, maps, sprites and everything else will have to be changed. I have also been considering renaming the region Fuji instead of Koyoto. Before my computer broke down, I had almost finished the new region map, which was a big improvement from the last one. Now I'm going to have to start it all over again, and I may end up making a different one altogether. I'm also planning on redoing the starter town (again, yes I know).

First off, we have to get ourselves a new Staff Team. I will be recruting on other forums for new members. Remember, the more Staff we have, the faster we can progress.

Seeing in the next few months I have extremely important exams, starting in 2 weeks (which I'll need to use to study), a few months break, and then even more important exams after that, I won't have much time to help. If we can use the next few months to pull everything together, and start working on the new Scarlet, I'll be able to start working properly myself on the game again, and we should have a second demo by the end of the year, although there are no promises.

My status of being the main developer is still unclear. If I find someone who I know can really pull it off, I can hand the job over to them and we can start working on the game properly. But until then, I remain the main developer.

So if you haven't joined the new forums yet (which you can find in my signature), please register and help us to get back on our feet again :)

I will be making a brand new thread for the game when I have enough work to show, but for now I'll be using this one.

Thanks,
Houndoomed.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Good luck man. I 100% agree that starting from scratch can be a good thing. Be able to pre plan everything rather then rush into coding some random feature you taught of while in the shower. lol.

What exams have ya got, your Junior Cert? So that means your mocks are around the corner then?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Good luck man. I 100% agree that starting from scratch can be a good thing. Be able to pre plan everything rather then rush into coding some random feature you taught of while in the shower. lol.

What exams have ya got, your Junior Cert? So that means your mocks are around the corner then?

Yeah, only a week away. Haha, I'm gonna fail them so hard :P

So for those 2 weeks that those exams are on, I won't be on very much. I'll have to wait until after they're over to start working on it properly.

Years
That sucks that everything is gone. Well, things happen, and the best thing to do is deal with it and move on (which it sounds like you are doing).

Best of luck on your exams, though.

Just a suggestion, though. If you are going to do a new region, why not base it off of your home country, such as Nintendo does? That could be very interesting.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
why am I stuck playing a male character I want to be a female, as I'm not a guy, I'm a girl, so why can't I play Clair

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Whoop de effin doo. Seriously its his game and if he wants to have it lance centered he will have it lance centered. But of course you dont feel right playing as a guy so i am sure that for you-yes just for you- he will make lance change into a girl![/sarcasm]
But with real serious words its just a game and it doesnt have to be with your gender when you play. And if you really dont want to play cause of that then dont play complaining wont do a thing. Also a random question but:
If you play mario or the legend of zelda(that is if you do sorry if you dont) then you feel strange playing as link or mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back