• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A certain Black Rock Shooter's Birthday!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
7400914500_ca01d8f64b_z.jpg

[I'm Death Master, okay??]

Now that this is official, Happy birthday to Derk, aka. Twilight Sky, who turns a grand 20 years old today! (how, gettin' old there, champ!) Now then, what can I say about Derk what I haven't say already? In the mints of time, we were rivals who would battle to the death for she was Black Rock Shooter, and I was the Death Master... unfortunately, I was defeated while she stood tall, in which she pretty much forced me to make this thread today.

However, on a more serious note, I absolutely adore you Derk; you've been always so passionate, and thoughtful to others... even for me when I was going through a rough time. You've always stood by me when it seemed like the whole world was against me, and I'll be always thankful for that. But now, I believe it's my turn to do something for you, hence why I demanded to make your b-day thread; to show you how much I cared for you, and how much I appreciate your friendship with me.

I know that things have been upsetting for the both of us lately, but, hey, we've always passed by. I want you to continue to hold your head up strong, and continue on your path for a better future. Because, good future's are good to have, right? Anyway, as far as you go, just remember that I'm always here to help you out, okay? And I really appreciate all the work you've done to try and make everyone happy~

eevee_and_shaymin_sky_form_by_shinyeeveee-d32knm6.jpg

So, yeah, I'll be... feminine for a day and be Eevee, but, happy birthday!!​

Years
This is how Derk feels, once more.

3P7Ko.png

An address from President Morgan Freeman, Invictus:

"Wow. Just wow. It's such an honor to be here; such an honor to celebrate my birthday – Morgan Freeman's birthday. This July 30th's been the best one I've seen in my 75-year lifetime.

I know. I find it hard myself to believe I am the amazing Morgan Freeman – I mean Fernman, I am always getting this wrong. Some of you may call me Derk. That's fine. My homies back in Orlando, Florida call me that. Some of you may call me Derrick. It's been so long since people called me that. Derrick is so long. It gives me chills up my spine. An old bully named Wolflare used to call me that. Gives me bad memories. Really bad memories. But, really, I'd prefer if you called me Morgan, Morgan Freeman, or Morgan Fernman. I know some of you get mixed up on this point. I do, too.

Some of you have even called me Morgan the Free Man.

When we look back at my career as a narrator, some of you seem to hate it. I know why, John. It's because I used to have great abs; a six-pack – do you see that picture up there? But I get paid millions a year for narrating and being the cool old black guy in Hollywood. You don't get that for great abs. Money, dear boy.

I still have trouble with my own existence on this planet. What if I were a kid born in Orlando, Florida? What if I were a woman? What if I were a woman born in Orlando, Florida? What if my real name were Derrick?

These are all possibilities I explore (and narrate) on Through the Wormhole. And I can tell you Morgan Freeman is the reason half the audience is there. The other half is Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Just to have Wolflare, Lala, Zeffy, my good friend Shawn, Glitchguy, and, regrettably, Jelli give me this birthday present brings tears to my eyes. They were so nice when I came out to them as Morgan Freeman. They had less trouble with it than I do.

It is now my 76th year on Earth. I do not plan to stop narrating. I do not plan to stop visiting Pokecommunity's Pokemon Showdown server.

I am delighted to be your president. Many of you will shower praise on me as a pleasant guy to be around. Many of you as a pleasant narrator. Many of you as a calm person.

And some of you will go further and say I love the Earth; and you will say I am a dependable, firm man who sticks to his roots, who has never abandoned his position – rain or shine –, a positive-thinking optimist, and someone open to everyone and cannot reject them.

In other words, I am a fern. And I cannot confirm or deny your suspicions.

Some of you may feel intimidated around me. But my friend Lala tells me I am definitely not an intimidating person. He says I have advertised well and made the server a busier place. He says I have given the Server some measure of authority and prestige and I do not neglect my duties. In fact, I am too diligent; I am an abusive tyrant. But I assure you, I do this in love for South Africa as its president – Pokecommunity's Pokemon Showdown server, I mean.

I admit I banned gay marriage in my state of South Africa. Gay marriage is trolling it is true I'm sorry and I apologize.

And I know what I would like to say to myself in Morgan Freeman's voice:

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me …"

Happy birthday, Derk.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
omf happy birthday derk! we've been friends for quite some time, and we talk really often so you know that I still think of us as great friends despite any fallouts we may have every now and then. despite all that, we've always mended things and gone along our merry way, and I'm grateful to have such an amazing person as a friend as you. <3 hope you enjoy your birthday for all its worth; you deserve it! x

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Happy Birthday Derk, I'm glad that you've turned 20, because I think this is the brand new journey for you to go with. Anyway, I'll share these Gracidea flowers and pictures to you, I hope you enjoy it and become Sky forme Derk!

tumblr_m2g400w1oT1r39p3g.jpg

tumblr_m2g45tUx9L1r39p3g.jpg

tumblr_m2g48d6zAo1r39p3g.jpg

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
119498631918056439birthday_cake.svg.med.png

(I brought the cake)​

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DERK!​

Omg Derk you're so old <3. You still have 80 years left. (If you can reach up to a 100) Knowing you you're probably going to write a huge tl;dr as a reply to everyone's post haha. At first I thought you were a mean person but turns out I was wrong. I hope you have a fun and enjoyable day because you deserve it for everything you've done!!

Sirfetch’d

Happy Birthday Derk!! You are one of the most amazing friends that I have/ever will have. You are always there for me and you are just the most amazing person! Turning 20 is HUGE and you deserve to enjoy the day! May your day be filled with many Shaymin's and a nice big cake! You rock!

3437368175_d72762e53b.jpg

vx2_how-to-draw-shaymin-sky-tutorial-drawing.png

images
LOOKIN GOOD ;D

starmie.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Nice to see another person enter the 20's, it's one heck of a big age group but happy birthday Derk!

You are one heck of a character as far as the server goes, and while you crack us up you sometimes have your serious side, the thing is you're now a serious adult so remember you need to start being serious when you can. I'm sure your 20th birthday will be bigger than mine was last October, because reaching this age means the parties start to get bigger.

I wasn't sure whether to leave Shaymin or Black Rock Shooter so I decided to go with both:

tumblr_mqo91jip7C1qe537io2_500.gif

tumblr_mfhr2y37VI1r26jxbo1_500.gif

Enjoy your 20th, our battle server instructor.

Derk is not Morgan Freeman by the way.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Happy Birthday! Have a pleasant 20th surrounded by family and friends. I would bust out the baby pictures, but I've only known you since you were 14. Though, that is close enough to being a baby here, right? Oh oh, let's have cake and ice cream!

Fiona-Cairns-Ice-Cream-Cone-Cakes-Photos-1.jpg

cake-batter-ice-cream-tart.jpg

valentinocake.jpg

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Happy birthday, Derk! I wish I had something awesome to post like everyone else did, but I think they brought all the cool presents. :( So instead, I'll let you touch my butt! That's what everyone wants...right?

Spoiler:

mmmmmmm

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Happy birthday Derk! :]

You're a cool cat and I hope you just stay the way you are. Your posts, your debates, everything about you is amazing! To be honest, I still haven't figured out how you've done it, writing all those really well-constructed posts. Your dedication to the server, your battling skills, everything! Its really.. I don't know.. magical! Yeahhh, that means...
Spoiler:

Anyway I hope you have a fantastic day, eat lots of cake etc. etc. I'm horrible with celebrating and thinking of presents, but I think I got you something you'd like! Sorta. I don't even know. Who doesn't love dancing kitties though? Don't deny it. :(

Cute-Tap-Dancing-Kitten-GIF.gif

YEAH TAP DANCING KITTIES. Happy birthday Derk! :] (I can't bake so I couldn't make a cake sorry!)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I shall write up a huge wall of text in the next few seconds in order to take pride on the day of birth of our resident Shaymin, Morgan Fern--err Freeman.

So wow, 76 huh? I remember two years ago, when my mask was still freshly made from the recovered remains of my human body, I come across a certain group of weird people along my path. You were one of them, and oh boy were you weird. You had a prominent fern-stench that always stinks up the room despite of our efforts to mitigate them towards your nose. Back then, I didn't really interacted with you much because I thought you were really mean. I suppose, even after all these years, nothing much has changed. Fast forward to the present, you're a blooming fern plant capable of narrating and being a cold, black guy in Hollywood. It was still apparent that you are still Shaymin by heart. I remember your display of prudence; it was very light-heartening. You are still as weird as ever, though.

Oh boy, I'm already running out of nonsense to blabber. How do you manage to do these things anyway? I suppose only a fern who gained sapience like you could tell. Maybe if I try eating one of those fern plants in our front yard, it would turn me into a capable tl;dr writer much like yourself. You've really given much dedication to the PokeCommunity forums and even the current Battle Server. I am very certain that your contributions will not be forgotten. I hope there will come a time when I will stop suspecting every random user that comes into the server as you; you really have had a fair share of alts.

I feel so ashamed that I could only muster this much. In comparison to your wall of texts, mine is but a dust in the spectrum of wall of texts. It is now obligatory for me to greet you a happy birthday. Happy birthday Morgan Fernman / Derrick Treeman / (insert other derk alts here)! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Dawww1.png

Years
Happy birthday Mor----, I mean Derk! n_n There ain't no Shaymin Morgan freeman hijacking this thread, but there is Shaymin not celebrating your big day with all of us PC members! :3c

To one of my first friends here on PC, happy birthday~

Spoiler:

Years
Happy birthday, Derk!! I've known you for over a year and it has been a wonderful year indeed. Since then you've become a great friend and someone I don't think PC would be the same without. Be sure to treat yourself to as many sweets as you like today, all right?!

tumblr_mqohdv1XXy1rpn9eno1_250.png

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I know it's a bit late to post here and we've already talked today, but I really hope your birthday was great because you definitely deserve it. You're an amazing person and I'm really glad we got to become friends through the server :3 Everything else has already been said and I would repeat it but everyone's already said it better, haha. /laprascanttype

Happy birthday Derk!!! :3

Back