• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon or Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Which is better? I have been watching both of my childhood shows lately, and that I can't decide, but to me, Pokemon's a bit better, some of the digimon's names are the same. BurningGreymon is not related to Greymon.
This was in Other Voting Polls, but it's locked for no reason. And don't lock this because it's related to Media. And if this gets locked, where do I have to post it at?

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I prefer Pokemon over Digimon. I watched both series in my childhood days, I still watch Pokemon ever since and onwards. Although I must say that Digimon was a good one too, although lost interest when Pokemon took over. :3

Volcanix769

Years
I prefer Pokemon over Digimon. I watched both series in my childhood days, I still watch Pokemon ever since and onwards. Although I must say that Digimon was a good one too, although lost interest when Pokemon took over. :3

Pokemon is better, I agree. And that I mainly Like Pokemon by how Ash raises his Pokemon, the Stats of Pokemon, etc.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Allow me to say this: As far as games are concerned, Pokemon wins by a landslide. As far as the anime are concerned though (based on the original Japanese versions) I have to give it to Digimon. So, who wins? Pokemon, but not by much, at least to me.

Volcanix769

Years
Allow me to say this: As far as games are concerned, Pokemon wins by a landslide. As far as the anime are concerned though (based on the original Japanese versions) I have to give it to Digimon. So, who wins? Pokemon, but not by much, at least to me.

Yeah, the Digimon games are boring, and that Pokemon is a huge sucesss. And yes Digimon Xros Wars was quite cool.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Pokémon of course. It have so much more than Digimon have.

Games, anime and merchandise is better.

But Digimon have one good game - Digimon Rumble Arena 2.

Years
Pokemon. Although Digimon has really sexy creatures like Renamon, Gatomon, and BlackGatomon, Pokemon has Lopunny, Gardevoir, and is a part of my childhood, unlike Digimon.

Volcanix769

Years
Pokemon. Although Digimon has really sexy creatures like Renamon, Gatomon, and BlackGatomon, Pokemon has Lopunny, Gardevoir, and is a part of my childhood, unlike Digimon.

Don't forget Kazemon too. And that Pokemon is better. What I don't get is why some people call Pokemon stupid.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I've grown up with both, but I was more interested in Pokemon and I prefer Pokemon a lot more than Digimon because well, I kind of think Digimon went slightly down hill, in my opinion, but I really loved Pokemon and it played a bigger part of my childhood.

Volcanix769

Years
I've grown up with both, but I was more interested in Pokemon and I prefer Pokemon a lot more than Digimon because well, I kind of think Digimon went slightly down hill, in my opinion, but I really loved Pokemon and it played a bigger part of my childhood.

Pokemon plays a big role in our imaginations.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
BurningGreymon is not related to Greymon.
Actually, they are. "Greymon" is used in the names of reptilian Digimon that generally have a three horns on a helmet, orange skin, and a strength in fire attacks. There are some that don't completely fit these qualities though.

Though I guess I should add that "BurningGreymon" is actually the English name. The Japanese name is Vritramon.

Anyhow, I prefer Digimon over Pokemon. Yes, even the games. Digimon games are just better to me because it's not always the same thing. Even the first three Digimon World games for the PlayStation are different. Particularly when comparing the first one to the second. While the DS games are similar, they're more challenging to me, which keeps me interested.

As for the two animes, there's no question about it. Digimon is the one I can watch multiple times and not get tired of it, even a messy season like 02.

Plus, I've always wanted my own Digimon partner. Just to have someone by my side I can talk to, to possibly give advice, and who's willing to do anything to protect me.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Oh hey, it's that time of the year when the people outside the section come in to preach Pokemon again. It's been a while.

Anyways, I'm a digimon fan. Generally have been, even back in the time of 10 years ago (ie when digimon and pokemon were in the same time slot, I usually chose digimon, and took pokemon on the friday after-school reruns, unless there was a gym battle coming up, since those were pretty much the only interesting ones). Games-wise, I haven't played a Digimon game, and I generally fall out of Pokemon games after a month or so (dependent on people around me, really).

General Whys:
  1. I like the designs more. Besides this new generation having a lot of not-so-impressive designs, I've generally enjoyed the designs more. In addition, I like how the digimon's names tell you what the motif was.
  2. I like (most of) their toys more. Setting digivices aside, I own an Omegamon Gundam kit, so ya...Also not really into plushes, along with the point above.
  3. Digimon tends to have more plot/depth than Pokemon. If anything, it's a lot darker, even on the manga side. The characters get good development, unlike a certain character who's anime's side-characters get more development off-screen than he does on-screen.

Volcanix769

Years
Oh hey, it's that time of the year when the people outside the section come in to preach Pokemon again. It's been a while.

Anyways, I'm a digimon fan. Generally have been, even back in the time of 10 years ago (ie when digimon and pokemon were in the same time slot, I usually chose digimon, and took pokemon on the friday after-school reruns, unless there was a gym battle coming up, since those were pretty much the only interesting ones). Games-wise, I haven't played a Digimon game, and I generally fall out of Pokemon games after a month or so (dependent on people around me, really).

General Whys:
  1. I like the designs more. Besides this new generation having a lot of not-so-impressive designs, I've generally enjoyed the designs more. In addition, I like how the digimon's names tell you what the motif was.
  2. I like (most of) their toys more. Setting digivices aside, I own an Omegamon Gundam kit, so ya...Also not really into plushes, along with the point above.
  3. Digimon tends to have more plot/depth than Pokemon. If anything, it's a lot darker, even on the manga side. The characters get good development, unlike a certain character who's anime's side-characters get more development off-screen than he does on-screen.

Remember Digimon Frontier?

General Whys:

Remember Digimon Frontier? One of the best Digimon shows.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
For the games, Pokemon. As for the anime, I've never seen Digimon but certainly it can't be worse than the disaster that is the Pokemon anime, so going with Digimon on that front. Actually my brother does have a few Digimon Frontier episodes on his computer, and from what I've seen of those, it's better than watching the annoying little brat and his ugly yellow rodent.

Really though, I never got that much into Digimon like I did Pokemon when I was younger, so my responses may be based on general inexperience with Digimon as a whole.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I am more of a Pokemon fan. I first liked Digimon back when I was four or five years old, only when things were simpler with Agumon, Gabumon, Gomamon, Lilimon, Tailmon, Patmon. But when things like Veemon started to explode. OMG. I immediately switched to Pokemon with their Pikachus and Clefairies.

Anime-wise, I think Digimon can get no worse than Pokemon, so I'll be Digimon in that side.

Mentalii

Back
Years
I can't bear Digimon. I remember that younger, each time I heard the opening I turned down the sound level, it was really bad comparate to the epic Pokémon Opening.
And, moreover, I think Digimon are ugly, the anime is barely passable.
On the other hand, Pokémon is just... Waw ! Beautiful creatures, awesome anime (ok, not these days but I remember I was completely crazy about the first season), exceedingly great games...
Pokémon has nothing to envy to Digimon, seriously.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I think Digimon trounces Pokemon, in every area except for video games, but that's never been the main focus of that franchise. The anime tend to have really good arcs that actually end, the characters are usually pretty fleshed out and just beyond being darker, the Digimon anime are really well crafted. I can look back on the first couple of series pretty fondly because the characters were so endearing and the stories, even though they weren't incredibly innovative, were a lot of fun and by the end of each series you sort of got the feeling that the characters had grown a lot, something I don't think Pokemon has ever done too well.

I also enjoy the look to most Digimon more than any Pokemon, they strike the right balance of looking realistic and having a mix of fantastical character designs. Financially, yeah, Pokemon's the obvious powerhouse, but I think Digimon wins in a more creative level.

Volcanix769

Years
I think Digimon trounces Pokemon, in every area except for video games, but that's never been the main focus of that franchise. The anime tend to have really good arcs that actually end, the characters are usually pretty fleshed out and just beyond being darker, the Digimon anime are really well crafted. I can look back on the first couple of series pretty fondly because the characters were so endearing and the stories, even though they weren't incredibly innovative, were a lot of fun and by the end of each series you sort of got the feeling that the characters had grown a lot, something I don't think Pokemon has ever done too well.

I also enjoy the look to most Digimon more than any Pokemon, they strike the right balance of looking realistic and having a mix of fantastical character designs. Financially, yeah, Pokemon's the obvious powerhouse, but I think Digimon wins in a more creative level.

Remember WarGreymon and WarGrowlmon, and Imperialdramon? Coolest Digimon ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back