• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst/Jade/Calcite

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Hi.
I haven't made a log for this yet but I'm showcasing what I have currently for a game I'm working on, called Pokémon Amethyst/Jade/Calcite, being made with RXMP.

The Player:
heros.png

Story:
Spoiler:

Team Alpha:
teamalpha.png

The Rival:
rival.png
The player may name the rival.
The player also has a second rival, being the opposite gender of what you choose to be. (Also able to be named)

The Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

The Eilte Four:
Spoiler:

The dex so far:
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Kyledove
Alucus_Of_Borg
PrinceLegendario
UltimoSpriter
For their work on tiles.
Everything else has been done by myself or my brother.

Further Info:
- Once the player has bested the champions of the region, they can take a boat to the Hoenn region (in progress) where they may partake in gym challenges and battle that regions elites.
- Once a player has done all of that, they may still feel unchallenged: They may then venture to the Battle Resort, opened by the home region's league champion; features things such as a battle tower where players may choose battle paths including: Kanto gym leaders; Johto gym leaders; Hoenn gym leaders; Sinnoh gym leaders; Unova gym leaders (including gym leaders added in B/W2).
- There's also been consideration on adding a 3rd region.
- Sprites and names are subject to change at any point, considering a lot of them were done years ago.
- To give a percentage on how much is done:
- Sprites: 85%
- Maps: 75%
- scripting: 12%

Progress is slow at the moment as I'm getting a major error with sprites.
If anyone has a solution or may be able to help, please go to here
Also, please don't ask me to speculate a release date, it's a very slow project that I'm working on, almost solitary.

Edit: Because of not being able to find a work-around for the couple of errors I'm faced with, I'm afraid production is on complete hold. :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I advise re-uploading your screenshots one by one to your photobucket or tinypic. So that they do not get reduced. You could try uploading your dex at http://www.imagebam.com/.

Good luck!

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
Wow, you have some gorgeous sprites! I love your trainers, they look really nice! :) Your maps look really nice too! I'd love to see the PokéDex but it's so tiny D;

Years
These sprites are actually rather good for fusions and edits. There are a few problems with one or two (Holly's legs and Hana's feet are two of the ones that are immediately obvious), but on the hole, they're not bad.

For me, some of the tiles you've used are too unsaturated compared to the OW sprites, and I'm a bit concerned by the scale of your game. Including one region is tricky enough, but you may get unstuck with plans for two or three. Focus on getting the main one finished first before worrying too much about the others.

I would consider making a video to show how the game is shaping up in motion, too. It'd be good to see everything in action!

Good work so far.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I advise re-uploading your screenshots one by one to your photobucket or tinypic. So that they do not get reduced. You could try uploading your dex at http://www.imagebam.com/.

Good luck!
Thanks!
I've re-upped the screens one by one, but imagebam seems to be giving me hassle with direct image linking, so I've included a link to the appropriate page.

These sprites are actually rather good for fusions and edits. There are a few problems with one or two (Holly's legs and Hana's feet are two of the ones that are immediately obvious), but on the hole, they're not bad.

For me, some of the tiles you've used are too unsaturated compared to the OW sprites, and I'm a bit concerned by the scale of your game. Including one region is tricky enough, but you may get unstuck with plans for two or three. Focus on getting the main one finished first before worrying too much about the others.

I would consider making a video to show how the game is shaping up in motion, too. It'd be good to see everything in action!

Good work so far.

Thanks for the critique. I know there are a few little things that could use a change up, but right now I'm working on getting the majority done before I fine-tune it.
As for the region work, I'm making sure to do it one region at a time. :)

I'll see about making a small video at some point.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Quick update: First draft of the world map is done, although changes might be made in the future.
taloucregion-1.png

also, progress is at it's slowest thanks to a few errors I'm getting.
If you have anything that might help me solve these errors, send me a message or check
This thread.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Hi, um excuse me. But do you really need to take all three of those names? I kind of want to name my game Jade, but if yours turns out as good as it looks, im afraid mine may get shut out. Please maby think about dropping the name jade. Thank you.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Hi, um excuse me. But do you really need to take all three of those names? I kind of want to name my game Jade, but if yours turns out as good as it looks, im afraid mine may get shut out. Please maby think about dropping the name jade. Thank you.

I'm not planning on taking all three of these names, I just can't really decide on what to call it out of those three.
You're free to use the name Jade if you want.

On your fakemon sheet, Anamus is a trace of a drawing I made about a decade ago: http://www.iveechan.com/zenphoto/furries-amp-fantasy/gryphon.png.php
Really? I'm sorry. I'll get it changed.
My brother does some of the sprite work, so I don't often see it he's getting images from somewhere.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The sprites for this look amazing!!
But the tiles(oustide/overworld) look dull, if i'm honest, nothing really stands out, or catches the eye.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
looks nice bud! i love how much content your adding! especially hoenn. hoenn has to be the best region ever made, the only pokemon game i can never tire of.

Back