• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
how to get the pkmn back stole from jess and jamie

Spoiler:

Edit: I see alot of "how to" questions... When "how to" without a question mark looks like an explanation. Drop me a PM if you notice that.

hey where can you catch a trapinch, aron, corphish, or a swablu?
someone help me

Just try searching for them, it's not as fun getting told how to get everything.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I have taken some screenshots. Here they are:
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_04.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_02.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_03.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_06.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_05.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_07.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_08.png

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Hey Zel i found a glitch
when you are in lavender town i accitentily went to the house next to the place where people "pray"
i went in a old man said,"what do you want with me?
i battled him he was way hard i bet him he wanted to show me his special place or something then the game froze
there the glitch

Years
Originally Posted by TheX
Really? I wonder, is it Beta 5 or 4? Oh well, to me Box 6 is the hacking utensil. Still, zel - hope you noticed that in your boxes. If it's beta 4, sorry to trouble you people.

its beta 5 and i realised the reason i had so many. it was cause i was moving them to box 14. box 6 just kept puting new ones into box 6 one at a time. so i deleted the ones in box 14 and now i just have the two in box 6 and no more have been added.

P.S: sorry bout this zel

Years
Hey Zel i found a glitch
when you are in lavender town i accitentily went to the house next to the place where people "pray"
i battled him he was way hard i bet him he wanted to show me his special place or something then the game froze
there the glitch

O.o, that's weird, I'll check it out.

P.S. Your signature is really long... you might wanna think of putting your trainer cards in spoiler tags.

-Krobe

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
You think you might be able to say some other names? It coult be like you woult be giving a name out evey update? Nahh, Then you coult only make 3 updates more:( But then coult you not just tell about the coolest legend?

Nope, the only thing I'll say is that not necessarily it means you'll be able to get all 4 of them... And that's as far as I'll go...

And one of the things I most liked was the tilesets, were did you get them? Thanks in advance :)

By ripping them off from another game (I dont really want to say which) and some from DP, and some others with the help from Green Charizard, and then inserting all of them into the game, under SG's palettes.

I've just beat the elite 4 and it was awesome. This game is amazing Zel but i have two quick questions: 1 Where did the music when you battle Carlos come from and 2 is their anyway to download the music from beta 5?

If you've managed to reach the E4, then you should know Carlos has two different battle musics (yeah, I so love myself XD), the "common" one is, as it was said, the Cyrus battle from DP. And then, the "special" one is from... If there are Final Fantasy fans, then... where does it come from, guys? ;)

same as me. i first spotted them in the computer of cherrygrove when i was jumping boxes. i released them and now every time i use the computer i check box 6 i now have 4 more then before. im still at cherrygrove about to head to violet city btw

p.s: i dont use gameshark at all
Hey Zel i found a glitch
there the glitch

I'll be checking both things. Unfortunately, if the box thing is true, I wont be able to do anything there... Because I never did anything related to the box, and doesn't sound as something that someone could fix.
About the old man on Lavender, that sounds really weird... Not that much, because I once thought about making a hidden dungeon on Lavender's Cemetary with ghosts and all that, but then I rejected that idea, I doubt I could have implemented something related that, though.

I'm gonna check and see what happens.

[EDIT1]: Seems the thing about Box6 is true... There's something there which turns out into a bad egg once you put it into your party... But I just wonder where does the problem was originated to begin with. However, it wasn't a bad egg directly in my case, it was just some spriteless thing (named bad egg once put in the party). But, anyway, I guess problems will occur differently for different people. I released this bad thing and box 6 is clear now. I don't know...

[EDIT2]: About the Lavender thing, that's fake. Because there's nothing like an old man who wants to battle and show you a special place. Unless you try to provide a screenshot as proof.

edit: after repatching, all the problems have been resolved, thanks for the info peeps =)

I just wanted to quote that, whenever there's something not working properly, don't panic and post at the thread. Just try to patch again on a clean FR rom (and you could also get a backup rom from another site just in case), and maybe it'll work.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I can confirm one thing about the bad egg thingie: it's contagious.

I checked box 6 in a new file and I found that shapeless thing. But, in my advanced file, I found another one in Box 7, plus two in box 6. I rechecked the old file and I had none in box 7.

Edit: ZOMG Necron battle! (took a day to notice...)

Last edited:

demonmike

Missing-Nin
Years
Hmm, just thought I'd check about this.

Okay, the new music thats been put into Shiny Gold, for some reason, the Maho town and Carlos common theme are very low in quality and have crackles.

I just thought I'd check whether this is a problem on my end, or its actually something to do with the game.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Hmm, just thought I'd check about this.

Okay, the new music thats been put into Shiny Gold, for some reason, the Maho town and Carlos common theme are very low in quality and have crackles.

I just thought I'd check whether this is a problem on my end, or its actually something to do with the game.

Change your sound - did you try that? (on the Emulator only!)

demonmike

Missing-Nin
Years
Change your sound - did you try that? (on the Emulator only!)
Im playing through a cartridge in my DS, so its impossible to change, I may try mono and see what happens. (Presuming mono is in the advance titles)

Edit: Just beat Carlos outside Ice Cave in Shiny Gold X, jeez Zel, tough much? =\ Better train some more

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
I thought I'd add to your known evolution chain:
And I found something strange, I dont know if anyone else did so I'm leaving it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

Years
I thought I'd add to your known evolution chain:
And I found something strange, I dont know if anyone else did so I'm leaving it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

Okay, I'll answer in spoilers =P

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
I knew those evolutions were correct. It was the rest that confused me. My problem was that my party was full. I feel like a fool.

darkvoider

Director of Voider BP
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2008
Great Hack

This is good zel ive played ever since beta 2 and ive been waiting for the complete version just take your time man. Im so looking forward to the full version

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Hey Zel i found a glitch
there the glitch

I can ensure you, Zel that this bug is real I have experienced it to, though it's not in the house where people pray, but in this one:

pokemonshinygoldum3.png

Now some screenies of the event:

pokemonshinygold1dd5.png

Before the battle:

pokemonshinygold2xz6.png

He has a lv 75 HITMONLEE with very wierd moves and a lv 73 STEELIX

After the battle:

pokemonshinygold3rf2.png

Last screen before the game crashes:

pokemonshinygold4zx5.png

Thes images are not edited I can ensure this is real!

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Well ive found another bug is well

EDIT:It was in a house in lavender town it was the name raters house btw.

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
this is a small glitch but the red headed rival walks through a youngster (depending on where the youngster walks) after you talk to him at olivine.

B5 is great i love the new music trick house and tiles, the add a whole new effect to the game, keep it up :D

Zowayix

hi
Years
that "bug" event seems to be actually an event from FR's lost cave on sevii isle 5.
He even says the same things.
I have no idea why he is a blackbelt.
in FR she was lady selphy(i think) who would give you something if you found her and battled her. She would then warp both of you to her home and give you something (i think)

Back