• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite decks

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Simple question - what are your favourite decks to use? What led you to make said decks? Did you design the builds yourself? How well do they work?

I'm pretty new to the TCG so I'm mostly just looking to see what kind of decks everyone's been building and hopefully it'll give me some inspiration for mine, but at the moment I'm just using a quite basic Grass/Psychic deck with the main focusses being Genesect, Roserade and Abomasnow (uses only Grass energies so makes a nice resistance/strengths option for bad Grass match-ups). I'm planning to change it up soon but not really sure where to start, so I'd love to hear about your deck building stories for your favourite decks!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I mainly collect the TCG just because it's something to collect, but I used to play competitively against my cousin a few years ago. I would build my decks by using my favorite Pokémon. I would usually have two dominant types and maybe a third type that only had one or two Pokémon lines. I would have ~half of my deck being Pokémon, ~a third being Energy cards, and the rest would be Trainer cards. I would also use loads of ex or LV. X cards lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I just bought a new starter deck (the Plasma Freeze Leafeon one) and some of the things in it are amazing wow. I'm going to make a Plasma themed deck and hopefully it'll be as strong as I'm expecting, plus I'll have enough Grass/Psychic cards left over to beef up my current deck too. I'm still a novice at deck making but hopefully at least one of the two will turn out to be decent haha.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Since the beginning my preference has always been for speedy decks that come out pounding rather than taking time to set up. Anything with energy acceleration is game in my book, as are Pokemon with good low-cost attacks. Getting evolutions quick or using big basics is a must for me.

Back in the early days of the TCG my favorite deck was Haymaker, which starred Hitmonchan, Electabuzz, and Scyther- all of whom were bulky Pokemon for the time (yes, 70HP used to be on the high end) and could dish out considerable damage quickly. Heavy draw power from Professor Oak and Bill before Supporters existed made this deck all the more deadly.

Nowadays my favorite card to use is Lugia EX from Plasma storm, and I've built a deck around it which you can find in the Deck Reviewing forum. Lugia EX is a speed deck's dream if played right, allowing you to potentially pick up six prizes over the span of two turns. In a nutshell I use Deoxys EX and Cofarigus to get a Pokemon within OHKO range and then attack with Lugia, whose ability allows you to take an extra prize card whenever its attack KOs an opponent.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
My current favorites are:
-Beedrill
-Dragonite/Garbodor

I spend a lot of time just making funny and weird decks on the ptcgo. A lot of them turn out bad, but a few are decent.

Years
My Favorite deck is Frog Monarchs but I find it hard to play the game when I see Dragon Rulers running rampant in this current meta.
I play when I can I have a deck of multi-generational cards. It is like a Excadrill / Fighting Deck, with a Few random tech monsters.

Years
Well, I currently don't run anything serious. Only self-built deck I have made right now is my Crobat deck from May.

My favorites of all-time, however, are BlastCatty, ReshiPhlosion and its Typhlosion Prime centric predecessors, Salamence Lv. X, and the classic Haymaker deck and similar archetypes prior to the SP era (where upon my return to competitive play the dominance of Pokemon-SP cards followed by the dominance of EX cards a couple years later has completely turned me off of the idea of Big Basic-focused decks).

Years
One of my favorite games was the Pokemon TCG for pokemon color. That thing was AMAZING!!! I generally played a Mewtwo deck or a deck to beat the gym I was at. I wish I could play the TCG online.. It's not in my funds to play the current game IRL e_e

Back