• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

i'm bad test-taker

droomph

weeb
Years
How good are you at testing, in comparison to everyday life?

What's your favorite type of test? (eg multiple choice, short answer, short essay, essay, oral, all that good stuff)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Eh. My memory sucks, so that makes it difficult. So I'm not exactly the best at tests. x;

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm horrible at test. I'll always pull my hair out of my head whenever I have to take an exam lol. My memory is so bad at retaining school stuffs.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I'm actually quite good at retaining information on the condition that I have not procrastinated and have spent time studying and reviewing the material that is going to be on a test beforehand. I do admit, though, that I get very antsy and nervous on tests, and I think this is my downfall when it comes to being able to finish tests on times. When I finish a test, I'm always thinking the worst in mind, like if I possibly failed it or something, when in fact I'm just overreacting. I guess you could say I have test anxiety?

My favorite type of test would have to be multiple choice, although people think that MC tests are the easiest, when in fact they can be pretty difficult. In the end, though, it all depends on how the teacher/professor formats their tests.

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm great when it comes to tests but I'm terrible with everyday assignments because in my eyes, tests actually pertain to what I learned more than group work or making a poster ever would.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm good at taking tests... in fact I'd like to have as many as possible, because I'm pretty much guaranteed to do well on them, even if I never studied or paid attention in class. For example... in my Psychology class we just had a big test, and I missed some class, never took notes or studied, and didn't read any of the book at all, when we were supposed to read several chapters. I got 98%.

That said, I struggle A LOT with doing large amounts of homework or large projects. Speeches used to be pretty much impossible too, but I think I've more or less overcome that. Oh and don't even get me started on essays. I would rather die.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Tests? You're looking at the dude that has never passed Chemistry in my life, along with that, my Maths tests are always cursed with careless mistakes such as putting 'plus' instead of 'divide', seeing wrong numbers and others.

My favourite would be short answer, cos I could any how do it, instead of Multiple Choice, which all look correct.

Years
What's with all the maths hate V__V

I have a good memory and strong logical ability to boot so I've always been reasonable at taking tests.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
While I don't enjoy taking tests I am pretty good at them. I do get very nervous though beforehand even if I have studied hardcore for one. My favourite kind of test would have to be multiple choice. Like a post before me mentioned, many think they're really easy but in fact they can be quite the opposite. Especially ones requiring maths to solve (chemistry, physics, mathematics), because examiners often make each optional answer very close to each other, so it's almost guaranteed if you make a slight miscalculation you'll get the question incorrect.

Years
If it's multiple choice, I rock it. d("d) Always had high standardized tests. I went into the SAT blind and got pretty good scores, although my essay portion was crap. I also did a food safety test that was multiple-choice and got a 98%, and that's after years of not being in school and thus taking tests. /bragging

All the other kinds, I do well if I know the material. If I don't, I don't. It's really as simple as that.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Oh boy I am absolutely terrible at taking tests unless they are oral or an essay. In both I have more chance/freedom to explain myself.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Multiple choice and short answer were always my game, but I've always tested very well overall. I hated essays but I always did very well in them.

I was a model student angel child etc :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Everytime I study I end up staring at walls for hours instead of studying so yeah not the greatest test-taker.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
I'm okay at it, really depends on the type of exam! I'm much better at essay writing than I am at Maths. I have a pretty good memory so it's just putting what I've learned into practice.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't think I do well in tests, but I do well enough to pass. I like multiple choice questions because I can figure the answer from what's being presented.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I suck at test taking. I'm not sure why to be honest, it's not that I don't know the material, I just can't focus most of the time when taking them xD But as far as favorites go, I'd say multiple choice. I'd say they're easier.

Sir Codin

Oh, God, I have a terrible case of test anxiety. Doesn't matter what subject, I just freak out internally during an exam and it takes me a while to get my bearings. That said, I usually pass my exams.

Favorite type of test, though, is multiple choice.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've gotten really bad at test taking since starting college. I think most of the blame is from lack of self-esteem from a select class I've attempted twice and gotten scores <40% on, and unfortunately that's impacted my other classes, but I'm stepping up my game.

I got my first two test grades back this semester, a 90% and a 95% cx

I had one test today where I had to hand-write five pages on lined paper, my wrist hurt like hell and I got a little distracted from the pain towards the end of the exam so I know I didn't put as much into it, so I'm guessing that one is in the B range.

The entire time I was literally thinking, 'why can't I just type this, why can't I just type this' lol :/

Back