• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
Years
Hello, I have taken the poison challenge. I have just beaten Brock after 2 tries.

Current team:

Nidoran M (Lord) level 12

Nidoran F (Lady) level 14

Beedrill (Knight) level 11

UPDATE:

I beat misty (try 3)

Current team:

Nidoking (Lord) level 19

Nidoqueen (Lady) level 20

Beedrill (Knight) level 19

Zubat (Archer) level 17

Ekans (Assasin) level 18

Update: I defeated the Liuetenant First try!

Current Team:

Nidoking (Lord) level 23

Nidoqueen (Lady) level 22

Beedrill (Knight) level 21

Golbat (Archer) level 22

Arbok (Assasin) level 22

Oddish (Gaurd) level 16

Update: Ok I beat Erika first try(of course).

Current Team:

Nidoking (Lord) level 27

Nidoqueen (Lady) level 28

Beedrill (Knight) level 28

Golbat (Archer) level 28

Arbok (Assasin) level 27

Vileploom (Gaurd) level 28

Last edited:

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
Years
beat 3rd in JOHTO (just noticed its spelled very oddly, Japanese translation is strange)

my team:

FEAROW Lv 21
moves: peck, growl, leer and fury attack

GOLBAT Lv 22
moves: supersonic, swift, bite and confuse ray

TOGEPI Lv 22
moves: rollout, metronome, sweet kiss and headbut

NECTOWL Lv 23
moves: hypnosis, mud-slap, flash and peck

HOLY CRAP I GOT A SHINY CATERPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Last edited:

Blastboy

elite trainer
Years
Pokeboy is RIGHT he DID catch a SHINY CATERPIE because he is my brother and I AM SORRY Pokeboy that last time I went on pokecommunity I WAS WRONG.He DOES have cancer!

Im in the challenge in fact Im doing water type pokemon! I just beat the 4th Jim leader with a Blastoise lv 40 and a Gyraados lv38!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
Years
These gyms are crap! (johto) I have beaten 4 today! thats 6 in total!
my team: nectowl lv 27, golbat lv 28, togepi lv 28 (damn it wont evolve!), butterfree lv 28, fearow lv 29 and gyarados lv 32

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
How is it possible to have non-Fire, Water, and Grass types if the type has to be your starter and without hacks...

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
Years
Move me to Johto baby!

Kanto MVP:

Lady (Nidoqueen): Lady turned out to be my most valuable pokemon in Kanto. Her moveset turned out incredibly well, consisting of Thuderbolt, Fireblast, Blizzard, and Surf. She single handedly defeated Lance, killed all but lauralie's Jynx, and even (somehow) managed to kill the invinsible Alakazam. She is my Kanto MVP.

PoisonHallofFameKanto.png

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
beat 3rd in JOHTO (just noticed its spelled very oddly, Japanese translation is strange)

my team:

FEAROW Lv 21
moves: peck, growl, leer and fury attack

GOLBAT Lv 22
moves: supersonic, swift, bite and confuse ray

TOGEPI Lv 22
moves: rollout, metronome, sweet kiss and headbut

NECTOWL Lv 23
moves: hypnosis, mud-slap, flash and peck

HOLY CRAP I GOT A SHINY CATERPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
As I told you before, you need to use the same type for every generation. You need to have a Water-Type team in Johto, because that's what you had in Kanto.

~Magnus~ said:
How is it possible to have non-Fire, Water, and Grass types if the type has to be your starter and without hacks...
In the first post, it states that "When starting your journey in each game, you will have to play the game using just your starter Pokemon. Then, once you gain access to the first available Pokemon of your type, continue from then on with only that type. You can use your starter to help with training these Pokemon, but cease using it in gym battles at this point."

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
I was thinking about joining this when you first started it but totally forgot about it...I guess I'll join now.

I would like to do the challenge using....(I can't choose between Fire or Water) Umm...Umm.......Umm...............Umm......Fire? No wait...I'll do...Ice. No...Fire. Yeah.....Fire.

I have yet to start for I need to find the emulators and ROMS and stuff....Or until I get the courage to give up my data on Yellow, Gold, and all those other ones. ;o

~Magnus~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Can i do this for Poison? seems fun I'll start in Firered

1 Question: Do we restart every game or can we trade eggs of pass games to start with those as well so we arent in a crappy situation if there's less of that type in that region?

Last edited:

~Magnus~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
It is later on, like Hoenn and Sinnoh

EDIT: Where can i get R/B/Y and G/S/C ROMs?

Last edited:

dookie1995

Slakoths Older Brother
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 18, 2012
current progress in ice monotype challenge...

Captian's Log; Day Five
Current Region: Kanto
Current Game: Blue Version
Trainer Name: Gary

Things I did before I found Chrono...

Spoiler:

Current lineup:

GLENN
Level 27 Lapras
-Water Gun
-Body Slam
-Thunderbolt
-Sing

LOLA
Level 41 Jynx
-Ice Punch
-Lovely Kiss
-Psychic
-Body Slam

CHRONO
Level 39 Cloyster
-Tackle
-Clamp
-Bubblebeam
-Aurora Beam

In this episode, we:
Caught Chrono the Cloyster at Level 15
Traded a Level 23 Poliwhirl for Lola the Jynx in Cerulean
Defeated Erika who was a pain
Defeated Lt Surge with ease
Stormed Sliph Co.
Beat our Rival Ash, who spams Ember and Confusion
Recieved a Lapras, who was dubbed Glenn
Defeated Giovanni
Received the Master Ball.

And sadly, I have yet to actually play the game that I'm using for character names.. though I do plan on buying it this summer.

Last edited:

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
Years
Hey I just mopped the floor with red! I'm blazing through these! Move me to hoenn!

Johto region MVP:

Ninja (Ariados): Ariados was my first pokemon here in the Johto reegion, and he served me well. Despite frality, Ariados took out all rock, steel, electric, or poison type enemies with his deadly dig. He devistated two gyms single handedly. Although He wasn't verry useful against the elites(actualy he helped with Karen), Lance, or Red, I have to give him the award.

My current hall of fame cards:

PoisonHallofFameKanto-1.png
PoisonHallofFameJohto.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Hey I just mopped the floor with red! I'm blazing through these! Move me to hoenn!

Finishing the second generation in about three days? oO Impressive. I needed about two weeks.

But honestly, I guess you really should post more updates here. It's always fun to read how other players handle the challenge (and more comprehensible, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back