• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your 10 out of 10 animes!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
*checks her anime list*

Apparently the only things I've given a 10/10 are 5 Centimetres Per Second and The Place Promised in Our Early Days. Thinking back on them, I don't think I'd give them a perfect score anymore. They're beautiful and the music and art direction still amazes me every time, but the pacing is pretty off in both of them and considering I can't really remember the plot all that well of the latter, it probably didn't leave that great an impact on me.

I'm very stingy with perfect scores, though. Even my favourites of any kind of media never get 10/10 because there's always room for improvement in something. I don't feel like I can actually give a perfect score to something so I typically don't.

However, having just recently rewatched the whole series, I think I can safely say that Cardcaptor Sakura is the closest I'd probably ever get to giving something a 10. I loved everything about that anime and watching it all the way through with a close friend who appreciated it just as much as I did made it so much better. The animation didn't age all that much (it still looked great in a lot of places and even the mediocre animation looked fine), the music was still great, the acting was fitting and just... everything still felt so magical. Nostalgia crossed with what was always an excellent show makes it as close to a 10 as I could probably justify. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
A lot like Lightning above, I'm very stingy with giving perfect scores. If something gets a perfect score then that implies it's utterly flawless with no improvements possible, which to me just doesn't seem possible. But the anime that I'd rate highest is La Storia della Arcana Famiglia. It's a really involved anime with great characters that build up and interact wonderfully, alongside a very gripping storyline and great fight scenes (when they are actually put in!), just making it a wonderful anime overall. The concept of the arcana cards is very original and it absolutely fascinated me so that's probably what originally got me hooked, but to anyone who hasn't seen it I'd definitely recommend it.

The only other anime I can think of that came close was Sword Art: Online, but the resolution to Aincrad, well... I didn't take it well haha. Those who've seen the anime will know what I'm referring to, but after that moment I didn't bother to watch the second half since I just didn't think it would have the same feeling any more. I'd give the first half 10/10 bar the ending, but honestly I haven't tried watching the second half so I can't comment on that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't see 10/10s the same way Ozzy and Erica do. I think of it kind of like an A in class - although it's the highest grade, that doesn't mean you did perfectly. It seems a bit off to me to judge anime off of the perfect ideal considering there's no anime that would meet it. The closest to me would have to be Angel Beats. The art is amazing, they managed to develop so many different characters in such a short time frame, and it really hits you in the feels. I could watch this show a million times and never tire of it.

Years
Of the ones I've seen, the three 10/10 must watch anime are without a doubt FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, and Gurren Laggan. All you really need to say. Everybody, and I mean everybody who calls themselves a fan of anime has seen Gurren Laggan, Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. That being said, I still think Code Geass may be my favorite anime ever.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't see 10/10 as 'perfect in every conceivable way', mainly because marking stuff out of 10 will inevitably result in a bit of rounding when judging stuff. I follow this film critic on Twitter that gives marks out of 100 and, out of the 6,000+ films he's reviewed, he's only given 3 a perfect score. To me, that implies absolute perfection and absolutely no desire to change a single thing. Whereas 10/10 just doesn't have that ring of absolute perfection to it: it just means very good in comparison to everything else that is out there.

Which is why I'd give Cowboy Bebop a 10/10, but probably not 100/100. Judging it as a whole and not a collection of episodes, it's a remarkably cohesive piece of art. Sure, there are a few dud moments and some episodes work better than others (hence why it's not perfect), but everything comes together remarkably well, the animation is really good, the characters are memorable, it doesn't outstay its welcome, the music OMG THE MUSIC. To me, it's the best thing that the medium has done, so it deserves a 10 very easily.

Back