• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon "On The Go"

Do you play Pokemon on your phone?

• Yes and often.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Yes but rarely.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No but I want to.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No and I don't intend to.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

The Doctor

What!?
Years
So I know I can't really use "On the Go" as a the term for which I am talking about since all main pokemon games are On the Go, Gameboy, DS etc.

But I'm talking about Mobile Phones. Most new phones ( notably Android powered phones ) have the ability to play Pokemon games on then, all you have to do is download the app from the store and then load a ROM file onto your memory card to play.

I do this quite a lot as it's easier than carrying two separate appendages for gaming and phoning, when I can carry both in the one phone.

Does anybody else do this and do you enjoy it? Does the feeling stay the same or is there something missing for you?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I actually don't have a smartphone. And I probably intend to get an iPhone when I do (I've spent a bit on apps for my iPod Touch). So I'll not really be able to play them on my phone, but wouldn't if I could to be honest. Just seems wrong not to have the familiar button layout either side of my screen without my fingers obscuring part of it.

Years
I've been playing fire red and emerald on my phone recently quite a lot, but this should change as I've recently ordered a 3ds so I can play properly again.

It doesn't feel the same but fast forward is just heaven.

I've also used it for games I didn't get to experience in the past such as puzzle challenge and the tcg video game.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I barely play on my phone, since i can play them all on a flash card.
I recently started a Pokemon Red game on my phone though, which i play from time to time

Years
Don't have a smartphone either, but I did have an emulator on my iPod Touch at one point so I could play Pokemon.

Just like I find with emulators on the computer, though, I don't get as much enjoyment out of playing them as I do with the physical copies themselves. If I do decide to get an emulator when I get a new phone, I might use it as an alternative way to try out some different hacks, but I'll probably just stick to playing the originals on their respective devices.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
I didn't even know you could play it on your phone O:! This makes me want to buy a new cellphone T-T. Even though I'm still pretty content with my gameboy and nitendo...

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I had them for ages and I went through phases of playing them on-off. What I found was that the on screen-button layout frustrated me a lot so I gave up. I just emulate what I don't have and play the actual copies on their respective platforms.

That, and the fact that the emulators on Android are complete b*tches for draining the battery...

The Doctor

What!?
Years
I've been playing fire red and emerald on my phone recently quite a lot, but this should change as I've recently ordered a 3ds so I can play properly again.

It doesn't feel the same but fast forward is just heaven.

I've also used it for games I didn't get to experience in the past such as puzzle challenge and the tcg video game.

You do know that you can't play any GBA game on the 3DS unless it's in the 3DS store, which Pokemon isn't?

blue

gucci
Years
If Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow came to the App Store it would sell like wildfire but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I don't have a smart phone anymore, but I do have a tablet. Either way, I don't want to play games on my phone. I much prefer having the standard controller option, and my first response to wanting to play a Pokemon game is to just grab the cartridge and the proper system.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I play GBA games on my android often. I prefer it since I could play on fast forward.

I feel pretty much the same, in fact pretty much all of my Pokémon gaming is now on my Note. 2x fast forward feels like the speed Pokémon should be. Ordinary 1x is far too slow for me now. Plus, it's a lot easier to cheat :p not that I cheat particularly a lot, but save states are a lifesaver, and warp codes can bypass the event-only areas.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
I have GBA.EMU loaded up on my GSIII and I am using it for my Nuzlocke challenge of LeafGreen. Great for playing during my breaks at work.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
Ta, I love playing Pokémon on my phone, y'know. I don't play it as much as I used to, though.
Currently, I think that I'm on Bruno in the E4 (FR/LG).

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I enjoy playing pokemon in my phone, I usually played emerald there. I even once sent to my friends the file for the game and the emulator and we just played pokemon on our phones during class.

Apricots

Cream Puff
Years
I have an iPhone, which isn't very friendly with things like this, so no.
I would love to do this though! But it'd probably require jailbreaking or something similar... ;n;

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Yes, I like playing Pokemon on my phone. I've been playing Emerald lately, because I can't play it on my 3DS and I wanted to try a game from the previous generations. The only feature I use though are the save states, because sometimes my phone freezes and I don't want to lose any progress. Other than that though, to me it's just like playing on a console.

Back