• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Flawless Platinum

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
I've found Ho-Oh since then that was just my own personal thickness but I'm glad that I was right about Groudon. I was losing my mind in that mountain.
Just uploaded the new patch now, so you'll be able to battle Groudon. Not really sure why that script went missing, but its in now.

But when can I start using it? :(
I tried to use it and the echoed voice from the professor came out -_-
Are you using it while on your bike? Because you can't use it if you're on it.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Is Oak's letter and Members Card working proper?

I'll double check, but I don't see why they wouldn't be.

EDIT: Just went over the scripts for the areas involved, and I can't find anything wrong. Which one are you using first? If its the Member Card, you need to do the Cresselia event before you can do that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Nice! I can't wait to try it out in a minute. I've been looking for something new (since I've been re-running Drays BW/BW2/HGSS hacks like 100 times now.) It seems very similar in how he does his hacks and I love it so I should love this too :)

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Just wanted to make a note here saying that I am currently working on an update of Flawless Platinum that should be released in the next couple of days.

Things included:
Minor bug fixes
Updates based upon X and Y (Attacks and Pokemon)

Its that last thing that's keeping me from releasing it now, especially the updating of attacks.

As much as I would love to, the Fairy Type, or rather the reworking of the ??? type to make it basically Fairy, will not be done for Flawless Platinum. Since no moves that deal damage were changed to it, I would basically be wasting time as its #1 reason for creation was to curb the power of Dragons.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
is it possible to release a vanilla version where there are no changes to pokemon types/stats (ie. drayano's) that would be good for purists like me.

Years
If this is your first hack this is very impressive, I have only made one hack and I haven't even finished it yet I still need a team.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
is it possible to release a vanilla version where there are no changes to pokemon types/stats (ie. drayano's) that would be good for purists like me.
Yeah, I can do that. It will take a bit of work, but I will begin working on it.

any progress on the latest update?
Its almost done, but real life has gotten in the way of me working on it. Should have it done later today or tomorrow.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Looking forward to the update :). Btw random question, do pretty much all the tools that work for Diamond also work for Platinum too? Ive always wondered, i guess there isn't a lot of difference.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I guess real life has gotten in the way more, so no update yet. Hopefully this week.

Thought i'd give you some feedback on a few things! I was looing through some of the scripts + after testing in game I found a few things:

- Regice is still only level 30, not 55 like you say in the info
- Arceus is also not 95, he is 80
- Legendaries are too high level, not difficulty wise, 'boring' wise, ill explain further down
- Some references to areas do not exist
- Some tile errors around Route 216, must be to do with the weather system transition.

On the legends point, I think its a bit, IMO, pointless having the legendaries so high level, I don't think they should higher than 65 across all boards, I get they are supposed to be epic encounters and all but once you get them, having them at level 80 or 90 doesn't give you much room to breath with the pokemon + some moves you may of wanted to keep would of gone, etc.

Instead, i think you make the encounters with them in general more unique, especially with the Regis', take advantage of there abilities further and make it so they are stronger without being just high level, weather conditions, forced pokemon scripts, etc.

I like potential to be interesting, rather than just 'oh its level 95, try harder' so to speak, i love the concept of this HACK, so I hope the updates add something more :).

Last edited:

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Okay, so real life has definitely gotten in the way of my working on this (Flawless Platinum is not my main priority, but rather something I work on when I get the chance). I am making no promises, but I should have the next patch up before December.

Looking forward to the update :). Btw random question, do pretty much all the tools that work for Diamond also work for Platinum too? Ive always wondered, i guess there isn't a lot of difference.
It depends, really. The ones that I used do, but others don't. It comes down to which ones use narc files and which ones don't.

I guess real life has gotten in the way more, so no update yet. Hopefully this week.

Thought i'd give you some feedback on a few things! I was looing through some of the scripts + after testing in game I found a few things:

- Regice is still only level 30, not 55 like you say in the info
- Arceus is also not 95, he is 80
- Legendaries are too high level, not difficulty wise, 'boring' wise, ill explain further down
- Some references to areas do not exist
- Some tile errors around Route 216, must be to do with the weather system transition.

On the legends point, I think its a bit, IMO, pointless having the legendaries so high level, I don't think they should higher than 65 across all boards, I get they are supposed to be epic encounters and all but once you get them, having them at level 80 or 90 doesn't give you much room to breath with the pokemon + some moves you may of wanted to keep would of gone, etc.

Instead, i think you make the encounters with them in general more unique, especially with the Regis', take advantage of there abilities further and make it so they are stronger without being just high level, weather conditions, forced pokemon scripts, etc.

I like potential to be interesting, rather than just 'oh its level 95, try harder' so to speak, i love the concept of this HACK, so I hope the updates add something more :).
I knew about the Regice problem, but not the Arceus one. Thanks for pointing that out. As for the references to areas, would you mind explaining what you mean? I'm not exactly sure. I have no idea about the tile errors.

As for the levels of Legendaries, the idea behind them is that they be higher than the wild Pokemon in nearby areas but not too much. The ones that are 85+ are after the Elite Four, so that's why they're at those levels. Arceus was the highest level Pokemon in DPPt aside from the Magikarp in Platinum, so that is why its at the highest level for a Wild Pokemon besides the previously mentioned Magikarp (And Gyarados).

The only thing preventing me from putting, say, Weather in battles is that I don't exactly know how to do those kinds of things.

Oh wow, are all legends from gen 1 to gen 4 catch-able?
Yep. All except for Manaphy, which you get as an egg, and the disputed Legendary Phione, which is gotten in the same way it has always been.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Flawless indeed. Legends on OW!? That's it, best Platinum hack ever. I, myself, have seen NO other Platinum hack with legends on OW. Kudos to you >Entei<! Wonderful job!
But you say you are only a beginner? I think people who are thinking of making a platinum hack should come to you! Beginner? I think not!

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Okay, so real life has definitely gotten in the way of my working on this (Flawless Platinum is not my main priority, but rather something I work on when I get the chance). I am making no promises, but I should have the next patch up before December.

It depends, really. The ones that I used do, but others don't. It comes down to which ones use narc files and which ones don't.

I knew about the Regice problem, but not the Arceus one. Thanks for pointing that out. As for the references to areas, would you mind explaining what you mean? I'm not exactly sure. I have no idea about the tile errors.

As for the levels of Legendaries, the idea behind them is that they be higher than the wild Pokemon in nearby areas but not too much. The ones that are 85+ are after the Elite Four, so that's why they're at those levels. Arceus was the highest level Pokemon in DPPt aside from the Magikarp in Platinum, so that is why its at the highest level for a Wild Pokemon besides the previously mentioned Magikarp (And Gyarados).

The only thing preventing me from putting, say, Weather in battles is that I don't exactly know how to do those kinds of things.

Yep. All except for Manaphy, which you get as an egg, and the disputed Legendary Phione, which is gotten in the same way it has always been.

No worries about the tools, the ones i've been using to test through your game work perfectly, even FULL sprite replacement which surprised me.

Anyway, no worries with the Regis. Ahh Ok i see what you mean with regards to the levels, that's understandable so does that mean you are able to catch all pokemon before the elite 4? except those that are 85+? Or including those? Personally I still think having it 95 is too high, i played around with some of the levels to test how each area flows together and i found that personally, the legendaries dont always need to be as high as or higher than the wild pokemon.

Take Regirock for example, is level 30 in Vanilla with wild pokemon ranges up to 53. In this, he is 85 with wild ranges up to 82, so to test i dropped him down to 70 MAX just to test the 'feel' of it and personally it just felt better.

That's just me, as i remember back in Sapphire when i encountered Kyogre despite my pokemon being higher levels it's stats proved difficult to play with.

Anyway I digress, my idea was maybe to give them all special items instead, for example giving Dialga/Pakila there orbs during battle and having them removed when caught/beaten or if that's no possible, give them a type enhancing item instead. I gave Kyogre a Mystic Water + Regigigas a Muscle Band and it certainly made a difference in battle despite lowering there levels.

It's just an idea, it's your hack after all, even if the level were lowered only to equal the wild areas buth ey that's not up to me.

Tile errors are NP, just seemed to be a 'zoning' issue that hasn't come back yet.

With weather, well, you could for example just custom edit the movesets of some of the legendaries like Kyogre, let me list some examples:

- Kyogre: As it already has 'Drizzle' give it 'Mystic Water' (20% boost to water attacks ON TOP OF the +50% from 'Drizzle' would make it hit for 70% more power, ouch!) at level 70 despite my guys being close to 80, Ky was insane to take down, the 70% boost even against my grass types was troublesome, but fun!

- Regirock: Give it the move 'Sand 'Storm' + make it hold EITHER 'Smooth Rock' (makes it last 8 turns again) OR 'Hard Stone' (20% rock move power boost)

- Regice: Give it the move 'Hail' + make it hold either NeverMeltIce (+20% ice) OR Icy Rock (8 turns over 5) AND give it the ability 'Ice Body' (recover 1/16 health during hail)

Those are example of how you could add 'weather' to legend battles, ok the Regi's are 'Inside' a cave lol but who cares?! I just imagine it as they have the ability to adapt air pressure and temperatures around them, there pokedex gives hints to this anyway.

Those are just examples but you can see how giving the legendaries interesting item/ability comboes can make them more powerful by avoiding 'drastic' level increases.

Anyway, I look forward to your updates and will continue playing this great hack :).

EDIT

Btw, why do the creation trio have there generation V movesets minus there level 50 move? Seems rather odd to me, unless this was intended as to give them there most powerful moves? In that case, you should have them learn there level 50 moves too as then they will have there most powerful moves (+STAB bonus too).

Last edited:

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
@Krakanous: I like your ideas for the Legendaries. And, yes. All Pokemon barring a little below half of the Legendaries are obtainable before the Elite Four. The Creation Trio's movesets are actually the same as they are in HGSS, where they learn their last move at Lv.46. I am debating changing them back to what they were in DPPt with a single minor edit each, simply because of the level at which they can be obtained.

Okay, the new patch is out now. This is mainly to provide a few fixes for errors and to make a few changes based on X and Y. I have in the works what is most likely going to be the last "major" release of this, but I don't have an estimate as to when that will be done.

EDIT: I'm sorry, NOW the new patch is out. I guess my not feeling well made me forget to update the first post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Awesome :), i've already personally changed them myself, damn, the battles are tough lol if i put them back to there original levels it's too hard haha, Kyogre is monstrous ha.

Ah yes i figured that out after researching the bulbapedia, you only missed off there level 50 move so i just tweaked that myself, I'd say keep it as the GEN 5 moves up to level 50, as when you encounter them, they have there 4 best moves anyway so disrupting that wouldnt seem right, as they already very powerful, which is great, these feel like the only exceptions IMO same with Girantina however it would be nice if he knew HEX but its a GEN 5 move so i just gave it, erm...something lol.

What do you have planned for the last major release?? It would be great if there was a was to increase the 493 pokemon, as it would be nice to a have a couple of V/VI pokemon in there, perhaps placed in new areas or specially secluded areas.

I've managed to completely replace sprites easily so that's no trouble at all, i've been experimenting with inserting brand new sprites (fakemon included) and as i said it works perfectly so if you ever took that route, i could help, unless you already know how too.

Ah so we're keeping with X/Y stats now, fair enough, so have you gone through all 493 and edited them completely? Such as the extra effects from moves that were changed in VI such as recoil changes and type assignment changes? That may be a lot of a work lol.

I assume the latest fixes work fine with saves + save states so ill look forward to whenever the final release is :).

Back