• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Keep in mind NV that there are a lot of RPs out right now and people may not want to risk overworking themselves. Give it time or if that doesn't work, count your losses and release it in a quieter season when things have died. It doesn't mean your RP isn't interesting, it means you got caught in the whirlpool that comes from fifty million popular RPs coming up at the same time.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Okay guys, my role plays been out for a week and no one has joined
I've linked to it in my sig, redesigned it for easier reading, and advertised it here repeatedly, what exactly am I doing wrong?

Your RP has a great setting, I'm actually trying to do a SU, but for some reason I can't seem to flesh out a convincing character.

And I'm also surprised with my Fic, although it's only been out for five days or so, but still...

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Hey guys and gals, as you may have noticed, Sacred Fire/Divine Water has recently gone IC. But we are still accepting players! The bros of Divine Water are outnumbered by the girls of Sacrd Fire, so join us and support Lugia!

(Sacred Fire still has a spot open too, if you want to join them.)

This is a message from the Support Divine Water Committee but the Sacred Fire is awesome Committee would also agree with this post.

[/advertisement]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hey guys and gals, as you may have noticed, Sacred Fire/Divine Water has recently gone IC. But we are still accepting players! The bros of Divine Water are outnumbered by the girls of Sacrd Fire, so join us and support Lugia!

(Sacred Fire still has a spot open too, if you want to join them.)

This is a message from the Support Divine Water Committee but the Sacred Fire is awesome Committee would also agree with this post.

[/advertisement]

You know what I just realized? As the creator, I shouldn't take one side over the other. Maybe I'll make a Sacred Fire Member too :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I've currently got an idea for a Magic-based, fantasy roleplay. It will probably be for a small group, in the range of 6 people, but if anyone is interested or would like to know more feel free to let me know by VM/PM so I can gauge what kind of audience it might receive.

Bearing in mine it won't be around for a while, as I'd like my Danger on the S.S. Anne RP to get nice and comfortable in it's IC thread.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
You know what I just realized? As the creator, I shouldn't take one side over the other. Maybe I'll make a Sacred Fire Member too :D

Well, that would mean Sacred Fire has no open spots left. Sorry folks, looks like you'll have to join Divine Water!

(nyeess yesss)

@SwiftSign: What kind of fantasy would it be? Standard magical creatures like elves and such, or like a deep future or other type of fantasy?

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Just gonna do a bit of advertising here. My rp

(click the image) has one spot open :3

It's a journey rp in my own region that I created, so if you wanna sign up for the last spot make sure you read my latest post in the OOC thread :3

also, I have a question for everyone.

Do you tend to make your characters personalities similar or try to make them different?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@SwiftSign: What kind of fantasy would it be? Standard magical creatures like elves and such, or like a deep future or other type of fantasy?

It's a darkish fantasy world, where Magicians have been persecuted in the past, to the point of mass killing, and the players are a group of uprising anarchists. In many ways the players will be much more 'the bad guys' than 'the heroes' which we often see in RPs.

Creatures-wise there will be some regulars, some new creations - but only as monsters and creatures, there are no other humanoids other than Humans and Magical Humans.

Still in the planning stages, but I have the history/premise sorted.

Do you tend to make your characters personalities similar or try to make them different?

Characters that I play tend to have similarities, I often make them quite independent and semi-antisocial not the bubbly, chatty kind of character. However, I enjoy writing characters for just a few posts, which totally break down my normal personalities and let me try out something new. [In SS Anne] Carla Raines, for example, is quite different to my normal kind of character - wheras Captain Rogers is much more my cup of tea.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
@Swift: That sounds cool, I might check it out when you finish!

Hmmmm....My characters are usually really different. Makoto, my SFDW character, is obsessed with honor and tradition, but can have fun at times. Arti, my Pkmn TA character is "that one guy who wears scarves, wears 'outfits', and usually hangs out with girls." (hes sensitive). Kimi, my prelude character, thinks she's a badass, and is sort of a tomboy, but still feminine girl. And Vinnie, my newest character, is the loverboy. He's got girls on his mind 24/7. I also have a pending sign up in the elite army, for my character Marcrotus "The Inquisitor" Ordain. He's a vigilante with mental issues. He's kinda messed up

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Akio-kun: Sweet! You're joining Sacred Fire! :D Welcome to the kingdom I'm also in!

As for the topic, I tend to make my characters the silent type. It's something I quite enjoy, & I definitely love making them different.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
Aw, really cute picture, by the way, and thank you for the introduction. :D Can't wait to get better settled in here!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

I'm not sure actually. I think they are basically kind of alike, but still very different when they act inside the RP. It's details that can differ one character from another. Like a certain thing that happened in the history, or a certain family or a certain hobby. Even if the character's personality is basically quite alike some older character I've created, small things can make for completely different RPing experiences.

When one has created as many characters as I have (which I'm sure most here has xD) that's the only way I feel I can keep going without always reusing some older character completely. I reuse concepts, but change bits of them.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
@~Genevieve~ Generally, my characters range in personalities. I find it fun to use characters that would act completely different to the situation and have different motives and perspectives. Using the same traits and personalities over and over again tends to suck the fun out of me. But at the same time, I often recycle personalities that I enjoy playing with, especially with characters I may no longer use.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
@~Genevieve~ My characters usually follow different archetypes as the basis for their creation which i then take to the logical conclusion through character planning. I will recycle characters if i find them particularly interesting but giving the character a role really helps define that character in my head if that makes any sense. I also tend to concentrate on flaws if possible. Countless flaws make for a much more interesting character than those with many strengths in my opinion.

Years

Recently I've been basing most of my characters around my best friends so most of the time they really do vary because all my friends are just so different. Before that though if I made a character who was fun to rp with I would make my other characters just like that one. Usually i already have some characters written up and edit them to fit the rp I'm joining so the personalities change a bit.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Recently I've been basing most of my characters around my best friends so most of the time they really do vary because all my friends are just so different. Before that though if I made a character who was fun to rp with I would make my other characters just like that one. Usually i already have some characters written up and edit them to fit the rp I'm joining so the personalities change a bit.

Haha, do they know you are basing roleplay characters on them?

I have been basing many characters lately (urrm, like this spring-lately) on people from movies or other stories I've heard/seen/read. Inspiration is totally ok, right? :) As long as we don't downright steal someone else's character.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I base some of my characters off my friends. One is based off a few superheroes mixed together (the vigilante guy) But most come from my friends :)

In other news, I've decided that I do want to make that Eragon rp. If someone wants to GM with me, send me a message or something, and we can decide on how we want to set it up. (everyone has different ideas). If not, you probably won't see it until November or so. So come on guys! I'm not the only one who wants to make this, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back