• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ACW advice

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Pokemon: A Changed World [idea]

Hey! It's turtwig26! I have an idea for a new game tentatively called Pokemon: A Changed World. If I do, I would be a mapper, eventer, story-writer, and spriter. I would need help with coding and maybe another spriter to help things move along faster.

Story:

You live in a region named Jusper, formed by the remains of other regions that have been split apart and brought together by earthquakes and volcanoes. It is years and years in the future, and things have changed. The region is now ruled by a president, president Kylar. Pokemon no longer run freely around the region. Instead, they are rare, and only in some places, hiding. Trainers are no longer to have pokemon. Instead, pokemon are captured and forced to fight each other in matches that people bet on. You are part of the Pokemon Hunter Corps. You hunt down rogue trainers. One day, you graduate from the beginner's academy to a rookie and you get a job to hunt down a man who was sighted with two pokemon. Your task is to defeat him and take his pokemon, since it is illegal to take trainer's pokemon without defeating them first. THe corps leader gives you a shadow Hydreigon. You travel to a next door town and into a small forest and find an old man inside of the room. He says that he has been waiting for one of you to come and take his pokemon. He says that one of them has been released and asks you to let him release another one. You don't and so he battles you. After you beat him, he says that his time on this land is over and with his dying breath, tells you to bring back the times of Steven, Gary, Ash, Cynthia, Lance, and the rest of the pokemon masters. You must do that by seeking out the rest of the eight gyms scattered in hiding around the rest of Jusper. He says that once you do this, you must defeat the elite four in public. This will inspire trainers in hiding to rise up against the pokemon cruelty. With this he dies, giving you his togekiss and the first gym badge. Your hydreigon, seeing this runs away. You return to the corps and get another mission. This time, a legendary pokemon, pokemon that are usually captured to use as the final battles in coliseums, is loose in Molten Mountain. You must journey there and capture the pokemon so that he can live the rest of it's live in captivity. Also, in just a few months time is the Grand Brawl, a tournament known to be the most brutal and famous tournament ever. You must capture the legendary pokemon (mewtwo), and bring him to the hunter corps. Over the course of the story, you will be caught in between two sides fighting each other. One fighting for humanity, (or pokemanity), and another fighting for entertainment. Soon, you will find the lost remnants of the league, and your life will be changed forever.

If I do decide to make this a game than I will use RpgXP. i will need a futuristic type of tileset though. Any tips on how to achieve that?

World Map:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Isom

Kari Byron is still my lady.
Years
What happens if I decide to embrace my job as hunter? Does that take me down a different path than that of battling gym leaders?

I think that maybe the Pokemon hiding isn't such a great idea, seems like it would only allow for very few Pokemon to be in the game. Also, do you get the Pokemon from EVERY trainer you defeat? You'd surely run into some doubles, like two trainers having the same Pokemon because every trainer having different ones is a bit unlikely, right?

I really do like the story, I think it's original and very interesting. However, I think you need to work out some of the smaller things. It always help to be as prepared as possible going into making a game. I know from personal experience - I've tried and failed many times. I'm sure you're seeing this in a different way, and I'd love to see it like that, but I need more specifics.

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
What happens if I decide to embrace my job as hunter? Does that take me down a different path than that of battling gym leaders?

I think that maybe the Pokemon hiding isn't such a great idea, seems like it would only allow for very few Pokemon to be in the game. Also, do you get the Pokemon from EVERY trainer you defeat? You'd surely run into some doubles, like two trainers having the same Pokemon because every trainer having different ones is a bit unlikely, right?

I really do like the story, I think it's original and very interesting. However, I think you need to work out some of the smaller things. It always help to be as prepared as possible going into making a game. I know from personal experience - I've tried and failed many times. I'm sure you're seeing this in a different way, and I'd love to see it like that, but I need more specifics.

Thanks for the response! First off, after you defeat the first gym leader, you don't fight any more trainers and take their pokemon. Instead, you are kind of stuck in between the hunter corps and the pokemon league. As the plot moves along, I will probably make it so that you slowly turn to the side of the league and defeat the gyms. I will probably make the normal amount of wild pokemon appear. Anyway, thanks for the advice!

*Update*
Added the rough draft of a world map

Last edited:

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Anything else?

Any other advice? I'm starting to get tilesets and sprites ready before I actually make the game. I'm also learning how to script so that I won't have to rely on other people and maybe join another project that needs scripting.

Back