• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plasma Freeze Pre-Release

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Anybody planning on going to a Plasma Freeze Pre-Release event in your area?

I know I plan on trying to go to one near me. I really want that Metagross promo and deck box.

I was also wondering if anyone can tell me how those things usually work? I only just got back into Pokemon this year because of Sydian always talking about her cards, so I am not fully up to speed on things like this.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
They will give you a set of boosters for you to keep. And from those booster packs, you make your own deck to compete with everyone else. And depending on the number of persons who signed up, the prize could differ.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
They will give you a set of boosters for you to keep. And from those booster packs, you make your own deck to compete with everyone else. And depending on the number of persons who signed up, the prize could differ.
That sounds like fun! Is there a buy in or something for the cards, or do they give them promotionally? I would like to get some more PS and BC while I'm there, so I gotta make sure I have enough cash.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was also wondering if anyone can tell me how those things usually work? I only just got back into Pokemon this year because of Sydian always talking about her cards, so I am not fully up to speed on things like this.

You're very welcome!

Sadly, idk any places nearby that are doing this, and tbh, the nearest places that might have this are Birmingham or Atlanta. Although both are only an hour away, I don't feel comfortable with driving on the interstate to get there. It does sound like fun though. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to collect Plasma Freeze however. I love Neo Team Plasma in general, which is a reason I'm collecting Plasma Storm, but still, it's so time and money consuming and I'm not even close to finishing that set that idk if it would be wise to start a new one.

Years
There's a fee to participate in these prereleases. For my local ones, the fee is $30 no matter whether you're doing a booster draft or a theme deck prerelease draft. That's probably what the fee is across the country.

I am not sure if I'll be able to make it to one for this set.

Back