• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

darkslizer

Knight of Life
Years
I'm taking my friend's theory and saying that traveling through time is going to be an element in this game. To me, it just doesn't look like there are enough cities, so maybe visiting them in the past would get you a different badge. I mean, it not like we need a third time pokemon, but hey, Celebi and Dialga were both awesome. Maybe Nintendo will wow us.

Also, I don't think the Z legendary will be based off of a kraken. I have a feeling it will be somewhat like Nidhoggr, a dragon/serpent. Maybe Dragon/Dark? Personally, I don't think it will be released until the next game. Pokemon Z, maybe? The resident team might be trying to catch Xerneas and Yveltal, like in Platinum, and then Z intervenes, and the final battle will take place in the bottom of the Yggdrasil. Pokemon will represent it with the underworld or something.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
If you go down and right from Lumiose City, it looks like there's a possible candidate for the dark-type gym i've been dreaming of. You know, past what looks like gardens.

And then your trainer's house is down and left of Lumiose City.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
It's the magnet train that leads to Johto.

I actually think that this may be the transportation system you can use to access an area underground acting as a Subway system. It looks like there are mines in the top right hand corner so maybe they could be connected some how?

It actually would make sense for it to be the train to goldenrod city... I would actually love that... Maybe that's were you get the fossil Pokemon of this generation and the past ones as well.

Looks like this guy had the same idea as I did, but took longer than 10 minutes to make his speculation on the map...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Also a part of my thoughts... The snowy mountain to the upper right looks kind of... Legendary. And the clouds could be covering something up, kind of like the ice did in the black 2 and white 2 pictures from before they were released.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Since Goldenrod City is on a completely different continent based on real world locations, I'm going to say this has a 0% chance of happening. Besides, then they'd have to build both Johto and Kanto into the game. They won't do that.

Cyclone

This isn't the real world... It's the Pokemon world... They could literally all be next to each other if they wanted it to be... It is their series after all...

Also... No they don't... Put up a sign saying the road to goldenrod is down... Boom they don't need to add them at all... Plus it would allow us an idea of where Kalos is located at on the PokeMap...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
This isn't the real world... It's the Pokemon world... They could literally all be next to each other if they wanted it to be... It is their series after all...

Also... No they don't... Put up a sign saying the road to goldenrod is down... Boom they don't need to add them at all... Plus it would allow us an idea of where Kalos is located at on the PokeMap...

The routes restart in Kalos. I highly doubt it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm going to go on board saying that I doubt Johto is connected to Kalos. Just based on how the Routes reset again that's almost enough to doubt it on it's own. If it was close to Kanto or Unova it'd just be weird since they'd all have the same route numbers. Just doesn't really make sense logically.

Of course, they can do whatever they want though so who knows =P

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I like this! Hopefully there's a lot of scenic views away from the cities. I couldn't stand Unova purely for the fact that it was industrial. Never been a fan for cities, even in game.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I like this! Hopefully there's a lot of scenic views away from the cities. I couldn't stand Unova purely for the fact that it was industrial. Never been a fan for cities, even in game.

Black was industrial... White seemed more natural... You should play White instead. I never felt it was overly industrial...

The train could just be a battle subway again... But I'm still betting on end game area... I know Johto isn't plausible... I was just saying that GameFreak can do what they want... (Johto's railroad to the left ends in goldenrod... To the left of the city is an ocean too, so it makes no sense...)

Years
The train could just be a battle subway again... But I'm still betting on end game area... I know Johto isn't plausible... I was just saying that GameFreak can do what they want... (Johto's railroad to the left ends in goldenrod... To the left of the city is an ocean too, so it makes no sense...)
I'd like to see the train lead to another (mini) region in the post game. There are so many areas of Europe that could be used to make regions in future games, but I don't think we'll be staying in Europe for future games, or at least beyond one additional region, so if we could take a train to a few selected towns "off the map" that would be nice. There could be a town based on Venice, or London, or Amsterdam or some other interesting looking place.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
The central [Paris like] city with the tower reminds me of the central city in Cyrodiil, in the TES:Oblivion LMAO

Back in high school I had the pleasure of visiting France for a couple weeks with my class. I hadn't thought of this before, but part of my hopes to recognize some of the primary monuments and buildings

The other part of me wants the game to distance it self from real like France as much as possible. I find France to be pretty beautiful (especially the non Paris parts...) but having traveled all over Europe, see it as a tad bit over rated (Especially the city of Paris it self)

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I've been hearing rumors going around that this picture features only 1/2 to 1/3 of what the actual region will be.

But I cannot confirm the validity of this, however.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I've been hearing rumors going around that this picture features only 1/2 to 1/3 of what the actual region will be.

But I cannot confirm the validity of this, however.

Does anyone think TOO MUCH of the map is visible? Usually most of the map is covered by clouds to reveal the map one piece at a time. This leads me to believe that there is roughly 20-40% more map that what we see.

There is just SO MUCH detail of individual location on the first map, it seems odd that they would show so much. They are usually more coy about showing the map.

Do you think there is more?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Does anyone think TOO MUCH of the map is visible? Usually most of the map is covered by clouds to reveal the map one piece at a time. This leads me to believe that there is roughly 20-40% more map that what we see.

There is just SO MUCH detail of individual location on the first map, it seems odd that they would show so much. They are usually more coy about showing the map.

Well the areas on the map aren't that detailed and they're not going to be fully representative of what the areas will be like when we're actually travelling the region.

They probably decided to show the majority of it off just to get us speculating and gushing over it.

I feel like what we have now will be it...save for the possibility of a small Sevii islands post story kind of area. I would love to be proven wrong but there's already so much going on in the map and Lumiose city itself seems huge...it would be surprising if there was a second part of a similar size.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024

I could be mistaken but wasn't the (original) Unova map just...completely shown the first time? Not saying that other regions aren't a possibility, but I really think this is all there is to Kalos. There may be something underneath the clouds but I'm fairly certain that they're just there to indicate that those are tall mountains separating Kalos from the rest of the surrounding land.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was hoping that the map would have Corsica in it. Hopefully if there's any post game traveling like in FrLg we'll visit that island. Maybe the third legend could be on it? It was Nepoleon's homeland after all.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I was hoping that the map would have Corsica in it. Hopefully if there's any post game traveling like in FrLg we'll visit that island. Maybe the third legend could be on it? It was Nepoleon's homeland after all.
I'm still waiting for the Gargouille to appear.

The gargouille...was allegedly a serpent-like water-spouting dragon that appeared in the Seine River in France. It was said to terrorize boats and flood the land. In the legend, Saint Romain, the archbishop of Rouen, lured the monster to shore using a convict, and then made a cross with his fingers to tame the monster. He then led it into town where it was slaughtered. Some accounts said it was burned. The accounts of burning said that neither the monster's head or neck would burn, so they were mounted on the town's cathedral to display God's power.

Or even a Quinotaur.

The Quinotaur (Lat. Quinotaurus) is a mythical sea creature mentioned in the 7th century Frankish Chronicle of Fredegar. Referred to as "bestea Neptuni Quinotauri similis",[1] (the beast of Neptune which resembles a Quinotaur) it was held to have fathered Meroveus by attacking the wife of the Frankish king Chlodio and thus to have sired the line of Merovingian kings.

The name translates from Latin as "bull with five horns", whose attributes have commonly been interpreted as the incorporated symbols of the sea god Neptune with his trident, and the horns of a mythical bull or Minotaur.
Here are others if you want to explore possibilities.

FTR, I called for the Gargouille shortly after X/Y were announced. If this appears, I claim guess credit, and I think for Quinotaur as well.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Something can be based on Tarasque. "The Tarasque was a sort of dragon with six short legs like a bear's, an ox-like body covered with a turtle shell, and a scaly tail that ended in a scorpion's sting. It had a lion's head." It can be part Dragon but I don't know about the other type.

Back