• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
Years
how do i insert sprites i have but many many sprites (including overworlds trainer sprites and title sprites) into my rom? im hacking firered

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
how do i insert sprites i have but many many sprites (including overworlds trainer sprites and title sprites) into my rom? im hacking firered

You can use unLZ to import trainer sprites and other sprites in the game.
unLZ is foundhere
You should use Xeon's overworld editor to edit and insert Overworlds, as mentioned above.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
Hello. :]
I got two questions:
1. Is there a working scrpting tool download here on Pokecommunity? I can't seem to find one... Mainly need either Pokescript or SciptEd.
2. How do I change 'Team Magma Grunt would like to battle' into 'Team Skylark Grunt would like to battle?

Thank you.
^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
taka6 said:
i got a prob and i was wondering if someone could help this is for ruby but when i go somewhere were its supposed to be foggy all i see is the fog no scenery but trainer sprites come up

attached is a pic of what it looks like

:sean:
:t277: :t296: :t041: :t257: :t183: :t309:

What do you expect fog to look like?

theboss said:
i think so
so your saying that if u use the right amount of collors no pic is to big?

Pictures are 64 x 64, but they need to have the 16 colours that the previous sprite had. Otherwise you need to edit the colours.

makunouchi said:
Under normal scripting(pokescript) circumstances, can it be possible to insert secret bases in fr/lg games?
It would be nice to see how the script is but this isn't a request thread.
also whenever i insert an aron revamp into a game with Unlz-GBA the aron always appears as a glitchy mess on the bottom part.
can anyone tell me why this happens because i check all 4 boxes and change the number.
Thanks to anyone who will help me with these questions.

1. Refer to the scripting thread, please.
2. That means your colours are incorrect or that you are using too many.

Diggeh said:
How can you edit a trainer sprite in Ruby (and insert its colors as well) in unLZ without screwing up every trainer sprite?

The problem is that every trainer sprite has the same palette offset: 00E59FD8

I realized that Free Space Finder wouldn't be of help because it just ruins all the trainer sprite palettes. >_<

Each trainer sprite has a different palette, maybe you have the wrong offset.

Minun200 said:
Hello. :]
I got two questions:
1. Is there a working scrpting tool download here on Pokecommunity? I can't seem to find one... Mainly need either Pokescript or SciptEd.
2. How do I change 'Team Magma Grunt would like to battle' into 'Team Skylark Grunt would like to battle?

Thank you.
^^

1. Check the tool section.
2. You can do that using A-Text using the search feature or in a hex editor.

taka6

wtf?
Years
  • Age 35
  • here
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
What do you expect fog to look like?

Well Blazichu its supposed to be sorta transparent i didnt word my question right
but yah its not supposed to block out every thing

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
taka6 said:
Well Blazichu its supposed to be sorta transparent i didnt word my question right
but yah its not supposed to block out every thing

Maybe you should consider using the light fog, instead of the heavy one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2015
My Tile Error

This is my problem
untitled.jpg

I can't fix it, this is tile i learn forum Zel's topic
Can You Help Me , thank you so much
Any body can help me by Image , thank you so so much, I must fix that Error for my hack Game

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
Hello there! I've been into this for about 3 days now, I guess you can say I learn fast, even though I still don't even have the basics down yet. I do know how to map edit, and do all of that, and I mindlessly downloaded a **** load of programs from this site, aswell as some from others. I stumbled on this site from google, after looking at youtube videos of some program called 'Advance Map'. I learned the maker of Advance Map came here, so I came here to check it out. I gotta say, this stuff is really impressive, but I can't say I'm exactly familiar with anything so! Enough about me, as if anyone here cares about my background and why I came here. I lurked around a little bit and I am good with forums usually, so I came to this thread after looking around abit.

1. How do you edit the actual Pokemon images, as well as names and things like that?
2. I was working with Trainer Edit, and then PET, and then I tried my hand at PokeScript through a tutorial on scripting by Thethethethe, where I just pasted an example script and edited it to fit my scenario, which was fighting Prof. Oak in a cave near pallet town after the league. I haven't figured out how to make the cave inaccessible until then, and I tried applying the Trainer ID to him, but to my dismay, the wild Pokemon just turned into '?' symbols, leveled 1. I pressed 'A' on Oak, and nothing happened. I checked trainer in Advance Map, I put in the Trainer ID, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. SO THE QUESTION IS, HOW DO YOU MAKE A CAVE INACCESSIBLE UNTIL AFTER YOU DEFEATED THE POKEMON LEAGUE, AND HOW DO YOU MAKE A NEW SPRITE A TRAINER?
3. How do you get those nice tiles I've seen in so many Hacks? I'm stuck with some basic ones from Fire Red, and I wanna make it look nicer.
4. I got Advance Text, and I made it the script program for Advance Map. I opened it, and it said that the game didn't have an INI file. Meaning I could not edit the text in the game, like I wanted. I don't know how to fix this.
5. Like number one, how can you edit the In Battle Trainer, I edited the out of battle sprites but in battle, they're different.

Thanks!

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
i started to use pokepic an i want to change the picture of some pokemons for my hack
but when i import my final picture, the picture does not show his true picture

Here is my pokemon picture:
mypictureqy1.png
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2339/mypictureqy1.png

and when i import it turned like this:
yeahbp1.png

pls help me so i can continue hacking

You have to change the palette, it's pretty simple, just look for a tutorial in the Documents/Tutorial Section. :)

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
Years
I'm not gunna search 200 friggin pages I dont know if these were answered already but:

1. How do you insert tiles (like D/P) into palettes (like Firered/Leafgreen)
2. How do you copy backsprites and overworlds and make them so you can use them?

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Changing the Union Room

So, is it possible to change the maps in the Union Room? If it is, you could, hypothetically, make an outdoor 'Linked' area or even put warps and connections in. You could create a multiplayer island or region, could it be done?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
all over the internet there are tilesets, but they are all in .png format, so how do i take that tileset and insert it or part of it into the game?

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
Hello there! I've been into this for about 3 days now, I guess you can say I learn fast, even though I still don't even have the basics down yet. I do know how to map edit, and do all of that, and I mindlessly downloaded a **** load of programs from this site, aswell as some from others. I stumbled on this site from google, after looking at youtube videos of some program called 'Advance Map'. I learned the maker of Advance Map came here, so I came here to check it out. I gotta say, this stuff is really impressive, but I can't say I'm exactly familiar with anything so! Enough about me, as if anyone here cares about my background and why I came here. I lurked around a little bit and I am good with forums usually, so I came to this thread after looking around abit.

1. How do you edit the actual Pokemon images, as well as names and things like that?
2. I was working with Trainer Edit, and then PET, and then I tried my hand at PokeScript through a tutorial on scripting by Thethethethe, where I just pasted an example script and edited it to fit my scenario, which was fighting Prof. Oak in a cave near pallet town after the league. I haven't figured out how to make the cave inaccessible until then, and I tried applying the Trainer ID to him, but to my dismay, the wild Pokemon just turned into '?' symbols, leveled 1. I pressed 'A' on Oak, and nothing happened. I checked trainer in Advance Map, I put in the Trainer ID, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. SO THE QUESTION IS, HOW DO YOU MAKE A CAVE INACCESSIBLE UNTIL AFTER YOU DEFEATED THE POKEMON LEAGUE, AND HOW DO YOU MAKE A NEW SPRITE A TRAINER?
3. How do you get those nice tiles I've seen in so many Hacks? I'm stuck with some basic ones from Fire Red, and I wanna make it look nicer.
4. I got Advance Text, and I made it the script program for Advance Map. I opened it, and it said that the game didn't have an INI file. Meaning I could not edit the text in the game, like I wanted. I don't know how to fix this.
5. Like number one, how can you edit the In Battle Trainer, I edited the out of battle sprites but in battle, they're different.

Thanks!

Also, I had another question I just remembered

6. I tried to open a ROM in Pokepic which was a part of the EliteMap Package, but nothing came up. I opened 3 different roms, nothing came up. Help?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hello there! I've been into this for about 3 days now, I guess you can say I learn fast, even though I still don't even have the basics down yet. I do know how to map edit, and do all of that, and I mindlessly downloaded a load of programs from this site, aswell as some from others. I stumbled on this site from google, after looking at youtube videos of some program called 'Advance Map'. I learned the maker of Advance Map came here, so I came here to check it out. I gotta say, this stuff is really impressive, but I can't say I'm exactly familiar with anything so! Enough about me, as if anyone here cares about my background and why I came here. I lurked around a little bit and I am good with forums usually, so I came to this thread after looking around abit.

Thanks!

1. You can edit the images with unLZ GBA (Elite Map), the names with N-E-A, and the moves with any of the Pokémon Editors. Look for them in the Toolbox or the Tools Resource thread.

2. a) You'll need to learn scripting to do that, but if you're using FR, you could just copy the Person ID of the guy blocking the entrance to the cave where Mewtwo is.
b) In trainer editors there are empty trainer slots. Edit one of them and make a proper trainer, and put the number of that trainer slot as the trainer ID in Advance Map.

3. Some people make their own tiles, and some use tiles made by other people that are uploaded in ROM hacking sites and can be used by anyone as long as they give credit.

4. Create a new INI file. You'll just have to search for the text you want to edit before you edit it.

5. In-battle sprites can be edited with unLZ GBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back