• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics & Photography Competitions Q&A/Discussion

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
You can ask any questions in here if you still have any problems after reading the rules. |D We'll try our best to answer them for you!

Just use your common sense when posting in this thread, be courteous to the fact that this is a thread that is SHARED between all the artists- pixels, graphics, traditional, whatever. Be courteous, civil, and polite. Sheesh~!

Let me clarify something first:

The Pixel Art's Monthly contest for June will be finished in it's own forum. AKA, pixel art competitions aren't gonna show until July.

Questions that have been Answered

Do graphic battles belong in the Competition forum as well?
Yup. They work like any other competition.

How do you get permission to run a contest?
PM either myself, Baromega, or Fox, depending on which forum your competition would belong in if this forum didn't exist.
Check the rules to see which forums apply to each person.

Why are all the old threads locked?
This is so people know that that those threads are no longer open to entries/voting.

Why are all the competitions Graphics Competitions? Where are the Art and Pixel Competitions?
There are currently no Art contests running. (You're welcome to start one if you so wish.)
Pixel of Month has been having a few issues. We're trying to get it up and running ASAP.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Oh.
Yeah I guess they do. xD

[/didn't think we were still running those, but if you ever want to run one, they go in here, and need to be approved ya?]

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
Eww approved, anyways I think Andy was gonna start up the GB&C Group again soon.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
Years
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but for those who don't, how do you get permission to run a contest, such at IotW?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
IoTW? I was hoping to see some more interesting names now that we have a new sub-forum. xD

Also, would this thread be better off being a discussion thread like in G&P?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Dukey: Yuuup, approval needed. Probably after awhile I'll get tired of approving things though, and then we can skip it. xD;
Santaria: To get permission to run a competition, you have to PM me with your idea and how you'll run it etc. IotW is already being hosted though- by Dukey.
Josephine: Umm, probably... that's what we'll probably be using it for anyway. I'll add a /Discussion to the title.

Which brings me to: DUKEY SET UP THE IOTW ALREADY. D:<

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Set Prefixes? Can we not have a field to enter a custom one?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Josephine: Ummm...
I don't think so....? D:
I'll ask Arthur, but in the meantime, if you want a different prefix, tell me via P/VM and I'll have someone add it.
Or something like that. xD

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Yeah I didn't really think there was a system in place, just wanted to twist your arm to see if it could get done.

I just think it'd be less of a deterrent to new competitions;

Remember that guy who wanted a competition for his new banner art?
Fun little competitions like this would stand out less and be deemed 'less official'.

I guess it's kind of fair that the more established contests earn the right for a prefix, but IOTW has only just started up and it already has one so that's not the case there.

Years
Just use your common sense when posting in this thread, be courteous to the fact that this is a thread that is SHARED between all the artists- pixels, graphics, traditional, whatever.
Yeah, so... what happened to this? :\ I've seen nothing but graphics here. No regular art, no pixel art... and if Fox♠ and Amachi can approve competitions here, why aren't they modded in here too?

I thought Pixel Art Monthly Contests were to be held in here starting in July? Well, it's July, and we're still in the main Pixel Art forum. Sooo.. is this happening in August, or has that whole idea been scrapped and this is now the Graphics & Photography Competitions subforum?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Yeah, so... what happened to this? :\ I've seen nothing but graphics here. No regular art, no pixel art... and if Fox♠ and Amachi can approve competitions here, why aren't they modded in here too?

I thought Pixel Art Monthly Contests were to be held in here starting in July? Well, it's July, and we're still in the main Pixel Art forum. Sooo.. is this happening in August, or has that whole idea been scrapped and this is now the Graphics & Photography Competitions subforum?

The reason why they're not modded is something I can't tell you.
Nobody has approached me with a proposal for a regular art competition, thus, there isn't one.

I thought they were supposed to be held in here too. Don't look at me, ask Fox. He said he was going to get a prefix, but that has yet to happen, and I don't know why.
I have nothing to do with the pixel art competitions, so I assumed something happened with you guys. <A<;

Anyway, what do you guys think of me closing threads after the voting/entry period is over? Might make it easier to distinguish between the most recent entry and voting threads?

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years

Go ask them what's taking so long? We have no idea what's up with the other side of the Art Forum lols.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
The reason why they're not modded is something I can't tell you.
Nobody has approached me with a proposal for a regular art competition, thus, there isn't one.

I thought they were supposed to be held in here too. Don't look at me, ask Fox. He said he was going to get a prefix, but that has yet to happen, and I don't know why.
I have nothing to do with the pixel art competitions, so I assumed something happened with you guys. <A<;

Anyway, what do you guys think of me closing threads after the voting/entry period is over? Might make it easier to distinguish between the most recent entry and voting threads?

I think you should close threads, when competitions get more busy it'll help avoid confusion.

Also I am certain i did PM someone over Prefixes, but I had a few DB errors that day, so maybe it never sent. Anyway I'll ask again about a prefix and then I'll move the existing contest here.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Alright, not to be a nag, but are you guys just going to put off the pixel contest to next month?
Because it seems like /somebody/ is going to have to kick you guys in the ass, even if that person is /completely/ unrelated to your contest. <___<

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
I have a question, why have a competition forum if the old threads end up getting hidden away? Why not get them locked instead?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
They do get locked, not... hidden...

Hidden? Why would they get hidden? xD; [/I don't even know how I'd be able to do that. :B]

Back