• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creative Productions {Recruiting}

Will this project fail?

• Total voters

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Creative Productions [Begging you to join]

Creative Productions
Yes, of course I need a banner.

Hello there,
I love working out ideas for hacks (Or improvements of games, as I'd rather call them), problem is I somehow suck at scripting and spriting.
So now I've once again worked out a storyline, worldmap etc. But I need a group of people to make it real, to make it a real, working hack.
This group of people should be creative, and open for ideas, as I am myself. And maybe, if all goes well, we might make some other hacks.

We'll be hacking FireRed, cuz I like the tileset and most tools are Firered compatible.

Region

My Own Drawings
Spoiler:

Niknaks Worldmap:
Spoiler:

The region is an archipelago. I've got Niknaks working on the worldmap
The starter town will be Montiny Town, which is positioned at the foot of the highest mountain, in the north east corner of the biggest island.
I'll work this out in the next post. (I'll also give the 'route-etc'map). Done.

Storyline:

History
Spoiler:

Your story:
Spoiler:

My goal is to make this hack pretty difficult to play, so with a lot of substories and riddles.

What is to be expected:

Team Invictus (A communist Russia like organisation, all with the comrad and stuff).
A lot of different scenery and climates.
Which I hope, nice Fakemon
A real leader of the region: A count with his countess and their Royal, capital city.
A father/son vs. Father/son battle with your rival.
Different kinds of people all over the region. (I want to introduce some Italians who constantly say 'let's make pizza' and stuff. And just like nintendo, I think there's no reason why coloured people shouldn't be in pokemon games.)
Double gym challenges: First you have to beat the invictus executives, after you have beaten the whole invictus team, you have to beat the gym leaders to go to the league (we'll figure out where to place it).

What I need to achieve this:
Experienced or talented (and I would prefer dedicated):

Scripters (XSE or pksvui, It doesn't bother me)
Spriters + overworld editors.
Some mappers
Music inserters (I don't have the slightest idea how that works)
Banner makers + graphics.

I don't need any more storyliners, but as I said, creativity is never useless.

You want to join?

What position (obvious):
Past experience (I don't really care, but it's nice to know):
Proof of work (Most important, show me what you can and can't do):
Contact information (Naah, I'll see you around):

The Creative Productions Team
Diho - Mapper, Inmap-scripting, Storyline + Ideas, Founder.
Azoula - Title screen editer
JT123 - (Fusion-)spriter
HackDeoxys - Independent mapper

People who deserve my thanks for support:
Niknaks - The worldmap

Cheers!

Last edited:

azoula

Trainer from Beginning
Years
Why: Why not?
What position: Title screen maker
Past experience:None
Proof of work:
pokemonfirered.png

Contact information: PM/VM

If i am in just say me how would you like your title screen ,
I can work until today at 7 (i think)

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Yep, you're pretty good, definitely accepted.

But, since the hack is far from completion, atm I don't even know the name.
So, I think Ill Pm you when I know more, is that okay?

Coz there's not much response, and I was bored this afternoon, I worked out the region's details. Got all names now, except for one city, next to the lake. (This one deserves a special name.) And I have made blueprints for a large part of the storyline.

The north:
Spoiler:

The Hometown region:
Spoiler:

The centre:
Spoiler:

The Bay:
Spoiler:

The southeast:
Spoiler:

Cascavel Island:
Spoiler:

The eight gym cities are (in this order):

Seaside city (prob water) You're able to dive (useless till later on)
Vertigo city(open for suggestions)
Crossing town (open for suggestions)
Vieupoli Port (steel or ghost)
Pinar village (Grass, but could also turn out to be flying) Use Fly
Esolite city (Electric or ground) You now can use Strength
Lugano Port (Fighting)
Meaden City (Ice) You're able to surf

Storyline continues:
The Gyms
Spoiler:

Legendary plot:
Spoiler:

We could add this:
Spoiler:

Oh, and something to add, different regions means different kinds of the same pokemon, just like in D/P.

Wow, that's quite a lot.
Why was a team necessary again?

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Bumpteedumpteebump.
So, I'm leaving for my holiday today, you all have got another month to think about joining and finishing the work I've done.
Seriously, why is nobody interested?

Preview of the worldmap:

But it will probably be divided in four different maps.

DihoRoutesWIP.png

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Read all of the above. Interested? Sign up!

Years
I'm just going to hijack this thread temporarily to show how the region splitting will work. As it's so large, it'll be divided into four sections. This isn't the best diagram to show that, but it's the one I have, so there xD

DihoFullColoured.png

If you want to see it without that psychedelic colouring on it, it's below.

DihoFull.png

Clearly, I haven't added any of the features yet, but you can hopefully get a clearer picture of the region as a whole.

EDIT: Well, I've been working on it, and, barring the addition of little markers for the desert and forests, here you go:

DihoFull2.png

In sections here: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/NikNaks93/DihoFull2Sectors.png

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Bump. Lol, I'm getting a nasty feeling that this project is speeding towards failure.
Come on, is seriously nobody interested?
I just need someone who can script to start with. That's everything for now.

And since there seems to be no further interest, I decided to brainstorm a bit:
I think it's nice to make the Professor a girl, just because.

I think I would like fakemon starters, if that turns out to be unsatisfying, I would prefer some edited existing pokemon, instead of usual starters.

An expansion of the usual trainer school. Because this one has got tournaments, once in a while. And, the counts daughter or son (depends on the gender the player is) goes to this school, and will become your rival/friend as the story goes on.

As a way to introduce other pokemon in the region, I came up with a kind of natural disaster in regions like kanto and johto, and, therefore, the reason to introduce new species in our archipelago.

The city at the lake will be called Vertigo city, after U2's song.

I would like the pirates to play a big part in this game. Mostly as a kind of distraction for Team Invictus' plans. So in the beginning, the Prof will be kidnapped by the pirates, and they'll continue doing Invictus' dirty jobs, untill mutiny is commited and you collaborate with the pirates to beat their captain, Ramón. The leader of the mutiny is, of course, the, soon to be, captain Jack.

I would love to do something with tides. Specially in the bay.
And, when thinking about that, I thought of something; maybe we could make some kind of shallow water near the shore, where you can walk through, just like grass, and let wild pokemon appear.

I hate the idea that there are no big amounts of evolution stones, so I thought of a beachcomber who trades junk you find on the beach for evolution stones.

I would like to have a 'zoo', which wants you to catch certain pokemon, just like the newspaperdudes in DPPt.

Cycling Road south of the lake, till Lugano port.

A lot of viewing points, throughout the island.

Different tribes living in the desert. They are, of course, Nomads.

And about the desert, I really want to make that a challenge, if possible:
- You'll need the liquid of a cactus, to keep your energy level high enough. (Otherwise you lose money and are returned to the entrance, or you wake up in a nomad tent.)
- You need to make sure you shelter (in caves, etc.), otherwise your shoes will not sustain the heat anymore, and you're not able to walk anymore.
- The nomads might be in a mood to help you out with drinks and shelter, but in exchange you must beat all the other nomad-tribes.

I'd love seasons ingame, but I guess that's kind off in possible.

And if it ís possible, I would like a script that makes Snorlax blocking a river, then a man comes who wakes him, then he jumps out of the river, altering the map (Now the river is flowing normal again), then the man gives you the flute, so you can battle snorlax, (not being able to leave the map) and after that, the man leaves the map to go home. Now that's a challenge?

O and referring to Niknaks worldmap Idea, is it even possible to make 4 different ingame-items, which all represent a map?

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Yeah..
I think I'll just keep on bumping.
Maybe somebody will notice.
Maybe I'll make the startertown, to convince people to join.

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
I think I can use your skills, specially when we won't do fakemons.
You are accepted.

Damn, that feels good.

And, why not get you busy right away.

First of all, I want a legendary electric pokemon.
It could look like a combination of luxray and suicune.
Colors:
Main color: Dark blue (marine like),
Feet and face: 'Regular' blue,
Electric touch:Yyellow and white.

I would prefer the size of luxray, kind of small and swift.

banner2.png

Here, I made a crappy game banner with a crappy name.
But it's a start. More creative names are for later on.

Last edited:

dante1w

Banned
Years
What position : spriter and have some experince at mapping..oh yeah and overworlds too...
Past experience : i start hacking just 7 months now
Proof of work : i have some backspries, sprites and one overworld think in my profile
Contact information :my add if you want ([email protected]) or just pm me
and something im horrible at speeling so sorry for bad english

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Yea, you're battlesprites are decent.
You're accepted.

dante1w

Banned
Years
okay good to now thank you!!
when you want to from me to make some sprites or some overworlds than say it and what you want so i can make something

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Yea, make me a sprite for the bad guys.
Just a guy and a girl:
base colors: black and white
Red 'I' on the shirts

dante1w

Banned
Years
here are the bad guys you wanted im not sure if you ike them when not im trying to improve them

http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.p...ictureid=46474

and

http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.p...ictureid=46474

but in my opinion the white color isnt so good in the pisc

if you cant see them so go to my gallery there they are too

okay if you want from me to make the sprite for the hero just say it i can try than

.........oh and add me in your thread as your team member as your spriter and overworlder

sorry for bad english

Years
Er... all you've done is change a few colours and filled an RSE or FRLG sprite with black and white. There's no shading whatsoever and it looks pretty bad, if I'm honest.

dante1w

Banned
Years
hey guys sorry but im have to quit coz im losing interest to rom hacking im so or so not very good at all this so i have to quit
sorry maybe when i start again to hack im gonna see this hack finished so bye for now and have fun hacking

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
You are going to quit? That's a bummer. Well nevermind, Hackdeoxys, I'll put you on the team list.
As well as Niknaks, I like the simpleness of that banner, and indeed, that's the size I need, thanks!
Btw, I've got my storyline kicked into Mirage hacking productions, so I'll be able to find someone to do the scripting.
Hell yeah, victory at last.

Back