• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Gamers Unite

Years
What about P4 Arena?! It'll be like Street Fighter, but a thousand times more awesome! And I'm going to enjoy the likely familiarity to the BlazBlue series, considering Arc System Works is involved.

Yeh, that too! :3
I am looking forward more to P4 because... it is P4, then comes Arena! :D​

Oh youre not working in gaming yet though are you? I swear you said you worked in IT though so you could already be there. Do you make indie games!? What kind of gamesss????
Also how do you max the clock.. how many hours is that even!

[font="century gothic2]
I work as an IT Technician currently, so that is fixing hardware, software, programming too but not games programming, small scripts and such.

Anyway, it would be considered indie games yes. I am just playing around with different methods really, much like The Unfinished Swan and such.

Ooooo, just thought of a thing for the first post. Go check it soon!

and it is 999.99[/font]​

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Trailer of the Week, thats pretty cool
You cant just fanboy and PS3 games only though!! xD
That game looks interesting but I dont really understand what it is about... at all..

You should share you games with us Capt.!

Wow so 1000 hours + What did you even do to get that much play time on a single file!?!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Wow. Surprised I never came across such an awesome club before today. Joining for sure! <3;

Username: Derozio
Current Console of Choice: PC. I don't own a console. :(
Favourite Game: Probably Devil May Cry 3. Portal 2, MGS 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 probably come very close to it as far as being my fave games goes. :D
Mario or Luigi? Either. Guess Mario over Luigi since I've been playing as him whenever I played any of those 2d platforming games. :P

Will post more later when I'm back from class. That is, almost after four hours from when this post is 'stuck' to this thread.

Years
Trailer of the Week, thats pretty cool
You cant just fanboy and PS3 games only though!! xD
That game looks interesting but I dont really understand what it is about... at all..

You should share you games with us Capt.!

Wow so 1000 hours + What did you even do to get that much play time on a single file!?!

HAHAHAHA! I won't don't worry, it is just that this trailer is my favourite currently. :3

and I will share some when I feel they are a little more polished.​

Wow. Surprised I never came across such an awesome club before today. Joining for sure! <3;

Derozio!!!!! Glad you could find it! I set it up not too long ago, so I shall let you off! :P​

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome Newbies! (see what I did there ;))

Capt. Seriously what is that game about I have no clue? Do you shoot paint to reveal stuff or...? Am I completely lost?

KINGDOM HEARTS RESPECCCTTTTT /brofist drakow

Last edited:
Years
From what I can tell, because it doesn't even have a release date yet, you are in a white world and you need to throw ink around to find your way.
It just looks really fun! :D​

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Well yeah, you're right, Fabio. Seems like it:

by the official video uploader on Youtube said:
Enter the surreal world of The Unfinished Swan and explore a mysterious, hidden kingdom. Your journey will be led by a runaway swan who guides you through strange levels filled with bizarre creatures. Discover the land through innovative new game mechanics such as splatting paint on a white surface to uncover your surroundings. Each level will bring new twists, challenges, and puzzles until you eventually come face-to-face with the eccentric King that built this realm.

Most fulfilling gaming experience?

Assassin's Creed 2. Yeah, hacking and slashing up demonic buttheads while being in control of a badass, half-human, half-demon hybird is fun, but it can't match the sense of fulfillment that I achieve by being a badass assassin and killing people stealthily while being so darn stylish. Plus, that game had a really engrossing storyline, awesome characters, nice voice cast and really good graphics to boot. The overall experience was just amazing. Even though the game was kinda easy, but yeah.

Your most crowning gaming achievement, online or offline.

Offline: That, to me, has to be this:

Spoiler:

Seriously, even getting till the last mission in 'Very Hard' mode in DMC3SE is no piece of cake. Doesn't bear that name for nothing, y'know. I'm proud of it, regardless of the fact that there are people (quite a lot, actually) who have beaten the game in the hardest difficulty (Dante Must Die: Where enemies take almost 15-20 hits before they go down and bosses are insanely powerful) and I'm still probably a newbie at this game even after playing it for such a long time. :D

Online: Naah, never played an online game.

Are any of you guys interested in making games yourself?

I definitely am. Wanna choose scripting in video games as my career. Not really all that knowledgeable about it since all I know right now is a bit of C++ and nothing else. But yeah, I'm ready to work really hard on it. As for ideas and coming up with original stuff, I do come up with 'em every once in a while. But I don't think I've ever thought of anything as different as the 'unfinished swan'. :O

QuilavaKing said:
I've even gotten inspiration from the shape of some puddles left over after a shower once, and then built an entire game with plot/lore/etc all around it in the few seconds I was looking at it. I guess I just have a really overactive imagination though... once I see something that makes me think about some new game world, I imagine myself as being a character in that world, and start doing things, as if I were playing the game in my head. All of my game ideas (I have dozens at this point. lol) start like that. Always seems to start with thinking about the world, then putting myself in as the main character, and then building a plot for myself so I don't get bored in my little fantasy. lol
You, my friend, are quite awesome. <3;

So anyone here heard of or use RPG Maker?

Well, I've been thinking of using it to create an RPG too but...I guess I don't really know how. I'm sure I'll be able to learn it pretty fast but the fact that I don't really have a clear picture as far as the lore and the characters of the RPG are concerned doesn't help. So I've just put "Learning and Creating games using RPG maker and similar programs" on hold for now. :)

What is your longest in game playing time?

I don't really know. I think it has to be Pokemon with a few hundred hours in it. Apart from that, I guess Devil May Cry 3. 50+ hours on that. Mass Effect series and Deus Ex Human Revolution closely follow with almost 40 hours on 'em.

Years
I haven't really used RPG maker, because I feel it is a bit cheap from what I want to do.

I have installed Visual Studio '10 and XNA onto my work machine, since I put a graphics card in it today so I can support duel screens and such. The last one fizzled and died so had to put up with one screen for a bit. So, I am going to be working on a couple of things. Won't be games now, more AI simulations I think. Going to try out some different methods and which might be the best for a couple of situations I have in mind.

Edit:

Oh and using C# for the moment, if anyone was that interested! XD​

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
So many KH fans. If I could I'd take you all out to dinner at Olive Garden for being so darn awesome!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The most time I've ever spent in one game would have to be the PS1 game Harvest Moon: Back to Nature. For those of you who are not familiar with the Harvest Moon franchise, it's basically just a cute farming simulation game where you move to a town and start a farm, and live your life in the little village where your farm is located. So you grow crops and get livestock, all the while wooing a lady of your choice, getting married and having kids.

It sounds boring, but it's like The Sims in that while it sounds boring on paper, even the smallest achievements send you into fits of joy and before you know it the whole day is gone and you've spent nine hours playing repetitive days on a farm, utterly enthralled XD.

I think part of its charm is that it's just so charming and benign and it's light happy fun where you don't shoot anybody or thump seven kinds of crap out of each other :P. Anyway I got into the franchise when it was on SNES and I've bought every incarnation since, but the highlight was definitely the PS1 game. After that it all began to change too much, and I've really begun to dislike the newer games because they're becoming more and more removed from what the games are meant to be as they try to 'change up' the formula.

This was a major tl;dr but basically the moral of the story is I got the game on the first day of a school holiday, and I spent the entire two week vacation from like 7am to 6:30pm just glued to the TV screen. I didn't go out once in two weeks. SO ADDICTIVE. That has to be the most time I've ever spent on one game.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Great, a video games club ! I'd like to join.

Username: Mentalii
Current Console of Choice:
Nintendo DS
Favourite Game:
Well, of course all the Pokémon games, but except them, I liked a lot SSBB (and ironically I'm not really good at this game, but I don't mind, I love to play it nevertheless)
Mario or Luigi? Luigi ... I think it's a more interesting character than Mario.

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I'll add a couple more games to the discussion. First of all, Overgrowth anyone? A nice indie game based on an old one, Lugaru, where you're running around as a karate-master anthropomorphic rabbit. It's only in its alpha stages right now, but it's very fun.

Then there's a game called Closure that was released recently (well, it's actually based on a flash game of the same name on Newgrounds), the concept being that only what you see exists. If you shine a light on a nearby wall, you'll be able to get stopped by it; conversely, if there's only light on either side of it, you can jump through the wall and land on the other side. If you venture past the safety of the shine of light without somewhere to land, you fall to your death.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Whos everyone's fav LPer? I love Hank Green. The guy may fail at some games but he is funny as hell

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
Mine is either NintendoCapriSun or chuggaaconroy, I barely watch LP's but when I do it's theirs. :3

Joshawott

Banned
Years
My favourite Let's Player is NintendoCapriSun. I love how frequently he goes off topic and I love his toilet humour. Lately I've taken quite a liking to JoshJepson and SuperJeenius, though.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
ME! Definitely Batman9502. If you've never heard of him, he is incredible. Go watch is paper mario lps NAO!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Torn closure sounds like a really really interesting game to play! Might have to have a look at it.

Has anyone played Fez? It looks like a super interesting game. Its a puzzle platformer where everything is dependent on your perspective in the game which makes it really cool. Im not sure how to describe it but you should check it out!

As for my favourite LP it would have to be...
The guys from achievement hunter, I know they don't always technically do a full game LP but they are so so hilarious and the saints row 3 LP was fantastic! As well as the ones they've been doing in assassins creed and trails evo. You should all check them out! xD

@Shining
Harvest moon made me want to die on DS. I wanted to play it and see what it was like so much but it never saved on my emulator and just frustrated the hell out of me!

Back