• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your partner

Years
My Swoobat. Or really, Swoobats. I've got one in Black and one in White. I hadn't originally planned to use the same 'mon in both games, but I just found myself grabbing a Woobat so I could teach it Fly and then... hanging on to them. Even when I could pick a stronger flyer I stuck with them because by then I was used to having them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My Lilligant is flawless and amazing and her name is SeedB. She beat half of Alder's team the first time I fought him and yeah. :) I love all my Petilil and Lilligant though. <3 And I love my Victini! :) Its name is Kaori!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I can't really say I had a Partner....If I had to choose it be both my Samurott, Daisuke and my Braviary, Maxim.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
BoomNana the Archeops ♂. I had upon some whim the notion to call my newly-revived Archen 'Exploding Banana' but of course that wouldn't fit; a friend suggested 'BoomNana' as a truncation. Besides the eccentrically memorable name, he performed an impressive a feat of luck in ploughing through three of N's monsters (by the ferris wheel in Nimbasa) while confused by Sigilyph's Psybeam. Over the course of the game he has matured into my go-to powerhouse. I've always used Flying types in abundance, and unless Farfetch'd gets a cool evolution in the years to come, BoomNana is likely to remain one of my MVPs.

Years
sceptile.gif

Gex (Sceptile) (m)
Trait: Overgrow
EV's: Scattered
Nature: Naughty
- Leaf Blade
- False Swipe
- Aerial Ace
- Dragon Claw

And look who just hatched!
treecko.gif

Gex Jr. (Treecko) (m)
Trait: Overgrow
EV's 0/4 Hp 0/252 SpA 0/252 Spe
IV's: 18 18 24 31 31 6
Nature: Timid
- Pound
- Leer
- Leech Seed
-

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
On my first playthrough, I had a weakness for my Sawsbuck and Beartic. Together they were just damn.

Going to use another Sawsbuck when I playthrough White 2 Version, too.

Right now though, my Cinccino is my precious ;; I bred her with Aqua Tail and Iron Tail, she's Adamant, and is really useful because she knows Sing, too.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Having thought about the partner thing, I guess I purposely hunted down a Ducklett to teach both Fly and Surf (it also knows Dive, which I'm debating having forgotten with the ruins explored and teaching another move instead). Given the great possible usefulness out of both moves while wandering around (Fly in particular, I'm like a Mexican jumping bean nowadays in Unova), that now-Swanna has become my virtual partner, only going into my PC briefly during periods I'm doing breeding and coming right back out when I'm done.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
With my team I'm always switching and changing, I suppose I could say that I've stuck with Vanilluxe for a long time, not to mention it's probably my favorite Pokemon introduced in Gen V. Currently at Level 84 I really think that would be my partner Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
I really love my Serperior, Cherry, but my absolute favorite is my Beeheeyem, Fillmore. I just fell in love with him when I saw him at Celestial Tower. Elgyem are so cute... <3

Years
My Haxorus would probably be my choice. I remember once I got Surf, I just figured I'd go to some places I'd seen that I couldn't access before getting Surf. So I went to that cave that, I think, has Cobalion in it (I don't even know, but it has Axew there too). I caught an Axew thinking it looked pretty cool, and even though it was very far behind, by the time I got to the League he was up there, nearly surpassing all my other team members. And it really just kicked ass through the League, becoming a Haxorus just before battling Ghetsis. So I love it. :3

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
My partner(s) would have to be my Emboar, Chase. Ever since I picked it as a baby Tepig, it's been there for me. I've never let it leave my party. It's won so many battles with its Heat Crash move. I also treasure my Reshiram. I don't battle with it much, but when I do, look out NPCs! It's quite a powerhouse. Its Dragon Tail attack is amazing! If I am correct, it's level 80, and Chase is level 85.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Although I haven't earned the 8 gym badges yet, my awesome Gigalith seems to have grown on me :3. Honestly, before this huge powerhouse came along, I thought Rock types were weak. That anything could outspeed them and OHKO them. But I was clearly shown wrong by Sharktooth,my Gigalith!

It's an awesome physicial attacker and seems to have grown my liking. It's actually about the only Rock type I've ever used and enjoyed :P. Another of my beloved partners is my starter, which is currently a little Lv.33 Servine.

Since the beginning, he's been a beast! Saving me at last moments in gym leader fights, being a great help when training the rest of my team. Lief I love you <3!!! All my other Pokemon I love, but seriously these two guys are the best xD.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
While I didn't mind one reply, three is going a little too far and if you guys could return to just discussion of your own partner and not the nickname of someone else's that would be wonderful n_n

Still finding the other posts awesome so far, though :)

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
During my playthrough, I'd say my best 'partners' were my Samurott, Alfred, and my Krookodile, Jackie. I remember I caught Jackie while I was playing on the bus during a band trip. Sandile appeared in the desert, and for some reason my first thought was, "Oh, look, it's Jackie." ..so I caught her.

As far as my other Pokemon, my best partner will always be Volt the Manectric.

Back