• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team Rocket

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
team-rocket-pokemon.gif

With the introduction of the Hoenn region came new crime syndicates, Team Aqua and Magma. What if Game Freak had kept Team Rocket as Hoenn's evil organisation instead of Team Aqua/Magma. What Pokémon would the grunts and executives use? Where would they try and take over? Would you have preferred it if Team Rocket stayed as the main evil team?

...Discuss!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think the games would have had less charm. One thing I am sure was liked about RS was that there was a different evil team depending on your version, and prior to RS, the only version exclusive things were just certain Pokemon, and this was an altered plot, which was nice. Having the evil team being Team Rocket in both RS would have lost some charm I think and they'd just be...very, very different. I can't imagine them without Team Aqua and Magma.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I think it could've gone either way with Team Rocket. In Hoenn especially I didn't particularly care for Aqua and Magma, yet with Rocket it would've gotten stale pretty quickly. Same goes for Sinnoh.

The problem I think is if you're gonna keep making new evil groups you have to keep coming up with innovative goals for those groups, and if you end up with "taking over" you might as well just put Rocket in the game. As for Pokemon, I feel like there are those Pokemon like Zubat and the random others that are just grunt Pokemon. ;P

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
To me, considering Team Rocket is the weakest of the evil team, that would be too redundant. It didn't hold any flare in Gold and Silver, so why would it hold a flare in Ruby and Sapphire.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Magma and Aqua held a better storyline with Groudon and Kyogre. I also loved how they each thought they were doing a good thing to help Pokemon, giving more place for them to live, not thinking they were doing anything bad.

Team Rocket would've probably been the same old thing, wanting to capture the weather trio to control the world. But anyways, Team Rocket's region is Kanto & Johto, what the hell would they be doing in Hoenn anyways? It's not their turf.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I think Team Rocket in Hoenn could go either way, depending on how it was handled. Though Team Aqua/Magma fit better altogether. If Team Rocket were to appear, I think they would've attacked pretty much the same places as the other two, especially the Mosdeep Space Centre (Team Rocket xD). I think that other than the usual Pokémon, they would use the Cacturne, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Swalot and Mightyena lines.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say they could have worked out in Hoenn. They got kicked out of Johto and Kanto, so the next logical step would be to go to another region and start over. Which legend they go after depends on your version.

They probably would have used the same lines as magma and aqua. However, the charm would have been gone- I liked having different villains who actually thought they were doing good and not dooming the entire human race.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say they could have worked out in Hoenn. They got kicked out of Johto and Kanto, so the next logical step would be to go to another region and start over. Which legend they go after depends on your version.

They probably would have used the same lines as magma and aqua. However, the charm would have been gone- I liked having different villains who actually thought they were doing good and not dooming the entire human race.

I think in Ruby/Sapphire they would of worked good along side Aqua/Magma, but in terms of Emerald..... no I don't think they would of had any logic to be in there.

Back