• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2009
Can someone please help me..

When I try to play the SoulSilver rom on No$gba all that happens is a blue screen with Jappaneese words at the top. There is no title screen, no nothing... just a blue screen with Jappaneese words on the top screen.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Years
Can someone please help me..

When I try to play the SoulSilver rom on No$gba all that happens is a blue screen with Jappaneese words at the top. There is no title screen, no nothing... just a blue screen with Jappaneese words on the top screen.

Any help would be appreciated :)

I think you need to change the Emulation Setup then the NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to FLASH 512. Oh and thanks to everyone who posted Saving issues and that you have to turn the ROM off directly after saving. I had no idea you had to do that, and lost my game every time! Thanks so much!

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
Whenever I start up SS, the screens go black and when I try to do anything Nocash freezes up. Any ideas?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Pokemon Soul Silver: I give up with trying to get it to keep a saved state. I just brought the japanese game card for my game system.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
How do I save my game? When I save it just freezes...Please help?

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
i found this code on another website forgot which one though.
it bypass black screen though and i haven't glitched with it yet, and the person said it doesn't happen often.

it said to but RAW if your using No$gba it's and action replay
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

ShadowInfernape

Fire's Revenge
Years
  • NZ
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Whenever I start up SS, the screens go black and when I try to do anything Nocash freezes up. Any ideas?

How do I save my game? When I save it just freezes...Please help?

First up, ThatGuy, check the first page, they have dealed with that problem,

Secondly, Variety, I had the same problem, however it turned out just to be the ROM. I got a new one of the net and now my saves work fine. Just remember, after you save, close straight away and reopen your ROM.

Hope this helps!

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
Alright, I'm having crashing issues.
I've just beaten whitney (I've had no problems prior to this).
Now, when I try to use a Super Potion, then save, the game comes up with "The rom image has crashed".
The funny thing is that this only happens after using a Super Potion, and it hasn't happened prior to this.

I'm playing on No$GBA, Using the English Patch by KazoWAR.

humanking

Old School Fan
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2010
same here, i decided that i wouldn't emulate it until there's a version that totally doesn't crash and freeze, i'm tired of struggling to play the game

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
okay i think that the prblem is that whenever u save successfully turn ur emulator off so that the file saves bcoz the save will not be saved until u turn off the emu

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
okay i think that the prblem is that whenever u save successfully turn ur emulator off so that the file saves bcoz the save will not be saved until u turn off the emu

That's the problem in itself.
We can't freaking close the emulator BECAUSE it's crashing when we save.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
When I start HG a blue screen with a small white screen with Jap. writing . Thi is in No$Gba 2.6
On NdesMume , it makes a black screen and ... nuffin' !
Any help ?

Years
Is there any way to play HG/SS on an emulator with a bigger screen? I wish Nintendo would make it so you could somehow
disable the 2nd screen if you didn't want to use it. At least emulation wise, I prefer to have just one big screen like in VBA.

Years
Hmmm...well, HG/SS doesn't seem to load in NO$Zoomer for me. =/

Edit: Nevermind, I got it to work...thanks! :)

Last edited:

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I have a little question, I know that I can't use GBA Slot in No$Gba if I start my rom as usually, but can I use it somehow by opening the game with DS menu (because it has GBA Slot thing there). I think that it's impossible but if there's a way, can you tell me? Sorry, this is not just for HG/SS.

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
Years
hi, i am experiencing some problems too, ok what i know by now, if you arent using no$gba 2.6a, they will spot the piracy and you will only have a blue screen with japanese letters, then, if you start, and have the black screen, then or use the download on first post or use the cheat ( wich i use ), next when it freezes, you will normally start back from where you saved last, when it says " the rom image has crashed " you start back from when you saved and closed the emu, then when you catch a scyther in the bug catching contest, it will allways say " the rom image has crashed " right before you go to look who won ( when it is black screen ) or right after you won, then, the closer you come to ecruteack city, the more "the rom image has crashed " right after saving happens, and from the moment you are in ecruteack and you have talked to bill and got the key item from the man in the house left from the pokecenter, it allways crashed right after saving, wich means you can't save in ecruteack city, that's what happenend with me till now ... i hope there will be some fixes for this soon :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
Anybody help? I try to save in NO$GBA everytime playing HGSS... and it says rom image crash. I can't find any fix for this, if anybody knows the solution, PLEASE tell me.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
While I was playing SS, I got into a battle and it just froze, and stood there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back