• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Is This? I Don't Even.........

Years

Team At A Glance

Spr_b_5b_598.png
Spr_b_5b_479W.png
Spr_b_5b_473_m.png
Spr_b_5b_534.png
Spr_b_5b_381.png
Spr_b_5b_385.png

In-Depth Look

ferrothorn_by_ssbfanboy42-d3hxopb.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Standard Ferrothorn set is Standard. Spikes really helps Conkeldurr take things down later in the game, and just helps wear things down. Currently takes Grass moves aimed at Swampert, Switches in on things it resists, which there are a lot of and starts Spiking.

RotomWashFormXousFINAL.png

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Skarmory can pretty much set spikes up on my team, Rotom-W stops that from happening. Will-O-Wisp stops stuff like Scizor dead in their tracks. Pain Split for healing, even if it is kind of really ineffective.

mamoswine_kids.jpg

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Spear

Thick Fat Mamo is nice. Lowers the damage it takes from Fire Attacks, which is nice. Everything else is standard really. Icicle Spear breaks sub's and can kill things that are weak, but Ice Shard wouldn't. I needed somewhere to put SR now that useless Swampert is gone[finally]. So it Replaced Stone Edge since really, Icicle Spear hits the same things.

tumblr_li4oewjOqz1qhxufho1_500.png

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

The star of the show. When I was trying to figure out what to build the team around, I decided to use this thing since I haven't used him before. And I like it. Has enough Bulk to live through a Rotom-W Hydro Pump, takes any obvious Will-O-Wisps that are coming in from Jellicents, etc, etc, etc. Even though this is the star of the team, and I built the team around him, he helps out in other ways other than just being a bulky sweeper who heals himself with Drain Punch and stuff.

Latios_flying_over_coast_PNG_248306_RolRJ.png

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Surf

I'm surprised more people don't use Scarf Latios. I needed speed on this team to revenge things and to take out stuff that got it's speed boosted that Durr and Mamo couldn't kill with their respective Priority Moves. Also makes a WONDERFUL Specs Ltios counter, since you know you will outspeed and KO with Draco Meteor no matter what. Psyshock so it isn't easily walled by Blissey, doing around 45% from the battles I've been in with Blissey, so a 2 hit kill with prior damage or 2 turn switching into SR.

jirachi.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head

I am not surprised so many people use this. It is one of the incredibly few things that walls Specs Latios, outside of my Scarf Latios :) Comes in on predicted Draco Meteors/Surf/HP Fire too if I'm at high enough HP. Pretty self-explanatory really.

Conclusion

Basically, the team isn't bad, it just needs some tuning up. I could use something over Swampert that does the same job, but actually fits in with the rest of the team. That's really the main thing that I notice off the bat about the team that I know I need to change. So, have it ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
It's criminal that this thread doesn't have any rates yet :( I can safely say it's a pretty good team at a glance.

Seeing as how most of your team is grounded, I'd say to watch out for Spike stacking teams especially from with likes of Skarmory or Forretress. They can come in all day against Swampert, Jirachi, and Ferrothorn and spam entry hazards. I'd say that this team would be a tad better with Rotom-W over Swampert. This gives you a powerful special attacker that can deal with almost every rain teams in tandem with Ferrothorn. It also gets a free switch everytime Skarmory comes in so you can WoW their switch or gain momentum with Volt Switch. Stealth Rocks can then be put on Mamoswine over Stone Edge so stuff like Volcarona can't take a dump on this team.

Overall, I'd watch out for fast 'mons with a stong spammable attack like Scarf Terrakion since Latios can only take so many Close Combats. SubDisable Gengar also looks annoying as hell :/ Fire Punch over Protect (why don't more people do this??) can allow you to wall and dispose of it with Jirachi. It also works as a suprise factor for Scizor or Ferrothorn expecting standard annoying-bastard-Rachi

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I agree with everything that flamehaze said (though I still prefer to run Protect >> Fire Punch on Rachi, especially since I mostly use it with Rain :x). Then again, I'd probably suggest it because I honestly see a huge Scizor weak on this team, especially once Conkeldurr goes down. It can come in and scare off Mamoswine or Ferrothorn (or if you stay in with Ferrothorn, it'll just set up all over you) and then proceed to pick apart the rest of your team with +2 (or +4, even) Bug Bite and Bullet Punch. It's another reason why I'd recommend trying Rotom-W >> Swampert and sliding rocks somewhere else (maybe you could try a lead Mamo?).

I'm too lazy to think of anything else (and flamehaze hit a lot of it) so when you post about changes and stuff I'll give it another shot.

Back