• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
I wanna join! i dont have any shiny yet but I am going for shiny bulbasaur right now. Just started collecting shinies :D

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
İ'm not really on a hunt but i've got this feeling that im gonna get a random shiny sometime this week. İ'm EV training in hp for my shiny bayleef already murdered 102 hoothoots. Hes level 25 alredy and i havent even got the first gym badge :(

Anyway wish me luck with the hoothoots it would be real cool to have a double shiny run :P

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hello everyone, I see you are having good hunts, congrats on all your catches.

I have news and at the same time I don't have. I'll tell more when the time is right.

Welcome to all new members and hope you enjoy the club.

Cya and happy hunting.

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Already up to 500 or so SR's (I lost exact count) and no shiny Snivy. SRing on White takes SO LONG. :/

Well, in other news, I decided to take a break with the White version, so I'm on Emerald looking for a shiny of any starter. No luck so far. Do you know if the sprite will be shiny in the bag, like in HG/SS?

Years
Already up to 500 or so SR's (I lost exact count) and no shiny Snivy. SRing on White takes SO LONG. :/

Well, in other news, I decided to take a break with the White version, so I'm on Emerald looking for a shiny of any starter. No luck so far. Do you know if the sprite will be shiny in the bag, like in HG/SS?

I bet it does. Good headway thoguh ;)

Emerald has broken RNG (random number generator) by the way. Generally people don't hunt on Emerald because sometimes on certain files it's possible that you will literally never find a shiny by SR, and RE & SR shinies can be RNG clones, which makes them less than legit. D:
But, no, you can't see them in the bag, you have to send them into battle. Good luck with that hunt too - and no uncatchable shiny Zigzagoons!

Thanks Arceus - good luck with your hunts!
And Chr, that sounds very ominous. Good luck to you too! xD

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Emerald has broken RNG (random number generator) by the way. Generally people don't hunt on Emerald because sometimes on certain files it's possible that you will literally never find a shiny by SR, and RE & SR shinies can be RNG clones, which makes them less than legit. D:

WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE THINGS BEFORE I START SRING? *HYPERVENTILATION*
LOL, JK.

Yeah, I should probably switch to my Ruby then. Thanks for letting me know. :)

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years

Yeah, I should probably switch to my Ruby then. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Yo i think you should check if your Rubys internal battery is dead first. Cause mine died about 3 months ago and i was still SR'ing for weeks like an idiot haha :D

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Yo i think you should check if your Rubys internal battery is dead first. Cause mine died about 3 months ago and i was still SR'ing for weeks like an idiot haha :D

... It's not dead!
Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! :D

NAOW I SEARCH FOR SHINY

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Path of the Dragon!!

I still haven't finished making a team yet, but I've been reinvigorated in my quest for shinies. I've only gotten one this whole year!! That's more than 8 months!!

*turns shiny hunting mode from Lax to G-Money Mad Hunting Level Delta*

I was thinking of what I should hunt, and I thought, why not hunt for my favorite shinies? This had never occurred to me before, "lol."

Rayquaza is far and away my favorite shiny: not only does its shiny form look incredible, but it's also a really awesome Pokemon overall. It's not accessible for me right now, though, as I'm still in Professor Elm's lab in HG, "lol." Seeing as I already have shiny Totodile, my path to Rayquaza will be:

Shiny Cyndaquil -> Shiny Chikorita -> Shiny Ho-oh -> Shiny Groudon/Kyogre -> Shiny Kyogre/Groudon -> Shiny Rayquaza!!

I have a lot of work to do to get there, but it'll definitely be worth it and I'll get a heap of the best shinies around on my way. I'm up to 495 Johto starters so far, and Cynaquil and Chikorita are both among my 5 favorite Pokemon.

My second path will be continuing along the Path of the Ghost, as Misdreavus is one of my favorites as well. Going by Axiom 22 I'll hunt it in Pearl (20% in the Lost Tower at night) along with Gastly, but I need to get the starters first before I can get there. :cer_laugh:

I'll also be going for Eevee in FR so I can get the legendaries/TMs and restart FR to SR for Squirtle and Charmander. That's a totally different path, "lol."

Spoiler:

P. S. Is the multiquote not working for anyone else? I had to individually quote each message in a new tab and copy/paste them into one post. :/

EDIT: 888 Johto starters!

Last edited:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Hey guys, i've been online but not hunting, and i visit this thread every (second?) day, so i know whats been going and all, so i haven't been hunting because i've no targets... i'm thinking that i'll go Groudon on my AWESOME SS file (SHINY HO-OH in 55 SR's!) i'm rather talented at chaining, but thats way too easy. Anyway, congrats to everyone on their shinies!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-08-07165821.jpg

i figured i may as well post this. I found this little guy a few days ago while in that new chat with G, Arceus Whisper and TSE. I was searching for the space cow and bull, but this guy showed up first. im still searching here for them, and HOPEFULLY i dont get a third Meowth or another Raticate or Farfetch'd (as i have those two already). i wouldnt mind another Magnemite, and definitely wouldnt mind a Snubbull.

more people need to come and chat, so here's the link http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub?p=6

i will post, probably in spoilers, the stats of this Meowth and the Staravia when i can

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Finally, after three days of chain breeding, I've got some suitable parents for my Larvitar breeding. Just so you guys have an idea of what I'm working with....

Papa Larvitar: 31/31/x/x/31/x, knows Curse, Rock Slide, Pursuit, and Crunch
Mama Larvitar: 31/31/31/x/31/x knows Rock Slide, Crunch, Earthquake, and Stone Edge and holding the Power Def EV Item

My rationale behind using the Power Def EV Item is this: Mama and Papa Larvitar both have flawless HP, Attack, and Special Defense already. The chances are that the offspring Larvitar will inherit Attack, HP, or Special Defense from one of them...using the Power Def EV Item ensures that I get the maximum number of 31s possible. Also, no Everstone on either parent because neither of them have good natures. I can't be bothered to go to all THAT trouble.

Wish me luck you guys.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
i think i'll join this club. i've never really shiny hunted before and i only have one shiny. it's the gyarados you catch in HG but i dont really count that. i'm going to start hunting for a shiny vulpix in pokemon black. wish me luck.

Years
Gee, I reckoned it was about time to catch up with welcome's and congratulations that I've yet to offer. Guess this means a G-Money sized post is coming... :P

Spoiler:

My hunts:

Treecko: 8971 SRs
Lugia: 295 SRs

Haven't done much on either of them for the past few days, as I've been working on a drawing. Possibly 5 hours in it so far ^_^ I'm also thinking about buying a Sapphire and a second SP to help with Treecko, but I'm not sure.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Sorry TSE but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the whole Cute Charm thing. I was talking to some guys at Smogon who dedicate their existence to understanding the RNG and they said it won't hurt and in some cases it can get the shiny odds up to at most 1/32, because it pins certain values of the PID removing some of the variables that go into deciding things such as Gender, Nature, IV's and Shininess. Note that to get enhanced shiny odds with a cute charmer you need one of the several combinations of TID/SID (This is an over simplified explanation, they took about an hour telling me all about their RNG research they've been doing for months)
Anyway...
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 3863 REs
Dialga - 1500 SRs
Unown - 3863 REs
Fossils - 400 revived

Years
Sorry TSE but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the whole Cute Charm thing. I was talking to some guys at Smogon who dedicate their existence to understanding the RNG and they said it won't hurt and in some cases it can get the shiny odds up to at most 1/32, because it pins certain values of the PID removing some of the variables that go into deciding things such as Gender, Nature, IV's and Shininess. Note that to get enhanced shiny odds with a cute charmer you need one of the several combinations of TID/SID (This is an over simplified explanation, they took about an hour telling me all about their RNG research they've been doing for months)
Huh?? i have no idea what you guys are talking about, anywho i havent been really shiny hunting that much, infact not really doing much of anything, but any way i just wanted to make a post to mention im going on week long trip were we will drive pretty much the whole time so i have a week worth of shiny hunting a head of me, sadly i will probably have to RE because ally my jap pokes are in white which wont work but still i might return with good news-LucarioGuild Out...

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny, Ho-oh, TSE!

Congrats on the shiny Meowth, Keruso!

Welcome to the club, ShinyAlex and Element0!

I'm sorry to hear about your Emerald, DarkBreloom.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

I'm MMing Elgyem now, along with Litwick and the Nidorans.

Random.org is gone, so I will be discontinuing the random hunt of the week.

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
Well, shiny Snivy hunt is over at i don't know how many Sr's (I got tired of counting, but it's above 1000.)

And no, I did not get a shiny Snivy.

I guess I accidentally clicked Tepig without noticing, so when I battled Bianca there was a shiny Tepig. At first I was mad it wasn't a Snivy, but oh well. At least I got a shiny. :)

I'm so freaking happy I don't have to SR on that hellish game anymore. So annoying!

The tepig is Bold; not very good, but I'm sure it could be worse. Anyways, I really don't care; my first SR'd shiny, so hurrah!

I'm hoping to MM for Cubone after I beat the game.

Back