• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you eat meat?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I adore meat and I don't think that'll change haha. Whilst I don't like the thought of killing animals, I do appreciate that it's how the world works and that it's a more convenient way of living. As long as animals aren't being hunted to extinction I have no problem with meat being farmed but I do prefer to buy meat kept in better conditions. Partly for the welfare of the animals, but also a lot for the better texture and taste haha.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Yes :D I don't think I could live as a vegetarian, I'm not joking. Since I've got Asperger's syndrome, the sensory issues make fruits and vegetables as a whole pretty gross to me, haha.

Years
Yes, I do enjoy eating meat, and I have never considered becoming a vegetarian. My favorite is cow meat (either hamburger meat or steak), over pig. But I do like pork, so don't get me wrong! And I also enjoy all types of poultry as well.

Years
I love me some meat. I have never actually had meat that didn't like. (why does everything I type just sound so wrong :/ )

Fish, Pork, chicken, duck, turkey, steak, tuna (not canned), venison, lamb, lobster, crab, shrimp....I am getting hungry now.

I primarily eat meat, vegetable, and fruit.

One thing that irritates me is when vegan/vegetarians berate omnivores, and conversely, when omnivores castigate vegetarian/vegans.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Oh god, I love meat. Especially barbecue chicken, when it's marinated with honey. So sweet, and succulent, so nice and greasy to your fingers when you tear the flesh right off the bone and chew on it, letting the taste seep into your taste buds and explode into a plethora of flavours that tickle your tongue, prompting you to hold it there for the warm and tender embrace just a while longer before it tells you to swallow, deeply, sensually, right into your stomach where it can bubble into your stomach acids and fill you up in all of its glory.

Too bad I am a vegetarian now.

Not like it matters, because Gado Gado tastes much better anyway. *looks longingly and drools at food in the distance* No...I am steadfast by my principles. I understand we're all meant to be omnivores, and I understand I pay a slight price in health, possibly, though there's far more effective ways to bring down my life expectancy if I wanted to. I think it's worth the slight sacrifice to make what feels, to me, to be the right decision. I care too much about animals to keep a clear conscience when eating meat. I make sure to supplement my diet to the best of my extent. I eat plenty of nuts and beans and such, and soy pretty much already packs half the nutrients you'd otherwise be missing.

Of course, it's not a replacement to the real thing, which is why I don't really proselytise one way or the other, but if in vitro meat kicks off, that'd be pretty rad.

One thing that irritates me is when vegan/vegetarians berate omnivores, and conversely, when omnivores castigate vegetarian/vegans.
And this is why I love you. :3

Years
I love meat. I love eating meat. I love the idea of eating me. Maybe I have suppressed, violent, predatory tendencies, but I relish at the idea of consuming what had once being a living being. Just biting into flesh gives a subconscious, ancient sense of satisfaction through domination :P

droomph

weeb
Years
I try to reduce my meat intake for the environment, but I haven't the effort to avoid meat entirely. I'll enjoy a chicken wing now and then but no "carnivore" mindset a lot of non-vegetarians have.÷

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
yes i eat meat because if i was a dinosaur i would choose to be

Tyrannosaurus_rex8.jpg

Rooooooddy!!! <333

Years
Yup. Eaten meat all my life. I like the taste of it. That's really the only reason I eat it.

These days I don't get much meat in my diet. When I was a kid every dinner had to have a meat with it. No idea why.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't like meat. I don't like the texture of it, and I don't like the taste of it. I ate it for most of my life because that's just how I was raised, and until I had the funds to choose my own diet without being a burden to my family, I continued to eat it. I relapsed quite a few times just because of how easily accessible it is to eat, and how the world as a whole seems to be anti-vegetarian when it comes to choice of foods in most places, especially fast food. But actually, if you take the time and do the research, it isn't as anti-vegetarian as it seems to be. Even fast food restaurants tend to have options for vegetarians. For instance, I love Taco Bell, and until very recently, I didn't know you could replace the crappy beef with this delicious rice that they serve.

I don't try to press my views on anyone. And strangely, I don't get any slamming comments from meat eaters in my offline life. I get a few from people online, but those don't really concern me these days anymore. I find that I'm a lot more healthier without meat in my diet, but I realize that its an extremely difficult thing for some people to do and I respect their decision when it comes to their own diets. I get all the nutrition that I would if I was a meat eater, without the guilt that came with it for me for having an animal in my stomach.

Years
I ate hot dogs for dinner tonight, but are they actually classified as meat? Meat by-product?

Either way, yes I eat meat, and I can't imagine becoming a vegetarian unless I had to for dietary reasons. I understand all the reasons that people do become vegan/vegetarian, but it tastes good and isn't going to go missing from supermarkets and restaurants any time soon, so I'm just going to keep eating it.

Years
I eat meat. Well, I consume and destroy everything.

That being said, I do have vegetarian meals from time to time and I'm not particularly bound to eating meat either, but it's a part of my balanced diet.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Yup, always have, always will. Hell, the animals dead anyways, might as well put it to use.

Years
I love meat, always have, always will. I've seen what happens to the animals and being chopped up and minced and all of that business, still doesn't change my view point. Because they are given to us to be eaten also, so I'm just helping out the world, haha. ;) (I don't mean that in a disrespectful way btw, just messing around)

Although there is some animal meat I don't really wanna try eating and believe it shouldn't be eaten.. Like dog, or Veil (It just tastes... Just not what I wanna eat) and some others. I just prefer adult cow, lamb, chicken and pork. (It's also normal to eat kangaroo down here in Australia, but I haven't tried it yet, but it's apparently really nice)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
After watching a video about how animals are treated in factories and such, I only eat meat and eggs that are free ranged. I don't eat it at restaurants because I don't know what I'm getting.

Back