• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

It's my birthday! <:)

Years
Do you have anything special that you do on your birthday? Do you have a party? Go out for dinner? Get lots of presents? Make sure someone makes you a birthday thread? Or maybe you just don't care and carry on as normal?

As for me, it depends. If I were with my parents, they'd take me out for dinner. Since I'm not, I'm at my sister's place, and we're going to have a small party. It'll be fun!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMI!

I usually go out with friends on my birthday then meet up with family the day after :3 I usually end up making my own birthday cake too 'cos no one else in my family can cook xD As for birthday threads, I've only had one here so far but I'll be forcing Olli to make them all whether he likes it or not n.n

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMI

I don't do anything special on my birthday. No parties or anything, haha. I'm too lazy for that I guess. I would like to have a surprise party once in my life though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
On birthdays, I choose a restaurant to eat out at and my family goes out to eat in that place on the Sunday before/after the birthday, depending on what day of the week my birthday falls on.

Years
I don't usually do anything special for my birthday. Go out to a restaurant with the family for one day then hang out with my best mate on another. That's the usual deal.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMI

I don't do anything special on my birthday. No parties or anything, haha. I'm too lazy for that I guess. I would like to have a surprise party once in my life though.

Be careful what you wish for, mufufufufu . . .

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Um right...

I don't do anything special for my birthday unless I feel different. Maybe I'll celebrate it very belatedly by getting a driver's license or something but as for a real celebration it's just another day for me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd rather do absolutely nothing on my birthday rather than do something. I mean, it's my day. Though I get the usual phone calls, and parents taking me out to dinner. I'm not much of a party person so that's why lmao.

BY THE WAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETC <3

Last edited:

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I haven't had a birthday party since I was like 7, and I've not done anything special for my birthday in years. It's just a day. I guess it's good enough that I made it another year without dying, right?

Honest

Hi!
Years
I usually don't do much, as in nothing. This year, though, since we moved to a big house, I'm inviting my friends over to par-tay. Should be fun. =D

Happy birthday Sammi! Enjoy the party!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Typically in my home its the same things - family or friends come to visit, large Mexican meal (either Pozole, Menudo, or Birria), cake or pie next, finally presents. Birthday person says final thanks and from there everyone is off to their rooms. My grandma and another family member will help to clean up the mess.

Its great to have fun with family and friends for an hour or two.

This year, I'm not going to expect much on my birthday, I got it early, months early. My birthday is in December but they gave me my present in early August. It was tickets to a football game at CenturyLink Field (Seattle Sounders FC vs Chivas USA) game was on September 8th. I"m going to have to wait until Christmas for gifts.

Just for fun/laughs/superstitious person - next year my birthday will fall on a Friday the 13th, plus the year will end in 13 too. 13 has always been my lucky number

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't do alot on my birthday. My dad usually takes me out to dinner and/or buys/makes me a cake and we eat at home. I haven't had a birthday party in years.

Years
I never really had birthday parties growing up (aside from small family gatherings), but I was never much of a party person so I didn't mind. I never really got more than a few presents growing up, either, with my birthday being so close to Christmas- which was another reason why I didn't have any parties. The only thing that I usually got to do on my birthday is pick what we were having for dinner, whether it be home-made or a restaurant, and maybe have a small cake.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i usually have a party at home but sometimes i just cut a cake and a few of my close friends and their family go for a dinner and a movie. :P :P

Years
My birthday is coming up in more than two weeks now but I don't usually do much on my birthday.

I did eat out at a Chinese restaurant once but that was years ago.

Most of my birthdays are stay-at-home with the obligatory cake but in recent years not-so-much presents.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never really done anything for my birthday either. The only times I've ever had real parties were my 6th, 10th, 12th and 18th. All the other years I've gone out for dinner with my family, or with my friends or with both (at separate times though, I don't mix friends and family when it can be avoided).

I always enjoy my birthdays though, and the parties I have had were really fun. On the whole though, I don't really like a lot of attention being on me (which is why I was mortified when the restaurant I went to last year took it upon themselves to blast the Happy Birthday song from the speakers over the entire restaurant and thereby crossed themselves off the list of viable birthday restaurants from now until the end of time) so I don't really like parties. I also hate when people call me for my birthday and ask me what I got and I have to go through the entire list... I find it really uncomfortable. Thankfully, we talk so so little of my extended family anymore that that isn't really too much of an issue.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
All I want to do on my birthday is go out for a nice dinner. Maybe tie it to something that's happening downtown at the same time, if possible.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've had birthday parties in the past, but I haven't really had one since Senior Year (which was more like my friends staying over at my house for a whole week. Yeah idk how that happened) and I'm not sure if I would want to classify that as an actual party. Usually though it's just a birthday dinner and maaybe getting a present or two. I'm not sure if it was even that last birthday.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
What I prefer to do is have the place to myself for the day while I play something random on the old 360 or Wii until I pass out due to the headache I would end up getting after 14 hours or so of gaming.

Back