• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compliments to the Mods

Sirfetch’d

This is a thread for those who want to give a special thanks to the mods for their hard work. I have just started being a member a few months ago and I love this forum. I have been a "lurker" here and Serebii for years and all I have to say is PC>Serebii. People are constantly criticizing the mods and I don't know why. Looking around I can't believe all the crap they have to put up with. It takes a special person to be a mod. I could NEVER do it. I would tell someone off if I had to put up with what they go through with all of the insults. So thanks for all the hard work all mods and making my time here much more enjoyable!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I'm cool with mods but sometimes they do send out warning and infractions that shouldn't of have been out. Other that that they do a good job. They try to control every forum and make sure people aren't spamming, flaming, and abusing. I really wouldn't thank them for hard work that goes to the owner of PC not the moderators, they didn't create the forum they just run certain threads. Also all the other people who make really cool threads but moderators not really. Some have made threads but most of the time it's visitors. I'm not bashing moderators in any way I just don't really thank them I thank the owner.

Sirfetch’d

I'm cool with mods but sometimes they do send out warning and infractions that shouldn't of have been out. Other that that they do a good job. They try to control every forum and make sure people aren't spamming, flaming, and abusing. I really wouldn't thank them for hard work that goes to the owner of PC not the moderators, they didn't create the forum they just run certain threads. Also all the other people who make really cool threads but moderators not really. Some have made threads but most of the time it's visitors. I'm not bashing moderators in any way I just don't really thank them I thank the owner.

Of course the Big Thank You goes to the creator and highest staff members, but the mods get all the dirt. That is why I said "Special Thanks".

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's nice to see you guys say positive stuff about all of us, we appreciate it! :) As mentioned though while some warnings and infractions could possibly be debatable, the majority is pretty clear cut and I think we all do pretty well overall. :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Aw that's so sweet jellicent! We work hard for you guys :)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Ya, I do respect what they do on here in every way. I'm sure they probably banned people because they got exploded on by another person. Sometimes they just seem a little eh, demanding. That's not really the word I'm looking for but it's closest.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awww. Thank you! It's nice to get a nice thread haha. I think most of the time, people tend to forget the good things and only give feedback about things that they don't like about the forum or post a thread about a bad experience with a mod, so it's nice to see some positive feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying the forum! I see you a lot in PGC too so I was like "awwww it's one of my regulars!" haha.

Ya, I do respect what they do on here in every way. I'm sure they probably banned people because they got exploded on by another person. Sometimes they just seem a little eh, demanding. That's not really the word I'm looking for but it's closest.

...Demanding? How...? By your posts in this thread, I can't help but think you're a bit bitter about something. :/

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Thanks for the feedback, although I wish would could respect the staff at Serebii even if not everyone agrees with their discussions. Especially considering bobandbill is a staff member on both sites and he is terrific at wherever he is at. With anywhere you are going to have your good extractions and bad ones, I am just glad you have more good then bad at your tenure here and we hope too keep it that way (=.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Demanding wasn't the word I was looking for and I put that. You know when you know a certain word or phrase and you can't remember it so you just say screw it and say something else? Well that's what happened. I guess it would be more, now this is to some of the moderators not all of them. Some seem to blow things out of proportion without having a clue what they are talking about. I've yet to have it happen to me but I've seen it being done. I'm not giving out names cos I'm not familiar with the mods on here lol.

Sirfetch’d

Thanks for the feedback, although I wish would could respect the staff at Serebii even if not everyone agrees with their discussions. Especially considering bobandbill is a staff member on both sites and he is terrific at wherever he is at. With anywhere you are going to have your good extractions and bad ones, I am just glad you have more good then bad at your tenure here and we hope too keep it that way (=.

Oh I respect the staff at Serebii as well. I just think the discussions and threads are better here and well as the as the design of the site.

droomph

weeb
Years
...Demanding? How...? By your posts in this thread, I can't help but think you're a bit bitter about something. :/

don't get me wrong the fact that you guys are basically regular members with a blue name makes this place feel really at home.

but sometimes you come off as rude (because bad day, sick, whatever), and that kinda...yeah

I don't think that he's being rude at all to them, I think all he's just saying about Serebii is that PC is a little more friendly than Serebii.

At least that's what I could tell, he didn't disrespect them at all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Demanding wasn't the word I was looking for and I put that. You know when you know a certain word or phrase and you can't remember it so you just say screw it and say something else? Well that's what happened. I guess it would be more, now this is to some of the moderators not all of them. Some seem to blow things out of proportion without having a clue what they are talking about. I've yet to have it happen to me but I've seen it being done. I'm not giving out names cos I'm not familiar with the mods on here lol.
If you have a problem with a specific staff member then all you need to do is send a PM to a member of hstaff and it'll be dealt with how they see fit, if they agree that there is an issue. :) We're all here to help make this place what it is so if you feel that there really is a problem with a certain member of staff then it's probably worth telling someone about it, but otherwise it seems kind of unfair to make claims like that without having experienced it first hand D:

As for the thread, thank you, that's really nice of you to say :D

Years
I guess I'm not as thankful for the mods because of the stuff they have to deal with, because I have never witnessed it, but I could see it happening, but I'm thankful for the lengths some of the mods have gone to help me while being a newbie at PC, and I truly believe PC has one pretty gosh darn good team of mods <3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
don't get me wrong the fact that you guys are basically regular members with a blue name makes this place feel really at home.

but sometimes you come off as rude (because bad day, sick, whatever), and that kinda...yeah

I feel like I overuse the "we're human" argument, but it's still true. We're not paid for this, we're human beings with normal stress in our lives like anyone else, so...I can understand expecting more from us, but at the same time, we're not much different than you. We just keep watch of a section on a Pokemon forum. We're not Jesus Christ. :/

droomph

weeb
Years
I feel like I overuse the "we're human" argument, but it's still true. We're not paid for this, we're human beings with normal stress in our lives like anyone else, so...I can understand expecting more from us, but at the same time, we're not much different than you. We just keep watch of a section on a Pokemon forum. We're not Jesus Christ. :/

But yeah...

that's the point. sometimes you come off rude but whatever, it's not a big deal.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
As much as I respect the moderators I don't get along with some of them. I'm not giving names cos you know who you are. But overall the mod team does a good job. Some of the moderators seem to think they are special because they got a blue name let me put it that way.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
As much as I respect the moderators I don't get along with some of them. I'm not giving names cos you know who you are. But overall the mod team does a good job. Some of the moderators seem to think they are special because they got a blue name let me put it that way.
I don't think this is the case at all. We're just like any other member on the forum, except we just have a little extra responsibility. If you feel you're being mistreated then feel free to message a higher staff member about the issue, like many have suggested before me. (Super Moderators, Assistant Admins, Staff Admins and Site Admin.) What I feel is that sometimes, users may get a little angry when they're dealt with an infraction or a warning, and then decide to release their frustration on us. Remember, we're only here to make things more enjoyable, and if you've been given a warning or an infraction then you must've broken a rule. I admit, we do make mistakes so there may be an unnecessary warning or infraction here or there, but I think it's key to remember every staff member is different so the discretion of each member varies.

Anyhoo, thanks for the feedback jellicent! It's good to know you're enjoying yourself!

Rukario

Banned
Years
Thanks for the input and sharing your thoughts on the mods - we try to find mods that are pretty even in temper and knowledge and I think the higher staff does a good job finding the right members to promote to mod.

Grated there may be a few times that an action isn't warranted or handled badly, but its rare and overall I'd have to say we (PC) have the best staff of any similar forum. period.

Thanks again for all your thoughts & input.. we appreciate them.

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
Tralalalala~

I'm here to thank you guys for handling this entire forum.

Moderators are probably the most underrated nice people in the world. I know, because I was a moderator (then became a supermoderator) in a forum before and that had only like what, one hundred members. PC has hundreds of thousands.

Sure, they have some bad moments cough, cough, Nica not giving me cookies but they are the reason why PC keeps moving.

I cannot understand why anyone could say something bad about any staff member, no matter what they do, because they're giving a whole cut of their time and effort voluntarily, without pay.

So. Yeah. Kudos to you mods~ (and sorry for every time I bug/annoy you guys, nothing personal, just boredom :3)

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
YEAH!!!

thanks moderater's you are awsome

(even whin i have loads of infractions)

PC would never be without you people to bug XD XD XD

Back