• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guilty Pleasures

Guy

just a guy
Years
Urban Dictionary said:
1. guilty pleasure
Something that you love to do, but you just cannot admit that you do it.

What are currently some of your favorite guilty pleasures? What makes them a guilty pleasure to you?

Years
Glee.

I haven't told too many people that I watch the show, because I've received flack from the handful that I've told. That being said, I'm really liking this show. I got into it because my sister is a big fan, and has suggested it to me plenty of times. I gave it a chance, and I do not regret it. I'd even suggest it to any of you folks who maybe have toying with the idea of giving it a shot?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Not so much as of late, but I was an avid watcher of Pretty Little Liars. The cliffhangers kept me watching, and practically every episode felt like one, so you essentially had to keep watching. Not really sure why I haven't watched in a while to be honest, I kinda lose interest though when there's long periods between new episodes or seasons.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Tokusatsu show like Power Rangers, Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.
Well, I like watching them when I was a kid, and still like it, but I'm unsure what will people think if I watch them even at this age.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I'm a huge fan of "cute girls doing cute things" anime. I know I'm supporting further homogenization and giving an OK to pandering, but watching some YuruYuri or chuu2 always lightens my mood. I don't exactly try to deny it, but I'd definitely consider it a guilty pleasure.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't really have any guilty pleasure books or music artists / songs, but there are some movies and television shows I can list!

My biggest guilty pleasure would be those Hallmark Christmas movies. I know they're incredibly cheesy and they all end the same way, but I just find them so endearing. I won't lie when I say that part of what gets me excited about the holiday season every year is getting to watch new Christmas movies on Hallmark. Of course, I tell no one of this secret.

Another guilty pleasure would be ABC Family's comedies Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy. Again, cheesy with no shred of actual quality, but endearing to watch. I'll also add Disney's Good Luck Charlie to this list too. Although, I'd faster admit to watching Good Luck Charlie than Melissa & Joey or Baby Daddy. Which in retrospect, actually doesn't make sense.

Lifetime's new witch-y television series Witches of East End is a new found guilty pleasure of mine as well. I really love watching this one.

Not so much as of late, but I was an avid watcher of Pretty Little Liars. The cliffhangers kept me watching, and practically every episode felt like one, so you essentially had to keep watching. Not really sure why I haven't watched in a while to be honest, I kinda lose interest though when there's long periods between new episodes or seasons.
Pretty Little Liars and its spin-off Ravenswood are guilty pleasures of mine too. There have been times when I've gotten a bit embarrassed for myself by how much I get into what happens on PLL sometimes.

Years
Shojo. And love comedies. I just get sucked into them. Currently I'm going through Kamisama Kiss.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Kill la Kill. My god, I can't watch the show without making sure that I'm alone. So many tits and ass shots in it. And also the manservice. Aikuro showing off his nipples every other episode. I mean, I can't even go to a cyber cafe and watch this show in case I somehow am not able to watch it on phone because I wouldn't wanna be seen watching it by anyone.

Either way, still one hell of a series.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Pop songs from East Asia and break-dancing...I suppose it's not that big of a deal but I don't think I could own up to it!

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
One guilty pleasure I have is dressing in a rather effeminate manner. I have long hair, so I end up looking like a girl. At least once I used temporary blond dye. Some of my friends said I looked scary, but my friend Ashley loved it. He said I looked like Gan-chan from Yatterman.

I also love watching paternity tests. This one 14-year-old ghetto trash girl Rayletha say she gonna name her baby Courvoisier, after a liquor (which she drank - no wonder why she was so crazy)!

Years
Slice of Life anime.
Biggest guilty pleasure ever, but I find them so much more entertaining than Western comedies these days.

Then again, I'm reluctant to admit my interests in anything pokemon, anime or RP related to anyone really haha.

Honestly, I don't really talk about any of my interests much. I don't care what people think of me, but I can't be bothered dealing with judgemental idiots.

Outlier

There's a lot of bad anime out there that I like throwing on from time to time. Naruto used to be one of my guilty pleasures but the writing and direction of the manga got so bad at that I had to tap out. Kishimoto really dropped the ball on what could have been a really good shounen.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Slice of Life anime.
Biggest guilty pleasure ever, but I find them so much more entertaining than Western comedies these days.

Then again, I'm reluctant to admit my interests in anything pokemon, anime or RP related to anyone really haha.

Honestly, I don't really talk about any of my interests much. I don't care what people think of me, but I can't be bothered dealing with judgemental idiots.

I like the way you think, both about other people and your choice of profile pic. Pokemon is sort of like a guilty pleasure to me too.

EB

Re: World
Years
While most of my friends know I'm an avid Pokémon player and SSBM competitor, I haven't told anyone offline about my fixation on anime dramas.

• Clannad (AS)
  • 5 Centimeters per Second
  • Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
  • Toradora!
  • Guilty Crown
  • Another
  • Angel Beats

... just to name some off the top of my head. I do watch more mainstream anime as well -- ones like Attack on Titan or Samurai Champloo -- which I have no qualms with recommending and sharing with friends. But when it comes to series like the ones above, I often hesitate. Gender bias still runs rampant within the US and there's an overwhelming assumption that in order to "be a man" you aren't allowed to show sensitivity, or allow yourself to become emotionally committed to anything; a concept that's slowly been eating at me. I still love these series though~!

Last edited:

derozio

Years
^ haha, yeah, I can see where you're coming from. But I'm a lot more open when it comes to things like those. I admit that I cried loudly many times while watching clannad after story. Even the first season made me cry like a baby twice. Once during fuuko arc and later during the drama when nagisa's dad shows up. <3 and I have no problems admitting it to anyone. Hell, I can bet a few dollars that most people would cry if they saw it so it ain't like I'm just an emotional pussy. :p

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years

No lie, this exactly. I started watching this and binged three seasons on Netflix and still haven't told anyone. I know all of my friends pretty much hate the show so I don't think I'll be letting it out lol. I think Skins is now a guilty pleasure of mine as well because I only know one person that likes it and I'm absolutely in love with it. Anime as a whole is as well, especially goofy or oddly-drawn/plotted anime like Kill la Kill. XD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I guess I would just have to say watching anime and playing Pokemon in general. I could admit I play Zelda and Fire Emblem but Pokemon? If somebody asked me I would probably say I didn't, just to avoid their reaction. I also haven't told anyone that I watch anime in general, if my parents ask me what I'm watching I usually just say "a show you don't know" ;;

derozio

Years
I proudly call myself an anime fan in front of my friends, watch it in front of my parents (used to. And not ecchi/hentai obvs), and call others ignorant ****s if they think watching anime is something shameful. I have friends who're like 'u watch this ****' and I'm like 'got a problem? I love it. Go mind your own business' :p

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Maybe the band The Monkees. I hate most pop, but for some reason I get addicted to these guys. They didn't write their own music and even the songs the song were not very good. But like most guilty pleasures, I can't explain why I like them so much.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I think mine would have to be the show Awkward. xD I've told basically no one that I watch it. Not many people i know like it. I really do enjoy watching the show, though.

Back