• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendaries in your team?

TeeheeLP

Programmer
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Before the 5th gen I always had the mascot legendary in my team. But I don't like the fact that I can't use them in the battle subway so I've got a full team of regular Pokémon of which 2 are trained on EV and can even beat untrained legendaries on their level.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I usually don't use legendaries because I felt more comfortable using regular Pokemon. However, the only legendary that shaped up my team real good is my Latias in SS.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I use Pokemon that I love, doesn't matter if they're legendary or not. If there's a legendary I like, I'll add it to my team (I usually always have Zapdos in my team).

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I used to be wholheartedly against having legendaries in an in-game team, and believed that it was totally possible to just beat the game and a lot of other trainers with just regular Pokemon...

...And well, I just stopped caring and using Pokemon like Zapdos, and Latias, and Latios, and Jirachi, and what-have-you. This is strictly speaking in terms of Pokemon Online, but in-game wise, I don't think I would care if it had to some to using a legendary.

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
As a kid, I always kept the Legendary Pokémon in my team. Come on, that's awesome. But now, I deposit most of the larger Legendaries in the box (Groudon, Lugia, etc). A Latios or an Articuno may still be in my party.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
When I was younger, first two Generations, I always would love to fill my party as a party of 6 Legendaries. Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Suicune, Zapdos & Articuno.

Now? I'd like to stick to the OU Tier mainly but I can't help to love & care for any/all/my Latias & Cresselias that I can get. Give me one, or even 50, I'll train them with full potential & box them up just to collect them. (Wither its the good nature or bad, though I only use the good ones for competitive play). So yeah..things has changed A LOT since my childhood years in the Pokemon World. But I'm proud of it!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Zapdos has among the best typings and appearances, but I generally already have something that flies and/or a Jolteon, and don't like any other legendary nearly as much... so no.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I really dislike having legendaries in my team. Indeed, when I had to have Reshiram in my Black team, it felt really unusual. That's not to say that I haven't done so in the past but... as I've gotten older, the appeal of legendaries has really worn thin. If I do end up catching some, they're normally box-bound for the rest of their lives, unfortunately.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I only use just one legendary, and it would be the legendary of my preference. That only applies to 1st gen and the remakes. I try not to use them in the future generations, but since the 1st gen, I've had the habit of grabbing one legendary so I can easily beat the E4 :(

Articuno is and will always be part of my Kanto team, no exceptions whatsoever. :P

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I sometimes use legendaries depending on how bad it is. I only use legendaries that have balanced stats : such as the Legendary beasts, Regis. Even mew because I think it's pretty balanced.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Nowadays I use legendaries regularly as it's not that hard to train them and their power is something I simply cannot ignore lol, only time I don't use legendaries though is when they don't provide synergy for the rest of the team that I would be using.

Years
I used to use my favourites up until the 3rd Gen maybe but then after that I felt guilty cause it made it kinda easy. Now I keep them in the box or use them in contests, or post-game :)

Years
I cannot stand having legendaries on my team. I feel as if they should remain a legend instead of being coped up in a PC somewhere.

That being said they're dex-fillers in the ages because well they're not really going to do anything else constructive.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I've got to admit, I did use a Giratina on my first go at the E4. Back then, Platinum was my first game and I wasn't the brightest. My Pokemon only consisted of three - Empoleon,Luxray and Rapidash. So I brought in Giratina because without it, I'd of never made it.

Nowadays I'm a bit brighter and have a full balanced team so legendaries are just left to relax in my PC.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I always use the mascot of the game I'm playing. It's just something I do. But that's the only Legendary Pokemon I use. I limit myself to only 1 Legend per team.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
When I was younger, I refused to use legendaries on my team because I felt it made the game too easy and partially because the few people around here that weren't afraid to admit they played Pokemon, would have entire teams of legendaries which I saw as complete laziness(I hate level grinding, but I took pride that I raised my pokemon from low levels).

Now that I'm older and more mature, I've restarted all of my games used the legendaries this time around half because the story pretty much gives it to you and half because I've learned that legendaries aren't invincible. For example, in Platinum I still struggled against the Elite Four even with my Giratina.

I still have a rule of only using one legendary on a team and I only use the "main" legendary.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I don't like using legendary's in my team but when I got to the Battle Tower I take 1 with me. Most of the time it's Articuno because of it's Mind Reader and Sheer Cold combo.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
It honestly kind of bugs me to have a legendary in my team, so I generally don't unless I just feel like it. If I ever use a legendary, which is a hairline from never, I will use Mewtwo.

Back