• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Someone please, I'm begging you, PLEASE, show me how to make a pick up item script! I have been looking for 4 days now and no where online shows how to make a pick up item script! I am about to go insane! This is what I want to happen. Player goes up to the item on the ground, picks it up, and the player has the item. I am trying to make the player pick up 5 pokeballs right now and I am having troubles! =( Here is my script:

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1201
if 0x01 goto $done
giveitem 0x04 0x05
boxset 6
setflag 0x1201
removesprite 0x5
release
end

#org $done
removesprite 0x5
boxset 6
release
end

What happens is after I pick up the pokeball, i get my items but the sprite is still there and the sprite is only removed after I leave the screen, How do I make the sprite leave ASAP? Please help me!

You're setting the flag and hiding the sprite the wrong way round, for starters.

Secondly, there's no need whatsoever for any script to deal with the after hiding, if you do it right. It's just completely unnecessary and wastes space in your ROM.

By the sounds of it, you have already set the person ID to the correct flag, so I'd hazard a guess that "removesprite" either isn't the correct command (I don't know - never used that script editor, I'm an XSE man myself) or it's the first thing I suggested. The flag set and hide sprite are the wrong way round.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
You're setting the flag and hiding the sprite the wrong way round, for starters.

Secondly, there's no need whatsoever for any script to deal with the after hiding, if you do it right. It's just completely unnecessary and wastes space in your ROM.

By the sounds of it, you have already set the person ID to the correct flag, so I'd hazard a guess that "removesprite" either isn't the correct command (I don't know - never used that script editor, I'm an XSE man myself) or it's the first thing I suggested. The flag set and hide sprite are the wrong way round.

Well I tried what you said (Moving the removesprite and flag comands around) but it didn't work =(. Everyone has suggested XSE and I think I will listen to them, how would you make the command in XSE? Cause I downloaded it and I have no idea what i'm doing.

Years
For XSE, to make a Poké Ball "find" script, you literally just need to use
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#include stditems.rbh

#org @start
giveitem ITEM_ITEMNAME 0x1 MSG_FIND
end

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
For XSE, to make a Poké Ball "find" script, you literally just need to use
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#include stditems.rbh

#org @start
giveitem ITEM_ITEMNAME 0x1 MSG_FIND
[B]hidesprite LASTTALKED[/B]
[B]setflag 0x1201[/B]
end

Not quite. You also need the stuff I added in Bold. LASTTALKED is a variable containing the ID of the sprite you last talked to. In this case, the Pokeball. Obviously, you change the setflag to the relevant flag for the item.

Years
Nope, I'm afraid you're wrong in this case. You only need to set a unique Person ID to the Poké Ball. Using "MSG_FIND" will automatically hide and set the flag for you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Okay both of you, I am still confused, I wrote that script in and it didn' work! =( I have never used XSE before =( May you please tell me the exact script you would use to pick up a pokeball off the ground?

Years
In Advance Map, you need to set the Poké Ball's Person Event (click on the Events tab, then click on the Poké Ball). Where it says "Person ID", set it to a flag, such as 1201. Then assign the script to the Poké Ball event and it should work.

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
I have another question
I inserted new Pokemon center and Pokemart sprites in advanced map and the tile occasionally show up correctly but sometimes they show up all mesed up
Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

Years
Meowing Mewtwo:

Hey, don't feel bad! It's a perfectly legitimate request.

Click these words to download the most recent version of A-Trainer

MrSandman64:

When you exit a map and enter another map that uses a different tileset, the tiles that were used in the first map will become the tiles in the second map's tilesets. This is why Kanto is scattered with gates, so that the player won't see these glitched tiles. If it's possible, change one of the maps tileset so that it matches the other map, or add a gate so that the two maps (or any tiles in Tileset 2 of the respective maps) aren't visible from one another.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Does anyone happen to have a full text dump (not a script dump) of Pokemon Emerald?

Anyone willing to get it for me? :3

Thanks in advance!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Not sure if this goes in this thread or the script help thread, so I'll have it in both.

I'm confused with giving moves new descriptions. Every time I do, the game ends up glitching the text, and some of it appears on other sides, overlapping and whatnot. Anyone who has added new descriptions through scripts should understand. How would I go about doing this perfectly, and what is the most text I can use as a description?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
how much free space does a script need?

It entirely depends on how large the script is. A script with more commands and parameters will take up a greater amount of space than a script with less. So long as you have the '#dynamic' directive at the beginning of your scripts then most script editors will find the next area of free space which can hold your script so there's no real need to worry about their size.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
i still dont get it. so i just put #dynamic then i just press enter? also how do you make the free space finder for xse work? i tried pressing alt f but nothing happend.

Years
How can I hack Pokemon Black/white that for example on Route 16 stands an Arceus and when I'm talking to it I can fight against it and can catch it?

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
Does anyone know how to download Advanced Text I've tried to download it but every time I try to run it an error comes up saying that a component it missing.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
i still dont get it. so i just put #dynamic then i just press enter? also how do you make the free space finder for xse work? i tried pressing alt f but nothing happend.

No, you need to search for a free space, either manually with a hex editor, or through a free space finder.
But you can also use a uniform type of dynamic offset, since XSE will automatically search for free space for your script.
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
Dynamic will tell XSE the offset of where XSE will begin searching for free space in your ROM.
Example, if ever there's already data stored from 0x800000 to 0x802000, then XSE will start writing your script in 0x802001.
Just make sure you copy the starting offset XSE provides you after you compile your script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back