• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Family Guy Funeral (Spoilers)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The news of Brian being killed off was all I heard at school today lol. But yeah, I doubt that he'll be gone for good. It doesn't make sense to kill him off. I mean, if your going to kill someone off on Family Guy, why not Meg?

But if they killed Meg, that's what the people would want... Meg is the one character that is supposed to be hated, I'm sure killing her would just please the audience. Also, would it be shocking? Probably not.

Anyway, there's an apparent petition to bring Brian back: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/enterta...y-kills-brian-the-dog-tell-us-what-you-think/ What I find a little scary is that people are trying this hard when he's already going to be back. =\

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
But if they killed Meg, that's what the people would want... Meg is the one character that is supposed to be hated, I'm sure killing her would just please the audience. Also, would it be shocking? Probably not.

Anyway, there's an apparent petition to bring Brian back: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/enterta...y-kills-brian-the-dog-tell-us-what-you-think/ What I find a little scary is that people are trying this hard when he's already going to be back. =\

I think the panel from FG Spoke at a Comicon or Animation they had said there was intention to kill a character but no intention on bringing it back. Im sure its on Google somewhere

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The thing I don't get about this is: Why kill Brian off, then immediately replace him with another dog? Dafaq is the point of that? They didn't replace Cleveland when he left the show (ok, there was that one episode where they attempt to do that, but still).

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
To be fair, Meg isn't a kid anymore now that she's 18, so they would've choose her instead of Brian.

That's getting a little particular, but true enough.
The thing I don't get about this is: Why kill Brian off, then immediately replace him with another dog? Dafaq is the point of that? They didn't replace Cleveland when he left the show (ok, there was that one episode where they attempt to do that, but still).

Well, Cleveland didn't die, plus he got a new show of his own, and it's not like removing a lesser popular character hurt the show, versus this major character death.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
The show's quality has taken a constant nosedive for years, and Brian was nothing more than Seth MacFarlane's self insert by this point anyways. I'm glad that he's dead because if nothing else, it shows that the writers are still willing to take risks.

Honestly though, I'm pretty sure they're going to bring him back. Vinny seems like nothing more than a throwaway character made for trolling the audience.

They wanted to mix things up by killing a character off, but they felt that leaving the hole unfilled would make the show feel really empty afterwards.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Honestly, what would shock me more than Brian's death would be Brian's death actually sticking.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Honestly, what would shock me more than Brian's death would be Brian's death actually sticking.

This, koffi~

Don't worry people. Brian will return. Either from science or simply a glaring loophole. Like this for instance:

Scene: Kitchen

Peter and fam are at the table talking about Brian and such, boo hoo.

Brian strolls in with a newspaper and coffee and sits down nonchalant. Stewie is the first to notice

Stewie: Wait, what the hell? Brian?
Brian: What?
Stewie: Dude! We, like, buried you and everything!
Brian: Yeah, so? The writers had to do something about our ratings so. . . yeah, we did that.
Meg: But we had a coffin!
Brian: stuffed with cardboard.
Chris: We received a death certificate!
Brian: What? That doesn't make sense.
Peter: What doesn't make sense? You being a zombie or-
Brian: Peter, I'm not a zombie! Look, a death certificate? For a dog?
Chris: Yeah. . .
Brian: Well where is it? Can I see it?
Lois: What? Why?
Brian: So I can hang it on my wall.
[Chris hands over a letter as Brian wags his tail]
Brian: This is uh. . . guys. This isn't for me.
Meg: What?
Lois: What do you mean. . .? Give it here!
[Lois grabs for the letter and quickly reads it]
Lois: Oh my gawd.
[cut scene to the entire family wearing black suits, attending a funeral]
Peter: Yeah, you are so going to hell. [pause] Zombie.

It's like a cartoon in your mind, koffi~

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
this is the guy who vomited for like 30 straight seconds after he found out he was dating a transgender person but oh no r.i.p brian please bring back the voice of reason that was brian griffin smartest dog in the universe

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Cheer up guys! I may have found evidence Brian will return to the show! Read this article;
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/29/family-guy-maya-rudolph-glenn-howerton/

This is clearly enough proof. There are even 2 future episode titles with Brian's name in it, and the plot summary of the episode 'Christmas Guy' says that "Stewie devises a master plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas."

Oh, and good ol' pal Cleveland returns.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Ohh what a way to find out about Brian's demise. I caught it on a news site. :(

I started watching Family Guy yesterday while sick in bed. The episodes included Lois being beat up or assaulted by a bunch of kids, Peter getting almost killed by a puma, Peter shooting at his wife when she's at the mailbox, idek. I don't remember it being so.. dumb. One of my favorite bits was Stewie and Brian in the bank vault.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
I wasn't a fan of Brian (or Family Guy for that matter), but if anybody deserved to die in this show, it was Glen Quagmire. He's too much of a perv, even for an adult-rated comedy/cartoon.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Brian was a great character, but I don't see this as a big deal as people seem to make it. Though I guess I just don't get as emotionally attached to fictional characters as much as some people. Plus if there's two episodes with Brian feature in them, I have a feeling they'll bring him. Till then, I'm gonna try to give Vinny a chance. He doesn't seem too bad. I think people just don't like him as much cause he isn't iconic to the show as Brain was.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It was kind of obvious right from the start that Brian would make a return. They built up Stewie's time machine a little too much in the beginning of the episode. That, and they can't keep out Seth MacFarlane's insert character.

That said, Vinny doesn't seem as bad as everyone was making him out to be. I was expecting an over-the-top obnoxious character, but Vinny just seems to be normal. He's got a good story, and I like how he and Stewie came to an understanding. It would be a shame to lose him completely.

Doesn't mean I'm going to start watching Family Guy again. I stopped watching it because it was trying too hard to be funny, and that hasn't seemed to change.

Years
Doesn't mean I'm going to start watching Family Guy again. I stopped watching it because it was trying too hard to be funny, and that hasn't seemed to change.
That's pretty much the same reason I've stopped watching it, too. If it's on, I'll watch it, but I've got the last season and a half just sitting on my DVR, and I've never bothered with it.

That being said, after I heard of the news, I decided to watch the episode, and it seems kind of odd that they'd kill Brian off. I can't say as I hate Vinnie, but he just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the Griffins, which is probably why Brian won't be gone forever. Still, bringing in a replacement character like that only to go back to the original a few weeks later seems like a waste of time more than anything.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
"3 Acts of God" is 2 episodes before "Brian's a Bad Father". reviving the dead sounds like an act of god to me

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
You can all stop crying over a fictional dog now, Brain is back on Family Guy . :P I'm not gonna spoil how in case people haven't seen it , but it should be obvious it involved Stewie.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Okay, so despite my continued belief that Brian is incredibly boring, I did catch an episode or two of Family Guy with that new dog and oh my god, it was so bad. Maybe it was because I was just not accustomed to the change, and resisted it, but literally everything about him annoyed me. I'm glad he's back.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
What the heck was the point of Vinny? Boosting ratings?

if so, i guess he did his mission well.

Guy

just a guy
Years
You can all stop crying over a fictional dog now, Brain is back on Family Guy . :P I'm not gonna spoil how in case people haven't seen it , but it should be obvious it involved Stewie.
Like there was any doubt he'd be back. In a show like this, a death like that would never stick. It'd all be done for simple shock value to get more people watching and then they'd find a way to fix it. I didn't catch any of it, but it's hard to avoid the spoilers on social networks like twitter.

Back