• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RéBURST ~RéBOOT~ [M] [IC]

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

Jeff Miles: Girl Troubles is a term with more possible applications than you could ever know.

Ehh nobody cares what a narrator's name is...and yes the Caterpie is adorable and a great allusion to many things but...yeah I guess the whole deal is kinda sweet.

Mr. Jeffrey Miles AKA Le Hawt Jeff AKA That one nerd all this crazy sh*t happens to OR for those of you who are sane (but where's the fun in that?) Jeff, was picked up from an embarrassing stint with the ground by a girl for the second time that day. If you have any concept of what masculinity is you know that even though it's stupid and our dear Jeff KNOWS it's stupid, this is making him feel none to manly or good about himself. He tried to think positive while Karly pulled him and the female bulldozer apart and helped him to his feet. "Thanks Karly." Grow a pair kid, say you didn't need help, tell them to follow you to the nearest town and sweep them off their feet, show them YOU ARE THE ALPHA!-Okay moving on.

Jeff tried not to let his pupils shrink to pinpoints at the strangeness of the whole ordeal when the girl's pokedex made some rather...saucy comments about Karly before she introduced herself. "Oh yeah, I remember you from Fairnorth!" It's that psycho girl with the rocket powered Magikarp...well I haven't been bored since I started at least... "I was the nerd who got excited and ran off like a little kid." He chuckled lightly at his own honesty about one of his faults and kept on. "It's nice to really meet you Imoen....except for the part where your face met my back...and my face met the ground...and this is Romanov." He indicated the Munchlax, who had just finished hugging Karly's legs in thanks for helping him up and waved at Imoen when he was mentioned, letting out a happy. "Lax!"

Wimp...I liked my idea better.

Jeff dusted himself off and looked down the path. "So Imoen, any chance you'd like some company? Me and Karly are gonna go together for a bit and another person to share in the enigmatic ridiculousness that I've encountered so far couldn't hurt. We should probably get going pretty quick, not only before anything else happens, but I've got 3 pokemon who've all been battling and I'd like to get to a Pokemon Center." Well that's better...I guess that was a little alpha...

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Something Creative that I should be Writing. Titles ARE hard.
Karly, doing her best to not get angry with Imoen's Pokedex that had apparently made some extremely raunchy comments concerning her body and figure, nodded in agreement with Jeff, who claimed that he needed to go to a Pokemon Center after all his battling. "Me too. Aipom got seriously beat up by a bunch of Rattata."

Aipom! The monkey shouted in protest, stomping down his foot angrily. "Oh shut up." Karly snapped at him. "You know you got beat up. Those things beat the snot out of your lazy little head. You were pretending to be unconscious while we ran away and I had to lug your ass through the forest. So shut up."

Turning away from her bitter monkey, Karly was reminded that Cal still had to be introduced. "Ah, this here is Cal. We're technically not allowed to capture more than one Pokemon from the reserve, but this little guy is smitten with us, so we're taking him along as a pet. There's no real harm in that, I guess. So, here he is."

Karly held Cal out in front of her, allowing him to observe Imoen. For a few moments, Cal was silent. Then, after at least five minutes with no reaction, he chirped happily and blanketed Imoen with String Shot. Caterpie! he said. Karly sweat-dropped slightly as Imoen became wrapped in the bug's silk. "Er... sorry about that. At least he likes you!"

*facepalm*

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Imoen
~

Imoen is pleased by the fairly cordial greeting, considering her dramatic entry and the following comments made my her unhelpful mechanical companion, which she really didn't like. Perhaps somebody with mechanical expertise could be found at the PokeCenter that these people were referring to, or not, given the fact that strange things seem to be happening to everyone around these parts, and she should really be no different. It could be anything, from the ghost of a lesbian to a lost Polygon just trying to make up for its daddy issues, to just a simple virus or malfunction in the technology. Alternatively it could be the beginning of an entirely new dystopian future, where robots rule Pokemon rule humans and one man and or woman must fight to save the world in a crappy sequel featuring a narcissistic celebrity.

Then her eyes settled on Rodrigo. The blood in her veins begins to boil, aching and rushing to break free of their fleshy cage to tear through the boundaries of human physiology. Bursts of burning red splash across her vision, covering it in a red haze of nothing but pure loathing, each second an eternity of hate. Hate. Let me tell you how much she's come to hate Rodrigo since she began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wrought veins in wafer thin layers that fill her meatflesh. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate she feels for Rodrigo at this micro-instant. For him. Hate. Hate.

Imoen's eye twitches, as she swallows the red wave. No battle right now...

Unfortunately for the girl's suppressed reaction, some Pokemon saw fit to cover her in caterpillar silk and she stands for a few moments covered in it, blankly staring ahead and brushing it off of her face. "Oh." She proceeds to try to dust the rest of it of, while vaguely thinking about the response to Jeff's question, though most of it just sticks more and more to her hands and leaves her clothes a mess. "Sticky. I didn't bring spare clothes." That's probably going to be a problem at some point.

"I'd like company." she smiles, despite her predicament. "I'll come. Are you going to talk weird?"

Sephear

Years

Ha! Not always so easy is it? *Ahem* I mean: Off to see the wizard, the wonderful-identical to a million others-wizard of Joy...NURSE-Wizard of Joy...titles are still hard.

It was quickly made painfully obvious that Karly and her Aipom didn't get along all too well, but Jeff decided not to press on it, either they would learn to cooperate or after she caught 6 pokemon she could leave it with Prof. Tularosa. He blinked a couple of times when Karly introduced Cal. I didn't even think to introduce him to people...maybe I'm not a very good father-wait where the hell did that come from? I'm not his dad I'm just the guy who accidentally dragged him from the forest... Muahahaha...the seeds have been planted. Jeff froze and just stared for a moment as Cal spat his silk all over Imoen...and she seemed to just stand there. "Ohhh Cal...I know you're practically a baby but really?" He dug through his backpack for a moment and found a container of wet wipes that he actually DID pack for the trip and wiped off Imoen's face with one then handed her another one for her arms.

"Umm sorry about that" He wasn't really sure why he hadn't just handed her one of the wipes right away...maybe he was feeling a bit of a manly protection instinct towards the two girls he was around? Or maybe it's some stupid plot-manipulating narrator's idea of improving him and trying to get him 2 girls? Who said that? HOW DID YOU FIND MY NOTES?!? I mean...that's preposterous, go sit in the corner dummy.

Rodrigo watched the whole affair between the humans with interest...he was beginning to think they were all mad, but he wanted to laugh so hard when the bug sprayed on the crashy human that it almost broke his veneer of poise, then when his new liege cleared some of the silk from her face he gasped. It was the girl from before...the the monster with the fish club, who had broken up his one chance at true love and sent him sailing to his inevitable capture! Later on he would be thankful, what she had sent him to was a breaking in the monotony of seduction, and a kind person who cared about him...but at that moment all he was filled with was pure, Spanish rage. The sound of a Spanish guitar (in a world with no Spain) materialized out of thin air as Rodrigo leaped at the woman to exact his revenge! But another cruel twist of fat denied him satisfaction.

The new Pidgey's pokeball had been finally set on his belt and Jeff was ready to put Rodrigo back, just as he turned to say "Alright Rodrigo, time to ret-" He was interrupted by the Larvitar in question slamming face first into the button of the orb and disappearing in a flash of plot-armor. "I...well...I suppose he was ready to go in." He turned back to the girls and answered Imoen's question. "Well I like to thing I have a good grasp of speech...but I can talk strangely if you want. 'Scuse the actions of dat git Rodgy, 'e can be a stupid little nob. Or perhaps you'd prefer it I spoke a bit more softly with a kind touch o' the green spirit aye lass? I suppose we ought to get goin' so the little ones can get a hint of rest and you can clean yourself up more thoroughly." He did surprisingly good imitations of a Cochnay and the fast talking-soft spoken Irishman...especially impressive considering NOBODY HERE KNOWS OF THOSE PLACES OR PEOPLE YOU MORON! STOP BREAKING A FICTIONAL UNIVERSE'S LOGIC! I OUGHTA-wait a minute...the rules of logic are constantly shifting in this hellhole of a story...it's kind of like Wonderland...ehh I guess it's fine. Besides...the universe has accents in it anyways so whatever...maybe they'll know it from somewhere.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Extensive Title that has Words of Exemplary Caliber Within
Karly felt a very odd twitch of anger as she noticed that Jeff was wiping the silk off of Imoen himself instead of letting her do it - wait a damn minute. Why would I care about that? I don't find this guy attractive. Yes you do *****, don't give me your lip today. Um... who said that? I'm your consciousness, now feel jealous and beat up Imoen and take your man back. Okay, you're a terrible consciousness. I'm ignoring you.

Karly immediately noticed that Imoen was glaring rather intensively at Jeff's Larvitar, Rodrigo. Rodrigo looked equally as irritated, and it begged the question of whether or not they had met before. Did Imoen know Jeff already? Wait a minute, why did she care? If Jeff and Imoen had a history, what was that to her? Although, they introduced themselves to each other, so maybe she only knows Rodrigo? Seriously, why the hell am I having these thoughts? I really could care le- SILENCE MORTAL. ... right. Whatever

Karly noticed that, in her bout of arguing with this odd subconscious that may or may not be the narrator in a masquerade that allows him to subtly insert himself into the story, Rodrigo had decided to take action against this strange girl and jump at her while wielding a Spanish guitar that had illogically materialized out of thin air, ready to knock her head off as soon as he did so. However, an unfortunate event occurred that ended with Rodrigo smacking into his Pokeball stupidly and allowing himself to be recalled before he could knock the head from the shoulders of the girl called Imoen.

Jeff seemed to not really care about the event that had noticeably occurred right near his hip as he answered Imoen's question of, "Do you talk weird?" by speaking in numerous geographically-incorrect accents, which incited Karly into some femalish laughter. He's such an oddball... at least I'll get to travel with someone who's funny. Don't forget that you think he's super hot. WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO INTERJECT BETWEEN EVERY THOUGHT I HAVE? SHUT UP ALREADY. ... meh.

With all the interactions over, Karly pushed her bangs back behind her head, ready to head down the straightforward path right in front of them. "We should probably get going. I don't like being this close to the Reserve; I can feel that Rattata pack right behind us." Karly shivered as the wind carried along the echo of well excUUUUUUUUUUUUUse me, princess from deep within the forest. "Let's move." With that, Karly began to walk down the yellow brick road that lead to... well, whatever town is ahead.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
"Oh, hey Mia," Nami casually greeted "You look like you've been through a bombing. But as for the details, I don't know. This magical, talking Lotad with glasses just kind of... teleported us. Then he told me to tell you guys to follow the path to the town that's ahead." Mia immediately broke into laughter, nearly falling to the ground because of Nami's jests. There's no way that she was being serious, after all, what kind of Lotad wears glasses? Or talks, for that matter? After calming down, Mia examined herself.

She had a few scrapes and a lot of bruises on her arms and legs, but was unable to really check anywhere else in the presence of all these people. Mia did however, know that her clothing had enough water absorbed to fill an ocean. She immediately got to squeezing it out, while listening to Nami continue. "You can come with me if you want. I'd enjoy the company." Mia smiled, discovering that she didn't leave her out of dislike/annoyance/spite. No... Something sinister forced her to abandon Mia for a brief while.

While Mia was lost in happiness, Nami reached into her bag and pulled out a tidy, small hair brush. "Here, take it. No offence, but your hair is kind of a mess." Once Mia returned to reality, her hand reluctantly grabbed the hairbrush. She knew it wouldn't be able to do any good, but took it out of courtesy anyway. "Thanks." Mia smiled, grabbing onto the girl's arm with one hand while brushing with the other. "Now, tell me why does the magical, talking Lotad with glasses want us to go? And why should we follow his orders?..." She asked, with a good mix of confusion and sarcasm while pulling Nami through the route's entrance.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
nEw rOuTe 01 PaRt 02

"No cool name here."
Spoiler:

As our shipment increases in scale and the fourth wall slowly begins to crumble -with narrators meeting each other and inserting themselves within their stories-, this road stops going between a bunch of random trees. You will notice the fact that there are each time less trees around as you go forward, and that a seemingly increasing amount of dirt is taking over the beautiful crumbled autumn leaves around. Maybe you'll realize why or maybe you won't. Either way, you will soon hear the familiar sound of splashing water, and once you're walked enough, you will have reached the second portion of the first Route of Hoenn.

No Pokémon appear here, except for the occasional Alomomola splashing under the road. Even then, trying to catch them would kill you, if not just mutilate you and/or fulfill Birdy's wish of punting people into the sea.

Spoiler:

The pastures of the previous road disappear, and lead to a dirty mountain road. Isle de Fairnorth (in the south!) is now nothing but a blurry shape in the horizon, and even though you've already gone through a lot, there is still a bit to go yet. Although it really isn't much of a long road, it just goes around this mountain once and leads to a tollbooth and a building of creamy colors that reads "Interstate Cycling Line". Don't even dare to barge inside: you need a bicycle first, and the angry security guards who have a miserable job will not hesitate to point that out.

Alas, that is not why you're this far, you can get yelled at by random angry people later on. A you reach the end of this road, you'll reach an open field, green pastures with no trait in particular other than the short path that goes straight across it. From this very plain you'll be able to appreciate what lies ahead: Mauville City

Wild Pokémon:
  • Mareep
  • Growlithe
  • Lillipup
  • Starly

Spoiler:

mAuViLlE CiTy
"It's Mauville! ... And also a city."

So you though Fairnorth was wacky and huge? How cute. Take a look at Fairnorth, now back here, now back at Fairnorth, now back here. This city alone is twice the size of Fairnorth, which does in fact make it the biggest city in Hoenn. And not only that, it also managed to dethrone Sootopolis to become the capital of Hoenn... which isn't to hard considering Sootopolis is a rock that was isolated from society.

This marvel of technology has you access towards a nice bridge and... it is quite the large one xD Don't worry, though, your legs might be exhausted by now, so I'll give you a break with a very convenient event!

Upon your arrival, you notice the Professor waving in your direction: she's been waiting for you for quite the while, y'know? The moment you spot them, talk to them, and then wait for a reply from my part, I'll drag everyone with a convenient transportation vehicle soon afterwards!~

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Nami Tange

"Now, tell me why does the magical, talking Lotad with glasses want us to go? And why should we follow his orders?..." Mia asked as she pulled Nami through the gateway. She was surprisingly strong, Nami noted.

"I don't know why. But he claimed to know everything, and spoke quite knowledgeably about the world," Nami replied. They continued walking for a short time. Nami noted the trees beginto thin out, the grass and leaves on the ground transitioning to dirt. Then Nami realized that they had been holding hands the entire time they were walking. Her face turn Tamato berry red, and she quickly let go of her companion's hand and moved to the other side of the road. "S-Sorry!" she exclaimed. "I didn't realize." She bowed her head. "I didn't mean to imply... I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, that wasn't my intention"

She raised her head, looking back to Mia. How would she respond? Nami didn't mean anything when she had continued to hold Mia's hand, she hadn't been paying much attention to the whole situation.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
"I don't know why. But he claimed to know everything, and spoke quite knowledgeably about the world," Nami replied, continuing her charade. Her lie became more and more unbelievable with every word she spoke. Why was she so reluctant to tell her the truth? Its not like it would affect their journey in anyway, but it would be nice to know how she actually got there. After a while, the grass started to thin out, being replaced with dirt and rocks. The trees became sparse as well, lowering the amount of vegetation greatly.

For some reason, Nami let go of her hand and turned a bright red, jumping to the other side of the road. "What's wro-" Mia attempted to question Nami's actions, but was quickly interrupted by a series of short sentences. "S-Sorry! I didn't realise." Nami exclaimed, bowing her head. "I didn't mean to imply... I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, that wasn't my intention." Mia suddenly found herself confusedly staring at the girl, trying to figure out what she meant. Nami didn't injure her in anyway, neither did she cause any discomfort, so why was she freaking out?

She slowly lifted her head to see Mia's reaction, which was nothing more than a confused blink. "So... uh, what was that all about?" However, before Nami could fully explain herself, Mia had spotted something she thought she wouldn't be seeing for a long time. She immediately bolted to the edge of the path and gazed in awe at the futuristic Mauville City. Her eyes couldn't believe how beautiful it looked, especially the pristine water that lead up to it. She almost wanted to jump straight into the sea, but then she remembered Nami. "Hey, Nami! Come have a look at this!"

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Nami Tange

"Hey, Nami! Come have a look at this!" Mia's call prevented Nami from having to answer her question. And it wasn't like Nami didn't like Mia, she just didn't wan't her to think that she liked her that way just because she had held on to Mia's hand for a prolonged amount of time.

Nami crossed over to the ledge where Mia was standing. Her eyes grew huge as she looked across the water, towards Mauville City. It was futuristic and sparkling, a gem on the coast. It almost looked close enough for Nami to swim there. Except, there was a large cliff conveniently placed in the way. Darn plot walls. Nevertheless, it was a gorgeous sight.

"Oh, it's beautiful Mia!" Nami exclaimed. "Let's try to get there as fast as we can!" So saying, Nami set off down the path at a brisk jog, determined to make it to Mauville City.

Sephear

Years
"Right" Jeff answered, wasting no time catching up to Karly and walking slightly behind her to the side. He figured Imoen would have no trouble following them. After all, she can survive travel by Magikarp cannon. He couldn't help wondering why Karly had looked agitated a minute ago. But regardless he enjoyed hearing her laugh at his accents, he always liked to hear people laugh when it was positive. What kind of accents were those anyways? Oh NOW you wonder what the hell you were talking about. What the hell was- *Ahem* I mean doesn't Karly look so smoochable right now? Voices... oh great this whole ordeal is causing me to lose it... although she is pretty.

"I suppose I've wasted enough of everyone's time trying to capture whatever pokemon graces my vision first...I promise I'll be less obsessive about it after I've got a full team." Jeff chuckled lightly, only half joking. He couldn't help noticing the change in scenery and he was a little disappointed. "Oh... we're leaving the trees, what a shame. Eh, at least I've got good companionship. Both human and pokemon." He added, scratching Romanov between his ears. The Munchlax hummed happily and kept walking.

Before too long the road curved through a mountainside and gave them a much more magnificent few of the ocean. Jeff couldn't possibly resist leaning against the railing alongside the road to peer better at the ocean. "Wow! No matter how many times I see it the sea is never any less... spectacular. To think, we were over on that strange little maze of an island just earlier... ironically in the South no less. If Romanov and Rodrigo weren't so exhausted I'd want to stay here all day, or look for a beach or something."

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Happening Upon the Mechanical Marvels of the New World
Karly peered over the railing of the bridge right next to Jeff, surveying the aquatic Pokemon that hopped up from below and got sucked underneath a passing speedboat. Considering the fact that her adventures by the sea ended in being flattened against a pointy rock and getting her arm eaten by a morbid whale, she wasn't as impressed. "I think I've had my fair share of beaches and water. I'm gonna enjoy some dry land instead."

Doesn't Jeff just look so compelling from this angle? Oh Areceus, it's back. I never left, genius. C'mon, smooch him on the cheek. A nice 'ol kiss never hurt no one. Die. Well now, aren't you the violent one? I'm only trying to help. I'm going insane... No hun, that's just the power of amoré. Yup, totally insane now.

Karly pulled her focus away from the handsome consciousness to turn back towards the intended path of travel, only to stop in sheer awe at the city that awaited them. It was so incredibly massive, it begged the question of: How in the world is Jeff looking at the stupid ocean? Karly almost felt herself pass out from the size of the city. "Uh, guys... how in the world are we supposed to navigate something like that?"

Karly pulled out her map, hoping it would reveal some kind of navigation route through this city - but no, of course not. That'd be entirely too easy. Instead, the map showed a ridiculous cartoon-like drawing that barely paid attention to any physical features: the city in front of them, presumed Mauville, was nothing but large red square with several yellow "paths" leading away from it. If they stepped a single foot inside that city, well... Arceus knows what could possibly happen.

Karly furiously crumbled her map up and shoved it back into her Bag of Infinite Space and sighed. "Great. We'll never find our way through that maze of extreme mechanical advancement. I don't even think I can make it to the end of this bridge without going into anaphylactic shock."

Way to keep a positive attitude. Maybe you can ask Jeff to romantically carrying you into the city like you were his bride and he, your wonderful gro- I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL MURDER EVERY SINGLE PART OF YOU. errrr... no thanks.

Being a sexy narrator comes with no rewards anymore.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
((OOC: Given how no one seemed to notice the professor upon their arrival to Mauville I'll just void that event and magically make the bridge somewhat shorter with my mystical GM powers :P Anyways, here it is, guys! As many people as possible can challenge the gym leaders as long as we all utilize very convenient time skips so that you don't have to wait on someone else to beat the leader before you get a chance :3 From the minds of EB, Birdy and most recently, gimmepie!))

mAuViLlE CiTy
"Shinning Bright Like a Diamond"

Rejoice, sexy narrators, for you have reached the technological wonder of Mauville (And you're no longer in the south!!!!1). Mauville city is one of the largest and most important settlements in the entire landmass of Hoenn as well as both its political capital and the region's major technological hub. In this bustling metropolis a tourist or passer-by may find light and relaxation in the beautiful seaside views found to the towns eastern side, or explore the many facilities found in this farole of science and progress. Who knows, maybe there's a Poké-World version of Bill Nye, the Science Guy waiting to meet you! Mauville has something for everyone be it the simple pleasure of a taco stand (Ay Jalisco, no te rajes!) or entire buildings dedicated to pokemon battling.

And when it comes to interesting landmarks in Mauville, which is often called the "new" Mauville these days (with the actual dungeon New Mauville being called just Mauville), a happy citizen or a visitor to the city should be sure to visit at least one of these prevalent locations (or else we will punt them into the sea a zillion times before they land a step here);

Wattson Bridge
A large and majestic bridge, of metallic tones of silver and blue, that allows it to merge perfectly with the rest of the city, named for the town gym leader, which crosses over a sea canal, hobos and schools of fish Pokémon. From a vantage point on this bridge one can experience a view not only of Mauville but of the sea as well as other far off places, such as the sea, the sea, and the sea. No, of course it's not a parody of the Brooklyn Bridge, you silly!​

Central Hub
The thriving centre of the city where the headquarters of various corporations and organisations as well as scientific facilities can be found. It is a stone's throw away from both residential Mauville, the shopping district, the entertainment district and is also where the city's Pokémon gym is located. If you thought there were tons of people at Fairnorth, then you're gonna have a BAD time here.​

Kantotown
Kantotown is a fairly large borough of Mauville located behind the primary residential and business areas of the city. This is a location home to many immigrants from Kanto and creates an experience much like visiting the region itself with vendors along the streets selling products usually found only in Kanto such as rare berries as well as ethnic dishes. The Kantotown community centre regularly screens televised battles from its namesake region and, as their name suggests, they are huge suckers for Pokémon Trainer Red.​

The Battle Company Headquarters and Training Facility
Whilst it may appear to be your average, run-of-the-mill corporate skyscraper this building is home to the headquarters of the Battle Company's Hoenn branch. The Battle Company is one of the leading developers of items and houses a scientific think-tank researching into how best to (safely) improve a Pokémon's performance in battle without resorting to something insane like steroids or Forum Roleplaying. The building also houses a large basement-level training facility where high-tech training devices as well as various battlefields are open to the public… for a small fee of course. Do mind, tho, that with your current level of skills it is probable that the researchers will crush, kill and then destroy you seven times before you even touch the ground.​

League of Legends (LoL) Headquarters
Despite of the name, this ain't no Game Building thingy or whatever! The League of Legends is a unique row of Pokémon tournaments that start in multiple points of Hoenn once a year (usually after Christmas, which is a thing now because we say so) and serve a very simple purpose: to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Hoes (official term for a resident of the Hoenn region according to Lillizuki) and tourists alike are encouraged to take a break from real life and their Training duties and join the prestigious, state-of-the-art simulation rooms found here (set to simulate the behavior and course of multiple important battles -like Giovanni's- to near perfection), and maybe even the tournament itself once it has commenced.​

Mauville Gym
For those planning to compete in the prestigious Hoenn League this gym is the place to be. The gym leader may be an old man, but his experience will make him a tough opponent on new or inexperienced trainers. The outside of the building is quite simple: a regular building with no particular traits. That said, it might take travelers a while to notice it if they look around for big neon letters that read "ZOMG DAH POKEYMANZ GEEMZ IZ HEEARZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!ONE". However, once inside the layout of multiple traps, switches and electric barriers might be enough to actually prove that it indeed is Watsson's gym. The puzzle remains the same as Ruby and Sapphire's because we're too lazy tot think of a new one, however, the same thing can't be said about Watsson's team.

120.gif

Leader: Wattson "the Cheerfully Electrifying Man"
<<Theme Song>>
Team:
025.gif
081.gif
100.gif
180.gif
309.gif

522.gif
587.gif
595.gif
618.gif
310.gif

Notes Watsson can utilize three of the above Pokémon, with their levels ranging from level 7 to level 14 (because yes). The movesets can be specified by you as long as it's fair game. However, all of them have Mega Punch. Yes, even Voltorb. Voltorb will grow a human arm specifically for the purpose of punching your Pokémon in the face.
Other Notes: Blue was here. Red sucks!!!​

Rydel's Sports Store
Bored of selling only cycles for so long Rydel has now branched out to sell a wide range of sporting goods, his specialty however will always be his many different models of bike. It's a huge building that reads "Rydel" in big bold letters and for a small fortune can satisfy all your sports need.​

Casino de Bolts
Mauville's game corner is now under new, and somewhat fancier ownership. Lights and strobes of all colors envelop the area in a veil of alcohol and a cloud of smoke, of ten referred at as "true fanciness". Those who are of age (or manage to sneak in) will be able to take part in various activities such as Voltorb Flip and the roulette, and (according to EliteBeats) blackjack and hookers! Know what? Forget the blackjack and hookers!​

Tularosa Research Facility (Tyularoosa Riizerch Fecilitey if you're Dahlia)
Professor Tularosa's research facility houses scientific teams dedicated to a great range of fields (all relating to the study of pokemon of course). A wide room of shining white, incredible tidiness and a pervading smell of soap and disinfectant. It is quite possible you will find her and/or her assistant Dahlia here arguing scratching their heads over some sort of conundrum such as "The Immortality of Krabby" or if they left the toaster on when they left home.​

Of course you are also free to create as many other stands and facilities as you please (within reason).​

Last edited:

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Waves gently lapped underneath the bridge they jogged upon, while Wingull and Pelipper chirped a happy (and annoying) tune. The air was crisp and cool, which would've been incredibly relaxing... If she didn't have to keep up with Nami. Mia was exhausted before they even made it halfway across the bridge, but after being bitten by Carvanha and battered by a tidal wave, who could blame her? She tried her best to stay near her, but it wasn't long before she slowed down greatly.

Luckily, tiredness wasn't the reason she slowed down. They stopped, in front of the gateway to the technological wonder known as Mauville City. "Welcome to Mauville City..." An attendant half-heartedly sighed, obviously bored out of his mind. "Wow... That was depressing. Why don't you try that again?" Mia responded, hoping to spark some passion into the man's tone. Instead, she received a scowl and a reply that seeped with hate and boredom. "Being happy isn't in my job description, lady." She scowled at his remark, disappointed that the people meant to invite travelers into their city were getting lazier and lazier.

As soon as she went out of the door, everything got a lot louder. People were charging past at ridiculous speeds, showing absolutely no concern for anyone in their way. "Normal day in Mauville..." Mia thought, while gazing at the towering skyscrapers."Since that guy did such a crap job at introducing the city, I think I'll do it myself." Mia rushed to an occupied bench, which she stood on top of. "Welcome to the greatest city in all of Hoenn, Mauville City!" She triumphantly shouted, annoying everyone in her immediate region. Those who were sitting on the bench confusedly stared at her, which she responded to by cheerfully waving.

Sephear

Years

The return of Jeff Miles! This city... it should not... BE

That's right everybody! Our handsome nerdling hero is back! And finally near a place to get a badge! It's time for him to woo more ladies, eat more cheese and KICK MORE ASS! Get out of here before I murder you with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns with Moltres for their cores! Hey... no fair, haven't you ever watched a show with a narrator before, like the Powerpuff Girls? Narrator's can't argue with the threat of violence... even though you can't touch us, it's an unspoken rule. You little Richard you. AAAANYWAYS Jeff turned away from his beautiful view of the ocean when he heard Karly gasp, after all he must be ready to jump to the rescue if his damsel should fall into distress. What? I mean because he was curious about why she gasped. Shortly Jeff's gasp accompanied Karly's as he gaped at the city they were supposed to pick their way through somehow.

"H-how did I not see that already? Oh my... I-wow... I hope there are strong trainers to battle in there!" Jeff ran up besides Karly and had to resist the urge to bounce up and down like an excited child. "Come on let's go!" Before he realized what he was doing he reached for Karly's hand to lead her towards the city in his excitement, but he stopped just short. What the?... That would be wierd. D'oh. so close. Why Jeff... why do you fight me, I would make your life so much better. Anyone can see YOU aren't any master of managing it. And he started moving quicker across the bridge, not running of course, wouldn't want to leave Karly behind. I'm sure she could just catch u- YOU GO AT A PACE THAT WILL NOT LEAVE HER AND ALL HER BEAUTY NEAR HER BEHIND IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO BREAK A RULE AND GET YOU PUNTED INTO THE SEA. Hearing the threat of his biggest fear which he for some reason had NO doubt would come true, Jeff slowed da eff down and strolled across the bridge at a leisurely pace.

The more Jeff looked at the city as the pair walked towards it the less he understood it. "I uh... I'm sure will find our way, if there's anything I've learned from this journey it's that we won't be left alone for long before something happens. And that whoever controls fate is probably a jerk. I'm sure something will happen to get us where we need to be. I just can't wait to get some more battling in." Something occurred to Jeff and he got a big goofy smile on his face. "Do you think they might have any Contests in Mauville? I've always wanted to try a Contest. Romanov is more stylish than he looks." At this the Munchlax let out a happy "Lax!" from beside Jeff while they walked.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Romantically Forcing More Forceful Romance on Defenseless Characters
As Jeff sprung forward ahead of her, Karly was still in shock at the city, and also somewhat angry that the stupid map she had gave no help in navigating through it. Nonetheless, forced ahead by our sexy narrator Jeff's eagerness, she began to walk alongside him as the magically shrunken bridge led them into the bustling streets of Downtown Mauville.

Karly looked around, noticing a sign that listed numerous attractions as Jeff asked the question of whether contests existed in the city of existence. "Yes, I believe so. There's also a Gym Leader in this town by the name of Wattson. Hah, I get it." Well aren't you special, sweetheart? "There's also a crazy plethora of restaurants. Personally, I'm not that hungry, but if you want to get something, that's fine by me."

Ahh, our mistress is interested in a romantic date, eh? Oh come on... Darling, he will treat you like a princess. He'll even pay the check! Sometimes I wish I didn't have a brain. If you and Jeff aren't together by the end of this, I'll assume you don't. WILL YOU GET OUT OF MY HEAD ALREADY?!

Murderous thoughts aside, Karly turned to Jeff. "So, whatcha wanna do?"

Sephear

Years

No matter how hard sexy narrators push romance, pokemon need Pokemon Centers.

Our hero was silent for a moment as he pondered just what they should do first. "Well I am kinda hungry. Maybe we should get some foo - OH!" What? Did you just have an amazing idea to spend a lot of money on taking her out to a dinner who's beauty would only be beaten by her own? Sweep her off her feet and turn this journey to be champion into a romantic trip around the world? "We should really get to a Pokecenter, Romanov and Rodrigo have been through multiple battles with nothing to recuperate but berries." Jeff's concern for his pokemon completely overrode self preservation, so he didn't bother to mention that after: running/slipping down a steep mountain so fast, half drowning, and then half drowning again while being hurtled through a current. The boy was sore all over and so exhausted he might not be able to go on much further without a break... WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PUSH TWO TEENAGERS TOGETHER?!? Their hormones should be doing all the work for us!

When they made it to the entrance Jeff walked right past the gloomy greeter, he was far too excited to pay any attention to someone depressing. "It shouldn't be too hard to find the Pokemon Center, it's practically the most important part of any city."

Jeff stopped dead when he heard a loud call "Welcome to the greatest city in all of Hoenn, Mauville City!" He turned towards the semi-familar voice and noticed two of the girls who had been teleported by Brotad earlier, the one who'd shouted was standing on a bench.

"Well look who it is." He tossed back at Karly. "I wonder how we missed each other." He cupped his hands in front of his mouth and called out to them. "Hey guys! Looks like you beat us here, I need to get to a Pokecenter, my poor team could use a break."

Last edited:

YellowGardevoir

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Nami Tange

"Well look who it is," Nami heard. She turned, and saw Jeff standing a short distance away. "I wonder how we missed each other." He cupped his hands in front of his mouth and called out to Mia and Nami. "Hey guys! Looks like you beat us here, I need to get to a Pokecenter, my poor team could use a break."

"The Pokemon Center is over that way," she said, pointing toward the other side of town. "I could take you there if you want, my team could use some healing up as well." Nami started walking toward the Pokemon Center. She turned and called over her shoulder, "Oh, and you can come if you want Mia. And you too, Karly."

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
After finishing her extravagantly incredible introduction, which would induce tears in even the manliest of children, Mia quickly noticed that her friend wasn't exactly listening to her. Instead, Nami was off talking to a completely unfamiliar guy and a slightly familiar girl. "Hey guys! Looks like you beat us here, I need to get to a Pokecenter, my poor team could use a break." The boy shouted through cupped hands. 'He's... interesting' Mia thought, concerned for his companion's sanity.

After receiving a round of imaginary applause, Mia back flipped hopped off the bench, preparing to greet the two possible friends. As she got closer, Mia started noticing finer details about the two. However, after being briefly distracted by the guy's height, hair colour and Munchlax, Mia turned her attention to the girl. At first glance, nothing in particular stood out about her. However, upon further examination, Mia spotted a few damp patches dotted around her body. "Hmm..." She... Hmm'd, continuing to close in on the two.

Then Mia realised something, she herself was also soaked. This girl was either caught in the catastrophic meteor strike and consequential Tidal wave or she just so happened to go swimming in her clothes. If she was, maybe she could enlighten Mia on the mysteries of the event. Nami turned looked towards Mia, offering ..."Oh, and you can come if you want Mia. And you too, Karly." Mia immediate accepted her proposal, moving towards Karly immediately. After idly walking towards the Pokemon Centre for a while, Mia finally spoke to the girl.

"You didn't happen to get caught in any extreme weather, did you?" Great way to break the Ice, Mia...

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Seth: Witness the Weedle Revolution, and as a result run for the hills
Boat -> Isle De Fairnorth

It's a long walk.

He finds himself traversing the deep woods. Some moments ago, a bunch of Natu were looking at him strangely. As if he had done something wrong, and if this narrator so chooses, also looking like they were going to beat the life outta him. He wanted to let out a cry of "I'm innocent!" but it would be both pointless and useless. So no. Instead, he continues to the point of where he's in the deep woods, hearing scrunches of leaves and suddenly...

It's also a trap.

As a multitude of both Weedle and Caterpie, who both were natural rivals but were working together simply to detain the human cause, had created a web, Seth fell right into it. "N-no problem." He said, quietly, before tugging at the strings. "What... no wait this a-"

He let out an ear-splitting shriek as a multitude of birds ran away. Yeah, that's right! You don't mess with- oh wait, he's still stuck. Gee thanks, captain obvious. "Low, get me out of here!" Sadly, the Taillow is far too busy bringing down the apocalypse in Weedle-town, and he shuffles nervously with a pale face. Spiders?! Are you serious?! Yes, of course, why wouldn't I be? Good god. Infinitely cursing himself for falling in such an obvious trap, Seth begins to wriggle, but it's completely useless. Might as well be trying to... You're out of metaphors, aren't you? Can you stop pretending you hear the narrator- uh, I mean, a narrator? Sure thing. If you get me out of here. Yeah, sure.

Psyche.

Half an hour later, the apocalypse has ended. In a world once brimming in life, the fainted reign. Many low-leveled residents have perished, and the few residents left have evacuated to deeper tunnels. Only because of the red bird that decided he wanted a snack. And in fact, there may or may not be a Weedle in his belleh at that very moment. But that's not important. What's important is that the Weedle Resistance is there, and insistent to stop him. To take him down. To show him that they will not stand for the natural roles, and that the prey will overcome the predator. It is an uprising, in any case. Even if the only casualty was one. Or two.

Seth hangs from his web. It's just infinitely too sticky, and he tries to shuffle; but he is unable and fails. His head hangs as he gives up... until he remembers his sacred, final weapon. The power... of the buttered toast. He is in such a position that he can take it out, but barely- his hand falls limp to his side as he holds it out. And some twenty yards away, a Taillow catches it's scent, knowing it too well. And he remembers that Seth is still his trainer, and also that Weedle don't taste that great, anyways. And thus he gets up and flies away, as the Weedle Resistance finally makes it out of it's tunnels to find... Absolutely nothing.

The bird flies into the blonde's palm, as it begins to eat the heck out of the toast, eventually realizing that Seth needs to get out of his web to enjoy the Weedlpocalyse as well. Yes, totally, and as Seth looks on, relieved, Taillow pecks the sticky string and his trainer collapses, exhausted. Picking himself up, he eats a protein bar, as well as another one. "Thanks." The Taillow then tugs at it's trainer's shirt, so that it will be able to witness his victory. Which, since it's about 60 feet away, the Taillow finds. With difficulty. And as Seth is proud of his Pokemon's victory, his Taillow is hit by a Poison Sting.

The Weedle grins. "We have found our target."

Seth's eyes grow wide as he sees his Taillow get hit, and orders a counterattack with Peck. But as he turns around, he faces a crud-ton of Weedle, all looking at him. "Damn." And with this, Low and Seth quickly run to the hills. Very quickly. Eventually finding themselves on top of a mountain as well as losing the Weedle Resistance, Seth finds that Low is not hurt, although poisioned, and feeds him an Oran Berry he had found earlier on their walk. However, it is half-eaten, which is semi-ironic if you were in the orig- oops.

ANYWAYS. Low eats the berry without contracting any form of strange disease, and Seth sits on a particularly large rock. After a short rest, he gets up to realize that there is a unique Pokemon in front of him. It is not just any Cubchoo. It is the son of Brycen's Beartic itself... or one of it's many sons, as shown by the strange birthmark on it's side, shaped like a spade. It's small, but he is certain. And this is, without a doubt in his mind, the rarest kind of catch.

"Let's rock, Low!" It snaps out of it's semi-daze thinking about it being the amazingly awesome apocalypse-bringer, and gets ready to battle... wait. It looks at it's trainer. "Yeah, I do realize it's an ice-type, but c'mon! You're better than that."

The Cubchoo positions itself, ready to bring down the Tinyswallow Pokemon, and before Seth can call anything, dishes out an Ice Punch. Due to Low's speed, it misses, but Low is still shocked, and so is Seth. Of course, if this truly is one of the sons of Brycen's Beartric, it would have this move... but still!

"Low, counter this with Peck!" The Pokemon swoops in and attacks with it's beak a couple of times on the Cubchoo's head, which results in a lot more flailing around than anything. The Cubchoo uses Powder Snow, which makes a huge amount of sense more than it did before, and hits the Taillow with an attack certainly worth mentioning, as it's thrown back from it's previously high perch.

This doesn't discourage Seth, but only makes him more pumped to catch it. "Growl!" The Taillow makes an attempt to lower the attack of the Cubchoo, which strangely... works. Full of itself, the Cubchoo uses Bite on the Taillow, only reeling out a bit of pain. But it makes the Taillow mad. Without Seth having to say anything, it performs the move Brave Bird on the Cubchoo, making it slide a bit far. And if you're wondering, Ice is not resistant to Flying, making the hit as pertinent as it ever would've been.

And so, Seth makes his move, throwing a PokeBall and anxiously crossing his fingers. Flying is weak to Ice, so if this doesn't work, I'm positively screwed.

Back