• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I'm making an Devil Survivor RP based on Shin Megami Tensei series, it has spells, magic, demons and questions on religious morality, myths etc, and yeah with twists and all.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Luigi-a: I know, you adore HP XD

Rabbit: I wouldn't say all of the action necessarily. Your character could still be on the Quidditch team (should they tryout), they would experience when the Death Eaters take over Hogwarts, stuff like that. I was also thinking that maybe closer to the 5th year, your characters can befriend Harry and go on some of his adventures. Not all, just a couple like going to the Ministry and battling the Death Eaters...Just to add a bit more to the RP.

I could also incorporate a reason for the character's family/themselves to be on the hitlist as well. Or I guess I could just have a completely new time, make a new Dark Wizard, and make the two characters (or more, if I don't do a one on one) the main heroes. I was just thinking it would be a bit easier to do to make it in Harry's time, only telling from different POVs.

Have you considered perhaps setting it after HP, when (don't open this if you haven't finished the Deathly Hallows)
Spoiler:

Where Voldy is long gone but a new threat is rising, and perhaps the Ministry is becoming corrupt and overbearing? I'd join a Harry Potter RP if it was good and I had enough time. =3
I'd probably join if it was Harry's time, too. Just an idea. ^_^

xX

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Luigi-a: I know, you adore HP XD

Rabbit: I wouldn't say all of the action necessarily. Your character could still be on the Quidditch team (should they tryout), they would experience when the Death Eaters take over Hogwarts, stuff like that. I was also thinking that maybe closer to the 5th year, your characters can befriend Harry and go on some of his adventures. Not all, just a couple like going to the Ministry and battling the Death Eaters...Just to add a bit more to the RP.

I could also incorporate a reason for the character's family/themselves to be on the hitlist as well. Or I guess I could just have a completely new time, make a new Dark Wizard, and make the two characters (or more, if I don't do a one on one) the main heroes. I was just thinking it would be a bit easier to do to make it in Harry's time, only telling from different POVs.

OR, if you respecting canon isn't your main goal, how running a House Sparklypoo roleplay? Sparklypoo is everyone's favourite house, even if they tell you they want to be Gryffindor. ;) Have all of the characters be ditzy Mary-Sues and load them with unrealistic challenges as a means to develop character! Yes indeedy.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
even if they tell you they want to be Gryffindor. ;)

Ha! Stuff that; I'm a Hufflepuff through and through, thanks!
I hereby totally claim a spot in Hufflepuff if there's going to be one in this possible RP. Oh yes, feel the Hufflepuff love.
A new house, eh? I've never even considered it! XD

xX

Years
Ehh, I'm not much into the Sparklypoo Mary Sue stuff. I don't care if you have no idea what a Mary Sue is and then accidentally create one, 'cuz I did that myself, but if you do...I'm not going to purposefully have people make Mary Sues, because I can't stand them. And I have such a full RP schedule now (along with school), I don't think the RP will be up for a while, but I'm going to definitely keep it in mind.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
Years
Hey there everyone, I'm dropping in to the roleplay discussion thread with a little
something to say, so get ready to start reading~

Kay, so I have a very active imagination and have the ideas necessary to make essentially an entire new pokemon generation complete with new gym leaders, a new professor, new items, new pokemon, and more. However, I can't make games or hacks which leaves me with the choice of a forum text roleplay that I could use my ideas in. However, I'm not sure how many people would enjoy a chapter-based roleplay where you start from scratch and use fakemon, so I would like to hear the input of some of the active users visiting this thread on the subject. So, what'll it be, should I submit this new roleplay (although it may take a while for me to do so), or not? Please discuss.~

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Hey there everyone, I'm dropping in to the roleplay discussion thread with a little
something to say, so get ready to start reading~

Kay, so I have a very active imagination and have the ideas necessary to make essentially an entire new pokemon generation complete with new gym leaders, a new professor, new items, new pokemon, and more. However, I can't make games or hacks which leaves me with the choice of a forum text roleplay that I could use my ideas in. However, I'm not sure how many people would enjoy a chapter-based roleplay where you start from scratch and use fakemon, so I would like to hear the input of some of the active users visiting this thread on the subject. So, what'll it be, should I submit this new roleplay (although it may take a while for me to do so), or not? Please discuss.~

I think you've posted in the wrong discussion thread...this is for non-Pokemon roleplays.

Anyhow, I would not be excited to see a new journey RP, fakemon or not. I think they're boring as bread rolls. We need some new ideas, not a rehash of the games.

Why do you want to make the characters start from scratch and battle all the gyms? Why not create a completely unique plot?

killet513

Death the Kid
Years
I agree with Rabbit, make the RPers do sothing else instead of mak them play a new game, but typing it. So, all in all it's a bad idea sorry. If you would, please checl out my RP The Mystery of the Dragon.

Last edited:

XxAzaliaxX

n00b hack trainer
Years
Fruits Basket RP? :D

I'm a fairly new face around these parts : D but I have discovered the RP section of the PokeCommunity. I was overjoyed (of course) I decided on a whim.... that I would make a Fruits Basket RP.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...
Fruits Basket is a story about a girl finding a family that is under a very strange curse. This curse turns one of the Sohma's into one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Not everyone turns into an animal though. Thirteen "lucky" souls have the spirit of the zodiac living inside them (please note that the cursed can't speak to the zodiac spirit. It's the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Boar and Cat.

The Cat though is not included in the Zodiac as a member, because the Rat tricked the Cat into thinking that the banquet everyone was invited to was held on a different day. "God" then decided that The Cat would not participate in the Zodiac banquet again. "God" also cursed the cat with another transformation, when the beds from the previous cat were removed from his wrists, he would transform into a horrible monster.

In all there are 14 cursed Sohmas, including the God, and the Cat. The God though, cursed with the burden of carrying the weight of the curse, has very bad health. Some of the other Zodiac members also have bad health.

The Sohmas turn into their Zodiac animal (except God) when hugged by a person of the opposite gender, or when they're really weak.

Tohru befriends the Sohmas pretty easily, and through a series of events, she breaks them free from the curse. True Love is what breaks the curse.

In my RP, it would be a what if scenario What if the curse hadn't been broken and a new generation of Sohmas was cursed?

Anyways I wanted to know if anyone would be interested xD I don't want to make it, and it turns out that I get no one to join.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
Years
The Voice of The North Wind is Re-vamped. I hope to run a Very Serious RP (words are courtesy of Rabbit, thank you) with lots of intense social interaction!

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
Years
I'm a fairly new face around these parts : D but I have discovered the RP section of the PokeCommunity. I was overjoyed (of course) I decided on a whim.... that I would make a Fruits Basket RP.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...
Fruits Basket is a story about a girl finding a family that is under a very strange curse. This curse turns one of the Sohma's into one of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. Not everyone turns into an animal though. Thirteen "lucky" souls have the spirit of the zodiac living inside them (please note that the cursed can't speak to the zodiac spirit. It's the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, Boar and Cat.

The Cat though is not included in the Zodiac as a member, because the Rat tricked the Cat into thinking that the banquet everyone was invited to was held on a different day. "God" then decided that The Cat would not participate in the Zodiac banquet again. "God" also cursed the cat with another transformation, when the beds from the previous cat were removed from his wrists, he would transform into a horrible monster.

In all there are 14 cursed Sohmas, including the God, and the Cat. The God though, cursed with the burden of carrying the weight of the curse, has very bad health. Some of the other Zodiac members also have bad health.

The Sohmas turn into their Zodiac animal (except God) when hugged by a person of the opposite gender, or when they're really weak.

Tohru befriends the Sohmas pretty easily, and through a series of events, she breaks them free from the curse. True Love is what breaks the curse.

In my RP, it would be a what if scenario What if the curse hadn't been broken and a new generation of Sohmas was cursed?

Anyways I wanted to know if anyone would be interested xD I don't want to make it, and it turns out that I get no one to join.

That would be pretty cool man! What would happen?

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Dunno, mate. Sorry!

I have an idea I want to chuck out there to see if anyone would like it. It's loosely based on some of the ideas present in the Percy Jackson series, but you need not have read the books to understand the RP. I haven't even finished reading Lightning Thief myself, so for now the only thing similar is that there's a camp place where the demigod children of the Olympic gods and mortals meet up to hone their skills and stuff. The RPers will play characters that either have only just found out that they're demigods, between the ages of fourteen and twenty-five (perhaps just 14-19. I'm not sure yet). The RP itself will be PG-15/16.
The plot'll probably be something to do with the evil characters from Ancient Greek Mythology banding together and rising up to take over the world and stuff. I'm not quite sure yet.
Obviously, at least decent knowledge of Ancient Greek Mythology will be preferable.

What do you lot think? Good? Bad? Something you'd be interested in?
xX

Years
I'd be really interested in the Percy Jackson-type RP. Of course, my views on Greek mythology are...well, I suppose you could say a little whacky. Haha, so that could be...awkward? Bad? I'm not sure...

I was thinking of making an RP loosely based off of X/1999...except it'd be focused on 2012 (ye gods, it hurts me to choose that date but it's good for...end of the world type dates nowadays). I was also going to incorporate some Aztec and Mexica spirituality that I've been learning about, as well as some Western magic. It'd be more focused on character development, though, and end up straying very far from the X/1999 series (I haven't finished the manga series, and the movie kills me...kills me).

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
should I post the roleplay OOC when I post the roleplay thread, or when it's accepted?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Anyone down for doing a Marvel Universe Type Rpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back