• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my NU team

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
I've been using this NU team for a little while on the Smogon server, with mixed results. I would really appreciate some feedback on I need to do to improve my team.

Spr_5b_115.png

Kangaskhan (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Return
- Earthquake Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Usually doesn't last very long. Her role is to get out there, Fake Out, and try to take out anything it can with its 153 Base Power Returns.

Spr_5b_131.png

Lapras (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Return

Lapras is pretty situational, actually. It's best to switch in on an attack it resists, force a switch, and Sub or DD.

Spr_5b_114.png

Tangela (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

A pretty great wall. If it can sleep and Leech Seed the opponent, it can be very difficult to take down, even for special attackers.

Spr_5b_348.png

Armaldo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

Can take a hit and spin away rocks or set up rocks of its own. With Tailwind boost, it can take out one or two Pokemon with its powerful STABs.

Spr_5b_467.png

Magmortar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body Vital Spirit
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

The cannon of my team. While slow, it has powerful coverage moves and enormous Special Attack. It can be a great revenge killer with Tailwind boost.

Spr_5b_277.png

Swellow (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- U-turn

The pride and joy of my team. It's pretty much a normal Guts Swellow except for one trick up its sleeve. While perfectly capable of sweeping teams on its own, when it's nearly defeated, I like to pull out the somewhat gimmicky Tailwind, which turns slow and powerful Pokemon like Armaldo and Magmortar into speedy killers.

Thanks. =)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Earthquake and Drain Punch are redundant together on Kangaskhan. Use Sucker Punch over EQ so it has a priority move against faster opponents.

Back