• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shinies in R/S/E

Years
Okay, I am completely unsure if I've EVER, EVER run into a shiney Pokemon in my Emerald but I have seen a shiny Pokemon and caught it on my Ruby.
Fffp, yes this is one of my long stories. FLUFFIN DEAL WITH IT

I was in Granite Cave and I had just finished talking to Steven in the cave. I was looking for any random items in the rocks in the chamber when there obviously weren't. I was getting ready to leave and i was right near the doorway when a wild zubat appeared. I was like, "Oh, jeez. Another one ag-ching-HOLY CRAP HVHJJFTYD"
A shiney zubat appeared! I swear my heart skipped at least two beats. I was freaking out and trying to be quiet too because everyone was in bed, lol. ANYWAYS, I immediately threw a Great Ball. It rocked 1 time, then the zubat popped right out. Ching, again. I slapped myself. Was this really happening? Was I having a dream? No. I brought out my Surskit, lvl 12, and used Bubble, which crashed down its HP to about a half an inch. I threw a Poke ball and it was caught.
Have you ever encountered a shiny on the gem games? Tell about it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I encountered like 3 I think in the 3rd gen main series games. A Poochyena, Wingull and a Geodude. All pretty common Pokemon to my dismay. But you can't complain if it's a shiny I suppose.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Tragic Story, prepare to cry!

I was about 8 years old. I had one of my first pokemon games. Ruby. I just beat May and on Route 1 was a SHINY POOCHYENA! However, I'll give you time to think. Beat May. Going to the lab... I didn't have pokeballs. I had beat it and never saw another., legitimate, shiny...

Years
The first shiny that I ever caught, not just R/S/E, was a shiny Shroomish in the Petalburg Woods. I don't even remember doing it, but years later, I found it sitting in my PC right before I was planning to restart my game. I ended up trading it to my Fire Red, and later my HeartGold, where it is currently a Breloom.

The other shiny Pokemon I caught in Sapphire was a Heracross in the Safari Zone. I had back luck with a shiny Paras in the Fire Red Safari Zone, so I wasn't about to let this Heracross go. I threw about 3 or 4 Pokeblocks at it before using Safari Balls, and on about the sixth try, I caught it. It was also migrated to my HeartGold, where it is one of my most powerful Pokemon right now.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Never encountered a shiny in R/S/E, but I caught a Shiny Pidgey on Route 1 in Leaf Green almost immediately after getting my PokeBalls (no joke - it was the second one I saw!). Only legit non-plot shiny I have ever encountered. Hoping I see another one soon...

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
On My First Run Of Emerald I Found A Shiny Poochyena......With No PokeBalls.....I Cried because i was only 7
:(

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
Only one shiny I have found in pokemon Sapphire a shiny wurmple in petalburg woods.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I've found Shiny Skarmory at the Route around Fallarbor!
I weakened it but it's critical hit. So it's fainted.

It's very bad critical...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The first shiny I found was a Whismur in Ruby. I thought it was diseased, so I wanted to help it. XD I don't have it anymore though. It's the only shiny I've found in Gen III though. I have a shiny Mightyena (Sunkist) and Spinda (Key Lime) on my Emerald though, traded from my cousin and brother respectively. For a Bagon holding a Master Ball... :P I know, I'm awesome.

Years
Even though my Sapphire's internal battery is dead, I've still managed to find some shinies. (and pokerus (lucky me!) which is weird since I've restarted the game many times)

I found a shiny female bold natured machop in fiery path, a shiny male machop on the route 111 (I think) and a shiny male naughty natured wurmple in the petalburg woods. (now a Dustox)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
The only shiny I've encountered in a 3rd gen game (and funnily enough my latest shiny too) was a shiny Shuppet in Mt. Pyre. :D I was really happy since I'd found 2 shinies in fourth gen games and none so far in anything prior to that (bar the shiny Gyardos and the egg that is more likely to give a shiny in Pokemon G/S/C.)

oooDrakeooo

Golden Dragon
Years
I found shiny Roselia in Emerald, so even Emerald has some shinies =D

But how? Roselia can't be found in the wild on Pokémon Emerald.

I once found a wild shiny Gulpin, and since I didn't like that Pokémon very much, I killed it. xD
Some time later, I found a shiny Geodude doing Rock Smash to the north of Mauville, and a shiny Electrike. I tried to catch it, but I accidentaly killed it, so... My only captured shiny was that golden Geodude :D

Of course this didn't happen on the same gameplay!

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
I have never in my life found a single shiny pokemon. It is kind of annoying because I really want to catch one, but they seem to avoid me.

Years
I have never in my life found a single shiny pokemon. It is kind of annoying because I really want to catch one, but they seem to avoid me.

I felt the same way but I found one so don't worry, you will eventually see one :D I caught a shiny Electrode on my Sapphire version (first shiny I had legitimately found!) and I have a shiny Crobat on my Emerald. I have run into a shiny Zangoose on my Ruby before but defeated it with a critical hit T.T

Back