• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: GIMP to APE (Advance Map format) palette converter

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
GO HERE: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303594

Hello everyone!

Do you have problems with importing palette files in AdvanceMap? And are you the unlucky non-Photoshop user? With my program you will be able to use GIMP palette files in AdvanceMap :)

The most universal format for palette files is .act (AdobeColorTable). You can easy export palette file and import it to AdvanceMap. Unfortunately this file format is reserved ONLY for Photoshop - that's a really sad information for GIMP users :( GIMP has .gpl file format but it's incompatible with AdvanceMap.

Because of that I decided to make an easy-to-use GIMP to AdvanceMap .gpl converter.

Just drag your GIMP palette file on exe icon and it's done :)

The converter file can be used in AdvanceMap as APE palette (but it's not compatible with HackMew's AdvancePaletteEditor).

NOTE: The program will convert only first 16 colors of the palette file (that's why you should have 16 colors palette :))

If you have any questions feel free to write in the comments :)

Sorry for my bad english anyways

EDIT:
This tool might be of a help for some people, for unfortunately not for me though.
I realized that, so I decide to make a much better version :)

New version of my program is now under the development!

I'm currently making a better program that will support much more formats:
1. AdobeColorTable (.act)
2. AdvanceMap (.pal)
3. AdvancePaletteEditor (.gpl)
4. GIMP (.gpl)
5. IrfanView (.pal)
6. VisualBoyAdvance/TileMolester Alternate (.pal)

Current progress:

INPUT FILES:
1. AdobeColorTable (.act) (SUPPORTED)
2. AdvanceMap (.pal) (SUPPORTED)
3. AdvancePaletteEditor (.gpl) (SUPPORTED)
4. GIMP (.gpl) (SUPPORTED)
5. IrfanView (.pal) (SUPPORTED)
6. VisualBoyAdvance/TileMolester Alternate (.pal) (SUPPORTED)

OUTPUT FILES:
1. AdobeColorTable (.act) (SUPPORTED)
2. AdvanceMap (.pal) (SUPPORTED)
3. AdvancePaletteEditor (.gpl) (SUPPORTED)
4. GIMP (.gpl) (SUPPORTED)
5. IrfanView (.pal) (SUPPORTED)
6. VisualBoyAdvance/TileMolester Alternate (.pal) (SUPPORTED)

I won't upload the program until I finish. Then I delete this post and make a new one :)

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
This tool might be of a help for some people, for unfortunately not for me though.

The most universal format for palette files is .act (AdobeColorTable). You can easy export palette file and import it to AdvanceMap. Unfortunately this file format is reserved ONLY for Photoshop - that's a really sad information for GIMP users GIMP has .gpl file format but it's incompatible with AdvanceMap.

Charakter maker 1999 which is free saves you palettes as .act too which are easy loadable into a-map.
Just as a info

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Stay tuned because I'm going to release much more functional tool (check out the EDIT selection).

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
Wow, I've had this issue for years of not getting the palletes quite straight.
Now that I am getting back into Advance roms this makes life a lot easier. Thank you.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
If it is possible, please delete this thread because I finished my new program :)

Back