• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprite to eXcite

Years
sdahM.png

PokéCommunity 10th Anniversary Get-Together
Sprite to eXcite

Spriting Rules!

As this is a spriting event, there are a few rules which apply to all images submitted as to ensure that they can be classified as 'pixel art' along with being in a state that can be adequetely judged:

Spoiler:

Competition #1 - Repose

Spoiler:

Competition #2 - Item

Spoiler:

Competition #3 - Accessories

Spoiler:

Judging

Spoiler:

Prizes

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
Username: Limanya
Competition: Item-Race against Time
Artwork:
sA4R6.png

Description: The Time Hourglass can be equipped by Celebi or Dialga, and when equippend they have a chance to attack twice in a turn.

Username: Limanya
Competition: Accesoires-Steal the Limelight
Artwork:
D0moR.png

Description: Meloetta's cosplaying?! Indeed, she's wearing Feferi's skirt! Beads in hair and flower sold seperately.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Liymanya

Spoiler:

Thanks for that little change!
Approved :)

Spoiler:

Approved! :)

Last edited:

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
Username: Punnagg
Competition: Eeveelutator
Artwork:
TheEeveeWatch.png

Description: Its a watch given to hold to eeveelutions to increase their stats by a little. It contains all eeveelutions colours i.e. the nos on watch are red for Flareon, hands are blue for Vaporeon, watch is yellow for Jolteon, outline is black for Umbreon, centre is purple for Espeon & the decorations in clock are for Leafeon & Glaceon.

Last edited:
Years
Punnagg

Spoiler:

You've saved this as a .JPG file, which destroys the pixel quality and increases the colours. Also, it appears to have no connection to time. Read the first post.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Also, Punnagg, you could just tweak your description to incorporate time so your don't have to re-sprite it.
So, all you have to do is save the file as a PNG and alter the description a bit and you'll be approved ;)

PM or VM either me or Spherical Ice if you have any more questions :)
Good Luck!

Years
Username: EonNeo
Contest: #2- Item
Description: The Brocken Clock prevents the opponent to attack when the Pokemon that is equipped with it enter the battle. It can be used once a battle.
Artwork:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Username:Retribution
Contest: #2- Item
Artwork:
2h5nxhw.png

Description: This held item is a futurist weapon that boosts the power of special-type moves by 10%.

Username: Retribution
Contest: #3 - Accessories
Artwork:
34r7y9u.png

Description:
Featuring a funky Blaziken with his hilariously posh outfit; sporting a spiffy top hat, a funky flashy cane and a "Oh, I say" monocle.
----
Wow, the pixel art competition is definitely different to last years. xD I have to admit, I did kinda struggle. xD I also originally had an idea for a weapon that allows every move to be a priority move (that kinda incorporates time xD) at the cost of always enduring recoil damage. XP I wonder if I've given anyone my idea...? xD Anyway, thanks -Ty- and Spherical Ice for hosting btw.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
EonNeo

Spoiler:

Approved! :)

Retribution

Spoiler:

Approved!

Spoiler:

Approved!

Thanks, we tried to give the competition a different direction; thanks for the great entries :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Competition: #2
Artwork:
YGyRc.png

Description: This item uses the power of stored time to raise the holder's Defence and Special Defence by two stages each for the duration of any two-turn move, with the stat increases disappearing at the beginning of the turn after the move is fully completed. Includes moves such as Solar Beam, Skull Bash, Dig, Fly, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, etc. Does not apply if these moves are shortened to one turn (eg sun speeding up Solar Beam) as no time is being stored.

I intend to enter the other two contests later but right now I'm completely stuck for ideas on them both haha. I spent ages adding accessories to Gardevoir but none of them really fitted the theme so yeah... I'll try those again later in the week :)

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
AlexOzzyCake

Spoiler:

Approved!

Also, Gardevoir would be a nice choice for the third challenge; good luck on putting it all together :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Spoiler:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
vaporeon7
Spoiler:

Approved!
It's hard to believe there isn't a dispensable healing item that regenerates over a several turns. Cool idea.

Also to everyone else, thanks for the entries.
Remember the themes are open to interpretation.
If you look at "futuristic" in a star-wars kind of way, spriting style change, or by the change in the Pokemon's attire/attitude it doesn't matter. As long as you give a bit of explanation you can really interpret the theme in numerous ways.

Remember to PM either myself or Spherical Ice if you have any questions.
Have Fun!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
My last entry. :D

Username:Retriution
Contest: #1 - Repose
Artwork:
28hk10z.png

Description: Well, as you can see the proportions of Pokemon have certainly become more 'realistic'. So yeah, here's a dinosaur-like Charmander. I changed a lot of the proportions, the whole sprite is completely scratch, minus the palette from the B/W Charmander sprite and I made some changed (smaller eyes, larger nostrils, the fire on the tail comes up the tail more, sharper talons and nails on the toes to name just a few.)
Also, some people compare Agumon to Charmander. I did kinda make Charmander look A LOT like a Digmon, haha. xD

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Please, don't kill me, I had this crazy idea and just HAD to make it..
I don't believe I can get a good score for this, but I couldn't stop myself for sharing this xD

Username: BZW Golem
Competition: 1
Artwork:
Spoiler:

Description: This is how all the Tepigs will end!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Retribution

Spoiler:

Approved, nice take on style!

BZW Golem

Spoiler:

Approved...but you are mean bahaha!

Everyone, please enter more of your sprites; time is running out :)

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Competition # 1 Repose

Username: Nintendork 15
Sprite:
bulbasaur___revamp_by_nintendork15-d5fgx6s.png

A repose of bulbasaur, made to look more like the R/B sprite, but in the good ol' B/W Style and colours.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Here is my submission for Competition #1: (All are scratched)

Username: MidnightShine
Competition: #1: Repose
Artwork:
4vdO2.png

Description: After living with Gastly's for numerous years, Rotom has decided to take a change & try how Gastly's live. After transformation, this is what Rotom came up with. It's damn proud of itself & currently living in this form.

I will submit my other works tom (UTC +8, currently 7:03 p.m.)

Last edited:
Back