• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
Years
I am going to start an ultimate solo run with Rage the Bulbasaur->Ivysaur->Venusaur (hacked in all but fire red) and will go in the order of:
Fire Red -> Silver -> Emerald -> Diamond.

I am going to be doing this along with my Over Used challenge but will try to update regularly.

EDIT:

I have just beaten Koga and Rage is really strong. My HM Slaves keep leveling up thanks to those darn double battles included in the game.

Rage:
Pokemon-FireRed_03.png

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
I'd like to do an ultimate Yanma run (Is it okay if I evolve it to Yanmega in the 4th gen game(s)?)

I'll start in LeafGreen.

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Hmmm it seems there's gonna be a problem with soloing in black and white, apparently(this being said on serebii) you aren't able to trade until after you receive the c gear, which is recieved after completing the first gym, this means that you wont be able to trade in eggs or whatever. So someone like me who likes to trade in eggs for these challenges will probably have to emulate the games/cheat whatever.

Anyway I'm nearly finished in sinnoh so expect some logs up soon.

tachikaze316

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
-Started with Charmander (Sorry, I don't know of any starter changers) so my rival's starter wasn't weak/super effective against Yanma
-Got Oak's Parcel
-Caught Buggy the Clo-erm, Yanma.
-Dropped Charslave in the PC.
-Grinded in Viridian Forest to Lv 12
-Beat up Gary
-More Grinding!
-Challenged Brock at Lv.17
-Had to use double-team spam due to the insanely bad defensive stats+ 4x Rock weakness, SonicBoom was awesome here.
1Pokemon-LeafGreen-Copy2.png

-Headed to Cerulean City via Mt. Moon
-Brutalised Gary and the Nugget Bridge trainers
-Taught Buggy Secret Power
-Saved Bill from his own stupidity
-Went to the Gym
-Buggy wiped the floor with her team, Secret Power was a OHKO on Staryu and a 2HKO on Starmie
5Pokemon-LeafGreen-Copy2.png

-Headed south to Vermillion City
-Beat everyone on the SS Anne
-HM01 Get!
-Taught Charslave Cut
-Entered the Gym
-The secret switches were in the first 2 cans I checked...still beat all the trainers, 'cause I can.
-Surge was all OHKOs...with paralysis...and Buggy going first despite being paralyzed :D
7Pokemon-LeafGreen-Copy2.png

Last edited:

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
Years
I have completed the kanto part of my Venusaur ultimate solo, and here is my Elite Four log:
Spoiler:

Pre E4 Rage:
Pokemon-FireRed_05.png

Post E4 Rage:
Pokemon-FireRed_06.png

Hall of Fame:
Pokemon-FireRed_08.png

The Johto Challenge!

I edited my starter to Bulbasaur, and started, using the speed up function in VBA, I have four badges and just need a surfing pokemon.

Rage:
SilverSolo_01.png

I may update later or tomorrow.

Last edited:

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
As promised heres the sinnoh log for Kabuto:.
Spoiler:

Sinnoh, like Johto I find pretty boring(mostly becuase of the lack of a fast ford button lol) so this took a little longer then hoped.

Anyway that means that I'm done with my second Ultimate solo :D. Kabutops is a great Pokemon and I'm proud of my new group of them(there standing right next to my Metagross's who look a little jealous XD).

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
-Headed back to Cerulean City, stocked up on healing items and repels
-Went to Lavender Town via Rock Tunnel, taught Buggy Aerial Ace on the way
-Headed to Celadon City
-Swept through the gym with Aerial Ace
8Pokemon-LeafGreen-Copy2.png

-Taught Buggy Giga Drill..erm, Giga Drain
-Beat up Team Rocket, got the Silph Scope
-Buggy OHKO'd everything in Pokemon Tower. Except Marowak, that was a 2 hit job...
-Saved Mr. Fuji, Poke Flute get!
-Headed south to Fuchsia City, picked up Snorslave on the way
-Gym time!
-Aerial Ace, is there anything it can't solve? Well, not in this gym there wasn't.
*Sorry, I forgot to take a screenshot of Koga, same goes for Blaine*
-Picked up HM03, HM04 and TM47, taught the first 2 to Snorslave and Steel Wing to Buggy
-Headed back up Cycling Road,
-Got a cup of tea from an old lady in Celadon Mansion
-Damn guards stole my tea....oh well, time to beat up Team Rocket again
-Gary's Pidgeot actually gave me a bit of trouble this time around, f***ing featherdance, still won in the end
-Beat Giovanni again
-Headed to the gym, avoided all the trainers
-Swept with Aerial Ace
00Pokemon-LeafGreen-Copy2.png

-Rode back to Celadon to get HM02, caught a Doduo to teach it to
-Flew to Pallet Town
-Surfed to Cinnabar Island
-Got the Secret Key from the Mansion
-Gym time...
-This one took a while...a lot of KOs...and a lot of patience. His mons seemed to have a roughly ~90% accuracy with Fire Blast. Buggy's weakest stat is special defense...I was too annoyed to take a screenshot, sorry.
-Flew back to Viridian City
-Gym time!
-Swept with Aerial Ace and Giga Drain
01Pokemon-LeafGreen-Copy2.png

-Headed off to the Pokemon league, was overlevelled enough to OHKO most of Gary's team
-Beat Lorelei by sheer luck, yay crit Giga Drain.
-None of Bruno's fighting types could take an Aerial Ace, his Onixes didn't like Steel Wing
-Agatha's ghosts were no match for Aerial Ace
-Lance's team was a cakewalk, his Dragonite actually KOd itself...with a little help from Screech
-The champion battle was annoying, after several resets I decided to stop playing fair. I set up vs Pidgeot with X Attacks and Guard Specs (F***ing Featherdance!) and swept his entire team, OHKOs all around!
02Pokemon-LeafGreen-Copy2.png

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Update #5:

Spoiler:

Update #6:

Spoiler:

And so the first part of my challenge is over, now to move onto SS with a new Pikachu. Good times.

Last edited:

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
Years
I have done a log for my play through Johto from Morty to starting Kanto:

-I started by heading towards Olivine, catching a Tauros for Strength and Surf, defeating everyone.
-I climbed the lighthouse finding out that I need to go to Cianwood, so I took HM III the Tauros acroos the ocean, catching HM IIII the Tentacruel for Whirlpool and then grabbed the potion for Amphy.
-I destroyed Chuck with OHKO's but forgot to take a picture.
-Flew back on HM II the Pidgey with the new HM I got and climbed back up the lighthouse, then defeated Jasmine (forgot the picture again).
-Went to Mahogany and smashed up the Gyarados and Team Rocket.
-Defeated Pryce with no pic.
-Smashed Team Rocket in Goldenrod, and then went through Ice Cave and beat Clair and remembered the picture
SilverSoloClaire.png

-Went and grabbed my Master Ball and then headed to the league.
-After Victory Road, I destroyed my rival and then took on the league.
-Without any troubles and 3 Max Potion's, I took the title of Champion and headed to Kanto
SilverSolo_05.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I'm going to do a solo run on Pokemon Red with Meowth, I'll start now.

-Named myself Red and my rival Blue.
-Went to Oak and got a charmander.
-Beat Blue.
-Did Oak's errand.
-Hacked for my Meowth .
-Caught a level 4 meowth and named him Tiger.
-Grinded to level 10.
-Defeated my rival again.
-Passed Viridian Forest to pewter city.
-Tiger learned bite.
-Tryed to take on Brock but failed.

pokemonred.png

-Grinded Tiger to level 18.
-Defeated Brock.

pokemonred.png

Well it seems I'm tired and going to bed Tiger agrees too.

Last edited:

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
Years
I have accidentally deleted my last post, so I will post the pictures and post my newest one:
SilverSolo_06.png

SilverSolo_07.png

SilverSolo_08.png

Hoenn Log:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Name: Reshiram Man
Pokemon: Charizard( will be picked off from my nuzlocke challenge, right now it is a lvl. 34 Charmeleon.)
Game: FR

ADD MY NAME!

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Update #7:

-Named myself Silver & Rival Ginger
-Did all the start bit...
-Beat Ginger (before getting Pikachu)
-Traded egg over from Diamond and it hatched into Pichu (m) and I named him Static :D
-Did sprout tower
-Beat Faulkner and got the Zephyr badge

Now I'm about to go into the small cave, but there is a guy just before it with a wooper which I can't attack.. great.

Static/Pichu:
172.png

L16
Moves;
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder wave
-Thunder

tachikaze316

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Quick question regarding the Johto leg of my Yanma/Yanmega challenge.
I want to use my copy of Soul Silver (Yanma's movepool was terrible in gen 2) but I don't have any way of trading a Yanma in early, is it okay if I just use my starter for the first two gyms?

EDIT: I just realised I'd have to grind to level 37 in Crystal before I could take on my Rival in Azalea Town (Yay, Gastly) or the Ecruteak Gym which would take way too much of the challenge out of this so, seeing as I'd be unable to get a Yanma before Goldenrod (Also, 1% encounter rate) in SS, I'm just gonna drop out of the ultimate challenge.

Last edited:

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
Years
Venusaur Ultimate Solo Challenge

Hoenn Log:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
Update #5:

Spoiler:

Update #6:

Spoiler:

And so the first part of my challenge is over, now to move onto SS with a new Pikachu. Good times.

LOL you finished on level 81, which is the level Red's Pikachu has in GSC!

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
Years
Hoenn Log Part Seven - Liza and Tate

-I left the gym and got a phone call from my stalker, Scott, which creeped me out, as I wish he would leave me alone.
-I headed onto Route 120 and with a few battles, I proceeded South.
-Eventually I escaped the rain and realised that I was on Route 121, and headed east for a few more battles.
-While trecking through the Route, I encountered my old Shroomish lover stalking friends and watched them run South, probably in fear of Rage.
-I continued east toward Lilycove, and had a few more battled before I reached the great city.
-I saw May, so I went to speak to her which ended up with her losing a battle and returning to Littleroot.
-After wondering what to do, I remembered Team Aqua and decided to head down towards Mt Pyre.
-I headed up the tower for some battles and then headed outside because I heard some shouting, and there they were, Team Aqua.
-I met Archie and he was saying something about the crazy fire peoples leader getting there first and then ran off (never gives me chance to talk back).
-The old woman gave me a Magma Emblem, so I headed south on to Route 123 to have a few battles before I take on Team Magma again.
-I headed up to Mt Chimney and on my way down Jagged Pass a cave opened up, so I went inside.
-Inside was Team Magma and I charged through to find Maxie to see what he was doing inside a volcano that he has previously tried to erupt.
-I finally found him staring into a lava pit that had a massive beast of a pokemon that looked like a statue and suddenly the room went red and the pokemon disappeared from the mountain and then Maxie challenged me to a battle.
-His team went down to Rage pretty quickly, and he ran off and then I left to go back to Lilycove.
-I headed to Slateport to see the sights, but found Archie stealing Captain Sterns submarine.
-So I healed up and prepared to leave, but the area was sealed off, so I entered a cave and found Team Aqua.
-I found a whole secret base, which I expected to be Team Aquas, so I went to find Archie and destroy him finally.
-I defeated the admin, but I couldn't do anything but stand and watch as Archie escaped in Sterns submarine.
-I surfed over to Mossdeep because Team Aqua had gotten away this time and decided to challenge the gym.
-I challenged Liza and Tate, who were made a laughing stock of because of Razor Leaf destroying their pokemon easily.
EmeraldSoloLizaTate.png

EDIT: I will not be able to post any updates due to no internet for the next two weeks, but will continue my challenge.

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
LOL you finished on level 81, which is the level Red's Pikachu has in GSC!

What a coinceedink, I'm just special I guess :)

Anywho, I've attempted numerous times to defeat bugsy, however it always ends in failure because Static just doesn't like to evolve... He either has something against me or he just loves to stay useless as a Pichu. Everytime I battle Bugsy, he uses one u-turn and Static is done for. I'm going to need to grind him to at least level 28 to even stand a chance. Quite the catastrophe.

Kamitsure

Electric/Psychic/Dark/Ghost♥
Years
I'll do a solo challenge with Carvanha/Sharpedo on Sapphire, my first update will be up soon. :3

I'll hack Carvanha as my starter btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back