• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simcity 5 Coming Out 2013

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
The long awaited epic city builder simulation, Simcity makes a comeback. Fans out there were waiting and begging for years for a Simcity 5 and they were NOT let down. EA Announced a new Simcity (without 5) at the GDC Conference, which is currently developed by our beloved Maxis.
They also left us with an Announcment trailer, check it out below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztNWdhRdnw&feature=player_embedded

So, Simcity fans, CHEERS! Post your thoughts about the new sequel. What you like and what you fear, do you think a great future for this game? START POSTING :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Maybe this time around I could get into a Simcity. I've played it before but I feel like I'm just...not good enough at planning and I'm constantly doing damage control on my city till it all falls apart. xD

Years
I think there is something important to note...

"Images not representative of actual gameplay"

I like the look of it, but I will have to check it out a little more when we have more information; would love to get my hands on it though.​

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Maybe this time around I could get into a Simcity. I've played it before but I feel like I'm just...not good enough at planning and I'm constantly doing damage control on my city till it all falls apart. xD

Hmmmm...If you ask me, I am a bit scared. I am a casual player of Simcity, and as a fan, I have to say I LOVED Simcity 4, it was the best Simcity title. Then came Simcity Societies, where the calamity took place. From the trailer I have seen, the game looks quite a bit like Societies such that you build your City and it changes its theme according to what you build...which is ridiculous and horrible. Trust me, you DONT WANT TO PLAY ANYTHING LIKE SIMCITY SOCIETIES. If this new Simcity is gonna be much more like it, then expect it to fail.

However on the bright side, the whole Societies related features were not confirmed but hinted. The graphics looks beautiful and well polished. And for the first time ever, they are including MULTIPLAYER ( I know O_O)

So I shall wait, the trailer wasn't a good start, but I shall give it a chance. But one thing is certain, if the game mechanics are not like SC4, then this title wouldn't be anything great. Why don't they listen to the fan base for a change!!!!!

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I'm pretty excited about this! I used to play the crap out of Simcity 2(?) when I was younger with my cousins. We would always recreate Kanto or make our on regions in it for the hell of it.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Simcity is Simcity, I'm happy. And think about this if you don't like that this isn't real footage, would you rather have a trailer like that, or a bunch a buggy screenshots and not even close to complete gameplay?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Isn't Simcity more about the gameplay than the graphics as it stands anyway? This isn't meant to tell you how good the game will be in any way; it also doesn't show how complex it is or anything like that. Just meant to announce that it's coming.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Simcity is Simcity, I'm happy. And think about this if you don't like that this isn't real footage, would you rather have a trailer like that, or a bunch a buggy screenshots and not even close to complete gameplay?

Well, the point of the trailer is to showcase the concept no? So....I AM scared.

Years
Isn't Simcity more about the gameplay than the graphics as it stands anyway? This isn't meant to tell you how good the game will be in any way; it also doesn't show how complex it is or anything like that. Just meant to announce that it's coming.

It is true. It is one of the few games that have nothing to do with graphics, but in a industry that has such powerful graphical capabilities, better graphics go hand in hand. I know where you are coming from, but it just goes hand in hand now. :)

EITHER WAY, moving away from the point there, I have been thinking about the game and I am starting to get a bit excited for it. I enjoy games like this and I think it could be awesome.​

Years
I used to always suck at city management in Sim City, so I'd use cheats or custom content to balance my budgets. I still use them, but that's because I don't want to spend hours of my time just letting the simulation run so I can actually build something.

The first thing I'm hoping happens is truly curved roads. Which looks like it may be the case for once. And what I'd like to see is the continuation of the trends from the earlier installments such as increased numbers of features and gameplay options. And none of this DLC nonsense. And plenty of FREE tools to create content for the game, so the game has a lifespan well beyond what it would with EA's releases.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Speaking of DLCs, does that mean Modders will be limited. I mean, if Modders are given tools, DLCs would be kinda pointless, which ruins their whole plan. Does that means Simcity will not be Moddable ;( If so, then I believe the game will live short (without DLCs).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
SimCity 4 was a terrific game. After the game faded away while Maxis concentrated on the Sims and other SimCity spinoffs, fans picked up the slack with terrific realism and traffic modds that perfected the game further than the Rush Hour expansion pack did. Gave it a short extension of life.

Really glad to hear that SimCity is back. The SC4 Modds were good and all, but... really its been a long time since SimCity got an update. For a lot of people, playing Cities XL just wasn't the same.

I hope they do this right. It's a different era now. Don't go all Sims-like on it with twelve different expansion packs. One is enough, if that. What's important is the ability for fans to modify the game like they could with SC4.

Curved roads is an interesting an idea. I wonder how that can apply to zones, rather than just blank land.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I was only playing sim city 4 recently. I love these games and really can't wait for this new one.

I am hoping modding can still be done as modding is one thing I love about PC games. They often improve the game as did some simcity 4 mods making it last longer.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I haven't played Sim City in like years and all I can remember is spending hours on building a city just so I could wreck it with a tornado. Kinda like dominoes only you're less likely to ruin it part way through building it. Was disappointed with the trailer due to lack of tornadoes and possibly other natural disasters that could appear.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Took long enough and i was shocked it was made by EA Maxis instead of some random EA team Like the sims 3

You can pre order it here and there is also a Origin only Digital Deluxe Edition
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
According to this article, the game is absolutely designed to support mods. Something for which I am absolutely giddy.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72768/simcity-designed-to-support-mods?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#

Though I am displeased with the whole "Online Only" aspect, unless that just means that I have to have Origin installed to play (which I already am aware of), as I don't mind the Origin client at all. It's just as lightweight as the Steam client is, and just as simple to navigate, too, if not simpler.

And there also has apparently been footage of gameplay released, but I'm not finding it anywhere.

Considering development was stated to be roughly 30% of the way done, I'd say we've still got quite an upgrade in the graphics side of things still to come yet, and that's saying something considering how well it compares to its main competitor CitiesXL already.

blue

gucci
Years
Considering Sim City 4 was out years ago I didn't expect a Sim City 5 at all but I'm really eager about this game now! Also this is the first I've heard of it.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Same here.

I've never tried Spore, but I just hope it isn't as bad as it sounds. =\

Spore was a great game, don't get me wrong, but it was published by EA much like the Sims series is.

Spore is to this date the most pirated game ever mainly because of the DRM EA set on making it to where you can only install Spore 3 times in order to prevent piracy. They also require you to be online constantly if i'm not mistaken, which is bad for people who can't always be online.
For some reason the online requirements caused my cousin to lose all of his save data at one point as well, but I don't remember the entire story behind that.

Well, now that I think about it, if it turns out EA does set all these restrictions I guess everyone will just pirate it as well since the hackers know how to get rid of these restrictions. :P

Last edited:
Years
On paper, the online aspect is good, but when put into the hands of gamers... not so much.

It is seriously going to be a buy on release for me! :D​

Back