• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GTS Frustration

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
Has anyone else been searching for a pokemon they want on the GTS only to find 99% of people are requesting either Yveltal or Xerneas?

I'm currently hunting for a foreign Ditto and I swear its what everyone is requesting for their dittos! And if its not either of those two its a legendary pokemon that isnt even in either games or its one of those three recently discovered pokemon that are most likely events.

This whole thing has me constantly facepalming

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
Indeed

its annoying.

they also keep on asking for a pokemon that isnt capturable in the game (no pokebank yet zzz)

Years
Yeah, I feel you man I was searching the other day for a Petilil and a Kangaskhan then all the results show that they want Yveltal or Xerneas and I was like "Like I'd give my legendary -_-".

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
I found an option just now that lets you exclude people who are after special Pokemon. But now its people requesting things like the legendary birds, Pokemon that arent even in the game like you mentioned Drakath and absurd things like Florges and high level starters. Its like the GTS is just troll city

Kyeto

Pokemon Professor
Years
Same with me, keep seeing Mew and 2nd generation starters. But I keep laughing when I think of when the pokebank is up and how quickly they are going to change what they are wanting in exchange. Im so planning on getting a Xerneas for a Cyndaquil.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
Years
Yeah it's annoying. That's why I always do the "Show only Pokemon you have" or something like that.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I've stopped running searches for Pokemon on the GTS because of this. I just mass breed starters, Friend Safari Pokemon I've picked up, and get a few dozen fossils, then offer them up - I usually wind up getting what I'm after eventually. I just find it incredibly annoying people on the GTS could be so unbearably stupid...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I rarely ever seek pokemon for this reason. By depositing pokemon I'm more in control.

As said already it's going to be a goldmine as soon as pokebank opens for business. All those legendaries for Meowths and Feebas.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
I couldn't agree more! just recently, I'm encountering requests in GTS for legendaries that cannot possibly be in the game such as Ho-oh, Mew, Arceus, etc. Even though I heard about the online pokemon bank that will be opened in this December but this is ridiculous.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
People just keep making their request for some jokes in GtS :))
I'm just looking for a male Charmander, trade for my female one :P Anyone?

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
Years
This was the worst thing for me in Pokemon white and black 2 the hordes of i want a Reshiram or Zekrom Lv.1-10
and now it's starting here?
Seriously. I'm glad they have made a filter so you can see the one you want for pokemon you have.
But when you look for simple finds like weedle and fletchling they too are hounded with Yveltal and Xerneas.
It's just spam. You dont have to be a genius to know that no one is going to trade a Yveltal for a Bunnelby.
They do it to load the servers with junk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
I totally agree with you all... I have to say though, usually when I offer one up instead of searching I usually get what I'm after in about an hour or so.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
As a person trying to complete the pokedex, I find this annoying like everyone else.
Though I must confess, I did this as a joke once, (Lvl 1 squirtle for a xerneas) but I actually did get what I want.
So whenever I go through the GTS, I just think, someone out there is probably desperate enough to get your pokemon or get rid or their legendary.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
I think it has always been like that (at least for me lol) Even before Gen VI. Best bet is to deposit pokemon and wait. Or you could try trading here. :D

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
Years
I can understand the logic mind as i restarted my Y the other week now i have 2 Yveltal so when the poke banks comes out you can bet your bottom dollar im shipping off the spare Yveltal for something like a shaymin or genesect or whatever.
Doubtful over the genesect but hey!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Hey jokes on you, I actually got a Xerneas out of the GTS for my Froakie. (Mind you, it had Protean and near perfect IVs which I specified when I deposited it.) And I had Y version so hah!

I love it anyway. Gave me the version exclusives (Xerneas included...) and friend safari Pokemon like Tyrogue. :) Plus I got friends for my Ditto needs.

Years
I dislike this, too, but such a thing is unavoidable. You can find people offering logical trades, but for the most part this is not the case. What also bothers me is when people request a specific level of Pokemon. I hate when there is a Pokemon I want and I see that I have the requested Pokemon only to discover when I enter my BOX that he or she is a lower level than what is desired.

To counter this I put up a Pokemon I do not want and request a Pokemon I do want. It does not take long before the trade is carried through.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
That is the main reason I do not use the GTS on X and Y is these stupid trades like a starter pokemon for pokemon that is you can not get yet in X and Y.

So I just use the wonder trade.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
wonder trade is such a troll feature, I recently traded a haunter and a scyther carrying a metal coat, the end result is that I received a sigilyph and a skiddle. I'm not complaining since it gave me enough mirth to get over the foul mood I had, after finally catching that Zapdos in the spirit den.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I just deposit starters and version exclusives and I always get what I'm looking for. No trade has taken more than an hour. The only problem I've run into is trying to get a Japanese Ditto, I put a Ditto up and put in the message that I'm requesting Japanese. I've gotten trolls trading me American Ditto but I stopped when I got a good nature.

I have wonder traded like crazy and now have most of the Central Dex in foreign Pokemon and some from each of the others. Now I don't need a Japanese Ditto. I can Masudo with my American Ditto.

Back