• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
What's that?!? My next idea. :badsmile:

Special field actions for legendary pokemons. That actions can by use only if user have now, in user's backpack, that pokemon and that pokemon have no special condition and have 75% of max HP or more. After use that field action, pokemon have now 70% of max HP.

For example:

TRAVELLER (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ho-oh) - Improved version of fly, user can travel to any place in the map, which name isn't "route".

PSY CONTROL (Mewtwo, Lugia, Deoxys) - All still hostile trainers in location, can't automatic attack user.

MEW POWER (Mew) - Use one randomly, legendary field action, exclude God Power.

RUN (Raikou, Entei, Suicune) - Temporarily raise user speed of movement.

SPRING (Celebi, Shaymin) - Create grass field in land route.

ANCIENT ROCK (Regirock) - Add in route, two randomly rock pokemons.

ANCIENT STEEL (Registeel) - Add in route, two randomly steel pokemons.

ANCIENT ICE (Regice) - Add in route, two randomly ice pokemons.

ETHER POWER (Latios, Latias, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf) - Randomly change pokemons in location.

ANCIENT EARTH (Groundon) - Add in route, two randomly ground pokemons.

ANCIENT SEA (Kyogre) - Add in route, two randomly water pokemons.

DRAGON MIGHT (Rayquaza) - Raise level of wild pokemons in location.

FULFIL WISH (Jirachi) - Give in location, one randomly pokemon, which user still don't catch.

TIME TRAVEL (Dialga) - Back some last user steps.

SPACE TRAVEL (Palkia) - Shift user to one field in range of vision.

ANCIENT FIRE (Heatran) - Add in route, two randomly fire pokemons.

GUARD OF ANCIENT (Regigigas) - Add in route, four randomly pokemons.

DARK CLOUD (Giratina) - Change pokemons in location into dark, ghost and psychic pokemons.

HEAL POWER (Cresselia) - Heal all users pokemon, exclude Cresselia after next, win battle with trainer.

SEA MUSIC (Phione, Manaphy) - Change in land route, pokemons into water routes pokemons.

BAD SLEEP (Darkrai) - Temporarily, all wild pokemons have now sleep and nightmare condition.

GOD POWER (Arceus) - User can choose one of all field actions and use that.

If you give ability to catch legendary pokemons only with Mystery Gift events, that can be good design for reinforcement "chosen" users.

I think, game can be more realistic if you exclude from normal game all legendary pokemons. I think 99% of common trainers never see in their life any legendary pokemons. That 1% can be trainers which get mystery item from Mystery Gift. That trainers give that item for one NPC and he/she open in game special event with one legendary pokemon. You can give that item for hold for pokemon in Mystery Gift with description of that item. I think trainer can't catch legendary pokemon, only make friend's with him, automatically after event. I think it's stupid for example, catch, into pokeball, creator of all pokemons, Arceus. :\ Legendary pokemons can't be use in Mystery Gift and online battles.

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
just throwing this out there, but i thought it would be cool to have an "equal pokemon" instead of just having Plusle "Plus Pokemon" and Minun "Minus Pokemon"

Its ability could be "Equalise"; likely doing something with stats between Minun and Plusle. 'Course, however, if it were like that, Minun would be worse off with it. However, it could power up with both Plusle or Minun in a double battle, as "Plus" and "Minus" do with each other, meaning if you lose either Plusle or Minun in a double, you could bring in the "Equals Pokemon" to keep up the power.

It would be a bit hard, and I know you don't want to add new evos for a lot of pokemon, however, I've always wondered: Would you be willing to add a branch evolution for Butterfree and Venomoth? Just like Wurmple, caterpillars can become moths/butterflies, depending on species, and other factors, just makes sense Veno would have a butterfly counterpart and vice versa for butterfree.

I think they aren't really needed; it was pretty much something covered by Wurmple, and sits unique to Wurmple to be able to become a moth or a butterfly. If we're thinking like that, why not give Burmy a butterfly evolution?

Generally, because it isn't really needed. In the sense of Bug Pokemon, new ones are much better off than working with random evolutions of those that stand.

@ Skele: I know I can't dictate what goes into Wichu's game, but I think its a little overkill to include a huge list of stuff like that in the game. I know it makes them more legendary.. but it just looks a little overkill.

As for Mystery Gift; how would it work? How would you acquire the item to obtain the Legendary?

I've generally never been a fan of Events that Nintendo flash up, because once they're gone.. there's no way of getting the Pokemon, again. There's one reason I kind of hate having to trade in Pokemon from other games, as well, because in the Anime, (which I don't watch, but know about) non-Legendary Pokemon (excluding Fossil Pokemon and Porygon(and its evolutions)) can pretty much all be caught in the wild, but never is it shown like that in one game.

Actually, speaking of that, Wichu; will all the Pokemon in the series be catchable in this one game, including all the pre-evolutions and evolutions that you produce, yourself? It'd be awesome if they were.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
AHAHAHA nice skele. You have to many ideas but still thats nice.Cause I know someone would go of an say thats offtopic I like that pokedex wichu. Yes new pokemon would be nice but new versions of older pokemon are better right? Or wrong? Im not into anythin else but kanto johto so I have no say do I?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I made an animation of the Pokédex screen, to show how it works.
Pokedex.gif

Sorry about the bad quality :(

I'm not really sure about the legendary abilities. They don't really seem all that useful, as it would be easier just to go to the area where you find the Pokémon that you want normally. Also, it might be quite hard to code in.

About legendaries being only given to certain trainers, I don't think that's a good idea. If I do that, people would start complaining about how they can't get legendaries, much like people complain about event Pokémon now.

I still think they should be catchable in Pokéballs, as even though they are legendary, they are still Pokémon, so balls should still work on them. Catching a legendary yourself is a lot more satisfying than having it befriend you.

However, I will be making the way to get each legendary a lot harder than it is in the official games, so only skilled players can actually reach them. They will be available to everyone, not just certain people.

About Mystery Gift, it works by reading a file in the MysteryGift folder of the game. It will then create a Pokémon or item in the game from the read data, which can be collected in the standard way (an NPC in the PokéMart will give you the gift).

Also, each official gift I release to the public will be linked to in the first post of this thread, so anyone can download it at any time after the event. This solves the problem of missing an event.

I'm probably not going to include every Pokémon as catchable in-game, because I'm not planning to have all the regions and I don't want to do it the way D/P did it (by adding the old Pokémon to the routes after you get the National Dex), since it doesn't make much sense. However, all of the Pokémon will be obtainable by a method which I am currently keeping secret (you won't be able to do it until you have the National Dex anyway, so there's not much point in knowing it now). But it won't be anything like D/P's method.

As for the old Pokémon with evos and pre-evos, they will all be catchable in-game, so don't worry.

Glaceon_

Years
The animation looks great, Wichu. The quality doesn't really matter, though, does it? After all, its a demonstration, right? =)

Ahh, now I understand how you're incorporating Mystery Gift. It seemed a little sketchy, at first, since I didn't realise a content-customisable folder would be specified for it. Definitely saves for the loss of events; having them available to all. Too bad Nintendo don't think that that, huh? XD

Ahh, I see. Looking at the map, it seemed to be quite a big Region, giving me the thought that maybe all of them would be in. Nonetheless, its probably best not putting them all in one Region. I wasn't really too fond of how D/P added Pokemon after the National Dex, but nonetheless, I wasn't complaining about it. XD Looking forward to seeing how the acquisition of those not in the game will be handled, to be sure; and thus, I'm looking forward to seeing what your game will be like, even more. =)

Guardian1239

I have much to learn.
Years
I haven't been checking recently, but I must say that all your updates are looking really good. You're an extremely skilled scripter to be able to make all these things. I'm certainly looking forward to being able to play this game.

I'm working on my own Pokemon game using Poccil's starter kit, but it won't be anywhere near as good as yours will be, mostly because I won't be adding too many (if any) new Pokemon and I have no scripting abilities. I'm mainly creating it for myself, since I'll be able to include the Pokemon I like and such, but I may eventually get a team or something together if I like where it's going.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Wow! Great Pokedex interface! It better than the original pokemon game. ( I think )
Keep it up! You are a great game developer!

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Wow man, I love that pokedex animation. Seriously, thats really awesome. And I can't wait to hear what you have in store for catching pokemon taht are not able to catch.

Awesome man, again, I really love that animation.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I've been messing around with the Pokédex a bit more. There's nothing new I can give in screenshots, though.

When I made the Pokédex screen originally, it looked good, but it lagged like hell. Whenever you went to the next or previous Pokémon, the frame rate would drop to around 5 FPS. Not good. That's the version the first screenshot depicts.

The animation is of the second version, where I managed to get it to a comfortable 30ish FPS. However, that didn't last. You know when you hold up/down, the speed at which it scrolls speeds up? Well, at the fastest speed, the frame rate again dropped to 5 or 6 FPS, which put me off.

After some recoding, I've pretty much finished optimising it. Normally, it runs at around 34 FPS, with a minimum speed of 15 FPS. That, I can deal with.

Just thought some of you might want to know how I've been getting on :D

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I have a few ideas for abilities:

Dark destiny
pokemon that have it: Giratina
May rarely inflict the condemmed status(takes double damage) upon enemies upon attacking

Time Tripper
pokemon that have it: Dialga, Celebi
Raises user's speed and lets them use moves like hyperbeam, solarbeam, and roar of time without charging

Glaceon_

Years
Well, I've been messing around with the Pokédex a bit more. There's nothing new I can give in screenshots, though.

When I made the Pokédex screen originally, it looked good, but it lagged like hell. Whenever you went to the next or previous Pokémon, the frame rate would drop to around 5 FPS. Not good. That's the version the first screenshot depicts.

The animation is of the second version, where I managed to get it to a comfortable 30ish FPS. However, that didn't last. You know when you hold up/down, the speed at which it scrolls speeds up? Well, at the fastest speed, the frame rate again dropped to 5 or 6 FPS, which put me off.

After some recoding, I've pretty much finished optimising it. Normally, it runs at around 34 FPS, with a minimum speed of 15 FPS. That, I can deal with.

Just thought some of you might want to know how I've been getting on :D

Sounds like that was a pain, huh? XD Glad to hear you managed to get it to a "deal with" status, though. ^^ No one likes a laggy Pokedex. XD So you're sticking with the animated 'Dex image's layout, right? I like that one. Looks really good; especially all animated. Though its probably better, in-game. XD

Years
Wichu sorry man, i just read your first post and saw i am in the spriter team -.-
Do you need anything ? i will begin on it right away.
I totally forgot xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back