• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Jasper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
oh my god this looks awesome!!!!
i also checked out pokemon ilusion by tajaros and i looks great too!!
just one question,wheres the download link??
or have you published it yet?

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
oh my god this looks awesome!!!!
i also checked out pokemon ilusion by tajaros and i looks great too!!
just one question,wheres the download link??
or have you published it yet?

It's not out yet =.= Do people nowadays even read?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
smallUpdate!

Just a couple of screenshots to show some things:

beach_1_zps7583fa1d.png

Beach

t_card_zps38902e33.png

Hero trainer sprite

---

Neither of these screens are of particularly recent accomplishments, I just wanted to post them. :)

That being said, I have been doing a lot of work on Jasper lately, all of which is behind the scenes stuff that can't be shown in a screenshot (unless you want to see an image of some hex numbers). Once I finish with these things, I think a more substantial update will follow sooner rather than later (but no promises).

That's all for now!

Yukari

this game looks REALLY good the there must have been a lot of work put into this game
i even have that userbar in my signature see

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
pokemon hack said:
this game looks REALLY good the there must have been a lot of work put into this game
i even have that userbar in my signature see

Thanks! Yes, I have put a ton of work into this.

AmazingCharizard said:
Like your work. Graphics look quite good to me. I hope the story willbe as well.

Thanks. I hope the story will turn out alright as well.

smallishUpdate!

Here're some more recent accomplishments: :)

Physical/Special split along with ASM to display which moves are physical/special/status:

physical_1_zpsb685a76f.png

Physical

special_1_zps90fc9182.png

Special

status_1_zps509ccd57.png

Status

Credit to:
DoesntKnowHowToPlay - for the split
Darthatron/Jambo51 - for the ASM to display whether an attack is physical/special/status

Also, I finally inserted a new water battle background and edited the colors of the textbox that people complained about being too bright before.
water_bb_zps3f636dd2.png

And here's what the new box colors look like with the normal grass battle background:
grass_bb_zps1f8443fa.png

If you like, you can post and tell me what you think about the new box colors (I am still tinkering with them).

---

And in one final note, I'm going to change the name of this hack from "Jasper" to..."DarkJasper". The reason for this small change is that I discovered that there is already another hack called "Pokemon Jasper" from back in 2008. This isn't really a big deal (it apparently never got to beta), but I would like this hack to have "unique" name (even if that means just putting "Dark" at the beginning, lol).

I'll update the first post to indicate this change soon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
still is hard to read "What will BELLSPROUT do?" , btw nice water battle background !

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
still is hard to read "What will BELLSPROUT do?" , btw nice water battle background !

I have no problem reading, but maybe you should add darker shadows to the text. Nice update, absol ^^

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
godlesplay said:

Pinkish Purple said:
I have no problem reading, but maybe you should add darker shadows to the text. Nice update, absol ^^

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll work on making the text clearer.

n0rul3s said:
Want Pokemon X/Y Sprites? I've made the starters :3.

No thanks. Not interested right now.

Pinkish Purple said:
This OW is from a hack called PokemonGoldenAndSilver Legend that I found on another forum. It looks similar to yours o.o

There is a good reason for this.

Originally, I planned to use that sprite as the hero overworld, but then decided to make my own. But since I had already done the trainer backsprite specifically for that overworld, I made the new overworld so that it would fit with the backsprite. That's why they look so similar.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
A hack like this deserves more then 5 pages of posts there should be like 50 pages. That's how awesome this hack is.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Al3X said:
A hack like this deserves more then 5 pages of posts there should be like 50 pages. That's how awesome this hack is.

CrowClaw said:
Looking great the screenshots look amazing nice work.

---

Here are a few recent things that I've put together:

newgym_zps4d2fd4f4.png

New Gym tiles (had to change the old one because it took up too much space in the tileset)

headbutt_zpse26f33d6.png

Headbutt now functioning! Also, new textbox!

lights1_zps88447198.png
lights2_zpsea265195.png

Windows will now light up at night!

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Wow, this hack has pretty graphics :D
I like the new textbox (though maybe if it was a little brighter?). Also picky me says that one of the colors on the roof (the darkest shade of brown) looks out of place on that orange rooftop.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
underwater3.png

This.

Having a legit looking Dive in fire red is amazing!
Keep it up!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Nice update! the new gym looks a lil dull though... I like your variety of trees :D It makes the place look better. I think Pokemon Times and this hack are equally matched.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
FBI agent said:
Wow, this hack has pretty graphics
I like the new textbox (though maybe if it was a little brighter?). Also picky me says that one of the colors on the roof (the darkest shade of brown) looks out of place on that orange rooftop.

I see what you mean about the roof, I might edit that a bit.
As for the textbox, I've already changed the colors a bit since I posted that screenshot, but I like the brightness the way it is.

Europa said:
Nice! you are great at scripting

hehe...you mean the headbutt script? That's really nothing in terms of scripting difficulty...and I didn't write it, anyways. Got it from an old thread. Credits to Darthatron (I think).

Nintendork15 said:
This.

Having a legit looking Dive in fire red is amazing!
Keep it up!

Thank you.

Noossab Blue said:
Everything you've done is fantastic! I can't wait to see a beta . You have my support!

Thanks!

Pinkish Purple said:
Nice update! the new gym looks a lil dull though... I like your variety of trees It makes the place look better. I think Pokemon Times and this hack are equally matched.

I think the gym looks fine...for the most part. What about it is "dull" to you?

---

Over the past week, progress has slowed a lot. But I'm gonna try to get some stuff done this weeked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back