• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Wow! Baro this is looking even better than Quartz, I hope you'll be able to finish it.
Good luck.
Regarding a quartz walkthrough with pics I saw in a certain forum, this is 1000 times better than quartz consideering I finish it and the stuff I have planned works and that kind of stuff. Thanks ^_^

also, something I haven't noticed before
ChiefsFan said:
Pokemon Mafia? Death? Sounds like one of those great "dark" Pokemon games

SPOILER ALERT (you have been warned)
Spoiler:

But yeah, this is more mystery themed: the phantom's identity, how is all the stuff that happens related, etc.

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2008
*celebrates*

First off, let me say that I absolutely loved quartz. Interesting story, decent sprites (mostly, some I have to admit were a little iffy...) you get the picture.

Second, I can hardly wait for this to be finished. It's so awesome, but I'll be patient. I know how long these can take.

Keep up Teh Good work.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well Baro, as I told you, I'm gonna hold till I start to see more stuff in the game and less problems as well (I want to get a good impression, and you'll have enough people helping you detecting bugs :P)

I'm not that amazed on the new pokes graphics, just because there's another hack with better new pokes, and well, you lose in that area. But, since I know how you like doing that all by yourself, I still think I must praise your work. Anyway, the idea of new pokes is not just about its graphics, it's more about new strategies, which basically, that's what a RPG is for :)

I just hope your sense of humor (which was one of the things that I really enjoyed from Quartz) is still present in this hack (watch out man, there are kids around... ;P)

Alright, wishing you good luck on the project. I'm sure you'll be able to finish it no matter what. Keep it up!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
I have already fixed the stuff and put the music, but I'm afraid there's a big error that will delay the fixed version. Some events I made (doug, baro giving the running shoes, etc) disappear when they happen, but if you save the game (using the game saving system, not the emulator's savestates as I always use?) reappear when you load the game.

I'm figuring why does this happen, but my intuition says it's because of the flag numbers (maybe a set of flags are reseted when you load the game?). I hope it's that because that's the first thing I'm going to try... and if it works, the job will be done FAST.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Most likely is the flag thing you mention. I remember having the same problem with the Rockets events at Goldenrod, and a quick change of flags solved the problem.

Well, hope you don't have to change many scripts.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Most likely is the flag thing you mention. I remember having the same problem with the Rockets events at Goldenrod, and a quick change of flags solved the problem.

Well, hope you don't have to change many scripts.

Yep. Looks like in order to kill events, triggers need flags over 4000 and people less than 1000.
I already fixed one (out of 5), and fixing the others depends on how long I take to reach each event.

BTW, I just noticed armorito's back sprite is too high. If you see other backs with wrong height, plese report them. This happens because most pokemon were meant to replace others in the beggining.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
Dont worry abour those little fails.

Well comrade, a lot of luck with this project and a lot of hacking-years-without-giving-ups for the author.

Ah!
The moleman caves was really amazing with those connections puzzles.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Bumped.
Because BETA 1.1 is OUT
Here
Bugs fixed, etc. Keep reporting stuff if any.

First post was updated too.

You may need to reload the map (exit and enter) if you're in last mole galleries map (next to phantom)

amatsu109728

Just an ordinary POKEMON gamer
Years
how did you name coalchu? did you know chu accually means lightning so coalchu means lightning coal, wierd
*shivers*
>_<

was'nt plug-oink in quartz how come its also in marble?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I think the idea was making some of the old pokes of Quartz making a new appearance on Marble, which is something we should be grateful for, because some of those were really good (Plug-oink is a good example... I always laughed at that thing :laugh:)

amatsu109728

Just an ordinary POKEMON gamer
Years
I think the idea was making some of the old pokes of Quartz making a new appearance on Marble, which is something we should be grateful for, because some of those were really good (Plug-oink is a good example... I always laughed at that thing :laugh:)

yeah it can plug in itself :laugh:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
how did you name coalchu? did you know chu accually means lightning so coalchu means lightning coal, wierd
*shivers*
>_<

was'nt plug-oink in quartz how come its also in marble?
I'm pretty sure Chu means mouse. Pika is lighting. Raychu=ray mouse

Also, the design of Coalchu is based on Zelda's Bombchu... which are mouse-looking bombs, not lighting bombs.

And yeah, some of the best pokemon in quartz are here.

_______
I repeat because maybe you don't notice since I said it in the last post in the 2nd page, and you'll probably load directly page 3... fixed beta (1.1) is out

HiroChicken

Eevee of Tomorrow
Years
After watching Quartz get played by some forum friends, I am inspired to give Marble a play through. So far it's pretty fun! I think that Todad is really cute!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
help

when i start the game i am cant move at all itt is all dark and on the side i can see my room also i di fix that promplem by walk though walls but when i get outside all there is is miny doors and blackness how do i fix it

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2008
Yahoo!!!

Omg,Quartz live's!
Yay!,I Wonder What J.Arkia or w/e look's like in marble,i just cant say i like the gym's,i just cant,other than that,LOVE IT BARO!!

1 more thing,like fire-red and ruby,will plugoink and them have newer,difrent sprites?

Last edited:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Hey look at this userbar i made,
BaroFan.jpg

code is http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z227/ataylan/BaroFan.jpg

shevchenko997

Collector of Pokemon
Years
I've played the Beta version and it looks very good so far,except for some Bugs mentioned earlier.Hope you can finish this hack,I'm pretty sure it's much and much better than Pokemon Quartz.Good Luck Baro!

And I've made a userbar for you:

UserbarPokemonMarble.jpg

Code:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/FreakyDeaky_79/UserbarPokemonMarble.jpg

Back