• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It's not really that it matters to me what kind of bag it is but, after all this time with us just being these generic protagonists, if they do add in customization, it would be nice if they were a bit lenient. I wish we could get things like skin color, etc., although it's unlikely.

That's the kind of customization I'm fully against because of the possibility that it would mean the Gen VI protagonists have no official default designs, which means there won't be a lot of fanart of them compared to the previous protagonists nor would they be used to possibly replace Red in the position of the Pokemon Trainer in the next SSB game. Outfits are the only customizations I can see happening for our new trainers.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
has anyone else noticed that all the player characters have to wear hats. i dont like hats. except for dawn's and may's. but otherwise i dont see why everyone has to wear a hat. maybe in the pokemon world their sun is just so intense that they always have to wear hats so they dont get sunburn on their heads. anyways ill probably choose the female because with the exceptions of gen 1 and 2, they always look better.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Psst! Before things go too far, we actually have another thread aptly titled, Player Customization, to discuss customizating the protagonists. Let's leave this thread to discuss their current appearance from what we've seen of them and any changes you'd like to see made for when their official artwork is released.

has anyone else noticed that all the player characters have to wear hats. i dont like hats. except for dawn's and may's. but otherwise i dont see why everyone has to wear a hat. maybe in the pokemon world their sun is just so intense that they always have to wear hats so they dont get sunburn on their heads. anyways ill probably choose the female because with the exceptions of gen 1 and 2, they always look better.
I suppose the hat has become sort of a staple or tradition for every protagonist to have on them.

Years
I hate how the male protagonists are slowly becoming more and more like girls. Their hair is getting longer and is always Black or brown. I wish that Hugh's character was the main protagonists in the Black and White 2.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
That's the kind of customization I'm fully against because of the possibility that it would mean the Gen VI protagonists have no official default designs, which means there won't be a lot of fanart of them compared to the previous protagonists nor would they be used to possibly replace Red in the position of the Pokemon Trainer in the next SSB game. Outfits are the only customizations I can see happening for our new trainers.

I can see where you're getting at but they can still use default trainers to represent the region, although I guess allowing us to do too much would kind of bury them in the long run.

The issue I have is that this isn't Mario or Zelda where obviously they are the only ones that can really fullfil their roles/fit perfectly with it and have played a part in all of their games. Pokemon games have constantly changed trainers each generation and, even though they don't talk and all that, they are more supposed to represent us, the players, unlike a lot of other protagonists in other series.

I know complete customization could be a bit of a stretch because it'd have a shot at burying the default protagonists, but I can never really fully appreciate it as being me if, well, I can't get it to look like me.

blue

gucci
Years
After seeing the official Artwork, I do like both protagonists for sure but I prefer the female. I think it's because the male has a similar appearance to Hilbert and Nate whereas the female isn't comparable to any of the previous female protagonists, she's also the first to have blonde hair too.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm trying to think of a possible theme that they could gain names from, since Karos is based on France, maybe a theme such as companionship, in which case, these 2 names might be possible (found on 20000-names.com)
Lewin for the male (an english transcribed anglo-saxon name, meaning "Dear Friend")
Cara for the female (english derived from italian or irish, means "Beloved" or "Friendship")

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I like the male protagonist, though I agree he looks too much like the previous guys from Gen V. I don't know, maybe a different color scheme would've helped, plus I feel like he looks a bit plain compared to the female protagonist, whose design I love, so I'll definitely chose her.

What I'm more intrigued about is their bracelets. I first noticed it on the girl's wrist, and thought it was an accessory, but actually the guy wears one too. A new communication device? I think so, and it goes really well with the new Pokedex design, which I heard will use holograms, so I think the bracelets will as well.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I adore the female protagonist SO much. I love the customization that's being added to this game.

The girl reminds me of Leaf with her long hair, hat, pleated skirt, and long socks, although she's so much trendier and adorable.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I really love the female this time around! I haven't enjoyed one since Dawn (BW & B2/W2 were OK). This girl's really cute and the fact I can customize to my hair colour is <3

A subtle change but still well-appreciated!

Boy is OK. Haven't liked a guy protagonist since G/S/C.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Yvette sounds really nice, don't know about Xavier though...not french enough xD

I'm really excited too see if we are going to be able to customize more throughout the game than just hair and skin tone. Having different outfits or accessoires would be amazing :D

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yvette sounds really nice, don't know about Xavier though...not french enough xD
His name could work as Xavier, since it comes from Saint Francis Xavier, a Jesuit priest. The Jesuits were formed in France in 1534, right outside Paris. It's a stretch for a reference, but it's there.

Still don't have a favorite of the two protagonists, especially when looking at their default look. Which is a first, as typically I can easily pick between the boy and the girl.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018

I'm really excited too see if we are going to be able to customize more throughout the game than just hair and skin tone. Having different outfits or accessoires would be amazing :D

Xavier is actually a very French name. Yvette and Xavier would be perfect for them imo!

I hope you can mix and match the skin tones and hair colors too, because not every really fair-skinned girl/boy has super blonde hair and not ever darker complected girl/boy has black hair.

Back