• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Hello guys,

I was wondering why aren't there any pedestals in the outskirt island?

i got all 16 badges now though, i hope someone can answer.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
uhm anyway, is the beta up to meadow town only?
because i can't get to leaf bay city at the moment, a guy is blocking the cave and telling me there is some gang problem around, I tried talking to all the NPC in the island but to no avail.

any insights?

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
This is possibly going to be the best hack....
When Trading is fixed it will be epic... I can't wait for the final version... Too bad the vs seeker won't be in the game... There won't be any way to battle trainers again.
Overall it looks and sounds amazing.
Good job guys
Hope you include the VS seeker

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hey guys, it's been a while. Thought I'd post about a little update. Some of you might have noticed I removed the "hiatus" notice from the first page and the LC site. Others may have noticed I started fixing bugs a few weeks ago too. So yea, the hiatus status is off and I am back working slowly every few days on new progress. So, not huge amounts of progress like before because I'm really busy with other projects.

Last night I revamped the Build History list, if you guys remember this text file would get updated with information on new builds every time they are released:
http://romhackersonline.com/livebeta/lc/BuildHistory.txt.

Now I've created the revamped version here http://www.romhackersonline.com/livebeta/lc/buildhistory.php which shows on a nicer page and also shows them latest build at the top with an optional download link for each release.

Both of them will be kept active (as the new page reads directly from the text file) as new builds are released, same as always, with major updates posted on Romhack.me project page (in my sig you find the link, or the first post). Right now I didn't take archived copies of builds on a regular basis so previous builds will not all be available.

Well, I hope you guys are enjoying LC, and expect some progress over the next few weeks and beyond.

Last edited:

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
awesome news man !!
im glad u back :D

so ur other hacks in plan such as "origin platinium" are not dead ? (i mean the LC trilogy i saw some time ago on ur site)

linkandzelda

Years
awesome news man !!
im glad u back :D

so ur other hacks in plan such as "origin platinium" are not dead ?

I'm not going to release any information on the status of Platinum Origins, Metallic Fusion, Emerald Dreams or Yellow Advance at this time. They will be reviewed again after LC is finished as to whether they are continued or not.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Yeah don't miss a single flute of you want to trigger the pedestals but Zapdos is still causing problems for many people

Zapdos is still causing problems for me.. and I'm in the orange islands!

Some bugs I have noticed (this is in 332 not 400, forgot to update for a while):

Cave of Wisdom tiles are weird, some show up as blank but can't step on them
In Kanto/Johto I believe my surf Pokemon was a Wailmer? In Orange Islands I believe it's a Lapras, not sure if intentional or not

The many Pokemon sprite errors (I'm sure they've been brought up many times already)

Does Chuck have no rocks next to him?

16/06/2013 00:56:26 3.3.00354 -> 3.3.00355 Fixed tiel error in deep Dragons Den. Build Unavailable "tile"

Could you replace the berry tree near the healing lady south of victory road to not be an empty tree but go blank? Or different tree color (brown?) if the berry isn't grown yet?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
I go to kurts house and end up on the table he isnt there and i cant leave. Help????

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
good to see LaZ is back,
just one quick question, whenever i apply the IPS file , the Lunar IPS pops a message saying "The file has been patched, but the data in the IPS file appears to be truncated or misaligned".

any insights ?

EDIT:
I patched a clear Fire Red ROM though

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Hey, question, when does this no-exp thing end?

I have finished clearing out the Nexus Lab, and removed 6 of the side nexus thingies, the one in Mr G's room, and the one in the lighthouse. Are all 10 on the second island or are there more on a different island? Thanks, I'd really like to train my pokemon again Lol.

Hey, question, when does this no-exp thing end?

I have finished clearing out the Nexus Lab, and removed 6 of the side nexus thingies, the one in Mr G's room, and the one in the lighthouse. Are all 10 on the second island or are there more on a different island? Thanks, I'd really like to train my pokemon again Lol.

Ah, found 2 of them on the mountain before Nexus that I didn't see before.

Another question, the surfing east of Sunburst Island on the way to Mandarin, it's meant to be those weird surf direction thingies, right, and you're supposed to find your way through?

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
Small update, but some of you remember this right?

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-11%20at%2001.45.08.png

Well, this is now the new Violet Gym in the latest build, build 3.3.00410.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Ok so on the official website it says download mirror 1 or mirror 4 which one is the lastest build

Back