• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Cubone and the Power Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You made a NEW hack? (Sorry, I've just been away for a bit. :P )

It really looks great! I just hope you finish it. (:

Good luck!
Yup. Thanks!

Who's that as*hole that wants to mess up with you Ice? :D
He's so gonna get it :D
Haha, thanks.

8Nawn.png

Update!

4Q04G.png
bSdbg.png

:3 Not much to say lol.​

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
THERE'S A POKéMON CALLED SEEL?
Anyway I don't post on this hack enough so here's a post:

This hack is epic and it's epic and it's one of the most epicest hacks around plz maek beta soon also Cubone has a type advantage over all the regis.
I think.
(Ground > Ice right?)

Years
Is that a Seel? I've completely forgotten about that Pokemon :P

Nice to see this progressing.
Yes it is, lol. (If I'm honest I chose it because it was one of the only Pokémon who could learn Surf and had an overworld already inserted. [/lazy])

THERE'S A POKéMON CALLED SEEL?
Anyway I don't post on this hack enough so here's a post:

This hack is epic and it's epic and it's one of the most epicest hacks around plz maek beta soon also Cubone has a type advantage over all the regis.
I think.
(Ground > Ice right?)
No. There has never been a Pokémon called Seel. Never.

Oh...okay. I thought you thought it was epic...why did you lie to me?

And yeah Cubone will pwn most of the Regis except the bosses aren't all Regis so yep. I don't know, google the type chart or something lol.

Anyway, minor update but update nonetheless.

8Nawn.png

Update!

LQOLI.png

I've inserted cuddlesthefatcat's Pyramid tile, with some edits (there was some lion inscription and some eyeball symbols in the original; they've been removed). It's such a great tile, and cuddles is an amazing pixel artist so you should definitely check out his work. :D​

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I think.
(Ground > Ice right?)

Actually, Ice is super effective against Ground. I think you're thinking Rock, which is super effective against Ice.

Anyway, this hack looks amazing, and sorry for not posting sooner, I haven't gotten around to lurking PC as much as I should :)

Years
Actually, Ice is super effective against Ground. I think you're thinking Rock, which is super effective against Ice.

Anyway, this hack looks amazing, and sorry for not posting sooner, I haven't gotten around to lurking PC as much as I should :)
Haha, thanks for clearing that up :D

Thanks, and don't worry, you're not obligated to post. I feel warm inside everytime somone does post.

URdbA.gif

...ahem. Anyway! Updates~

8Nawn.png

Update!

-video removed. check the first post for the updated version!-
Just a puzzle I've been working on ;P
The pyramid tile is by cuddlesthefatcat, the interior tiles are from Emerald and everything else was made by me :3 The intro image for the pyramid is a placeholder, I've yet to insert the new one. Also, just as a note, the order of those gems will almost definitely change upon the release, and there will be other puzzles that won't just give you the answer :D​

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Nice looking minigame expect for player suddenly changing into that square, you can prevent that from happening you know (might require assembly but can be done likely with pure scripting though) ;)

I've a similar script in my own hack (which is Gen II one) in which the graphics of another person are copied to VRAM (Video Ram) so that they replace the graphics of the player that are loaded before-hand when you enter to that room. This happens so that the script is called right after the sprite graphics are loaded to VRAM but the screen still stays black/white because not everything that happens in that map are loaded yet. You could try to do something similar to that if possible.

Looks good though, can't deny that :)
Not a major glitch though but makes the hack look somewhat unprofessional if not corrected.

Years
Nice looking minigame expect for player suddenly changing into that square, you can prevent that from happening you know (might require assembly but can be done likely with pure scripting though) ;)

I've a similar script in my own hack (which is Gen II one) in which the graphics of another person are copied to VRAM (Video Ram) so that they replace the graphics of the player that are loaded before-hand when you enter to that room. This happens so that the script is called right after the sprite graphics are loaded to VRAM but the screen still stays black/white because not everything that happens in that map are loaded yet. You could try to do something similar to that if possible.

Looks good though, can't deny that :)
Not a major glitch though but makes the hack look somewhat unprofessional if not corrected.
Hm yeah, I tried fixing that by assigning the script that changes the player's sprite as a level script that occurs upon entering the map, but that simply caused the map to freeze, so the current method is a workaround. The code is a writebytetooffset command and I'm not 100% sure how to write to the VRAM. I agree it makes it look messy but I'm not sure how to fix it I'm afraid ;__;

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hm yeah, I tried fixing that by assigning the script that changes the player's sprite as a level script that occurs upon entering the map, but that simply caused the map to freeze, so the current method is a workaround. The code is a writebytetooffset command and I'm not 100% sure how to write to the VRAM. I agree it makes it look messy but I'm not sure how to fix it I'm afraid ;__;

Really like the puzzle!

For a short cut you could make the player spawn beneath a tile which covers the player? Just make an identical floor tile with the down tile copied in to the up tile section? :3

Then let the levelscript change the player sprite, then after use the setmaptile command to change it to a normal tile and reveal the cursor.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
About VRAM I mean the area the game stores all the graphics of the game (sprite, tiles etc.). Basically, by modifying the bytes in VRAM you can make sprites, tiles and that kind of stuff look different before they're re-loaded again.

"I'm not 100% sure how to write to the VRAM. I agree it makes it look messy but I'm not sure how to fix it I'm afraid ;__; "

You actually need assembly to do this (because it's much less effortless than by doing with scripting only). You'd have to make the script call for a loop code. This is basically used to "copy --> paste" data from rom/ram area into another.
You can for example load the red square somewhere from the rom data and then copy its graphics to VRAM and replace player's sprite that way.

(And yeah, I forgot that the script I told about in my latest message calls for this kind of assembly code so it's not a pure script although I said it was...)

But as Swiftsign's suggestion sounds doable (and especially easier than mine unless you get someone to do the assembly script for you), go for it!

Years
Really like the puzzle!

For a short cut you could make the player spawn beneath a tile which covers the player? Just make an identical floor tile with the down tile copied in to the up tile section? :3

Then let the levelscript change the player sprite, then after use the setmaptile command to change it to a normal tile and reveal the cursor.

Thanks, and that could work, I'll use that if there's not a more proper solution :3

edit: Yeah, miksy that does seem like a lot of work. I think I will go with Swift's suggestion. Thanks for the help though, both of you guys ;3

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Great updates. The new vid is good as well as the pyramid. Good luck with the future updates

Years
Great updates. The new vid is good as well as the pyramid. Good luck with the future updates

Thanks again dude :D

Just posting to say that I've taken down that previous video and reuploaded a new video which shows the new area image (courtesy of cuddlesthefatcat - credit also goes to the epic DrFuji for helping me insert the image) and got rid of some of the bugs shown in the original video (such as the brief moment where you see the overworld sprite of the player change).

Enjoy!

To early people, it may not have finished processing yet. Come back later :3

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Just posting to say that I've taken down that previous video and reuploaded a new video which shows the new area image (courtesy of cuddlesthefatcat - credit also goes to the epic DrFuji for helping me insert the image) and got rid of some of the bugs shown in the original video (such as the brief moment where you see the overworld sprite of the player change).

Enjoy!

Looks awesome :) Love how unique the minigames are in this hack!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

Enjoy!

To early people, it may not have finished processing yet. Come back later :3

Looks great. Fun mini game like none I've ever seen in pokemon. Very unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back