• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Quadruple Battles? and 8 Party Slots?

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I liek the six pokemon system, I think that having an eight pokemon party would make the game too easy and just too much. I also think that 4 v 4 would make the game too much and would make battles too hectic. I'm against both ideals.

Years
Absolutely against this.

I think 6 Pokemon is just enough to have in a party and it will probably never change. And I don't like the idea of 4 vs 4 battles cos it would go completely off balance.

Singles, Doubles, Triples and Rotations is enough battle-wise.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think 8 Pokemon in party is good idea in my opinion, but, as seen in trailer of Pokemon X and Y, the game still keeps 6 Pokemon in party as their basics, so the '8 Pokemon in party' feature is never going to happen in this game. But 4 vs 4 Pokemon battle feature might be nice.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Carrying around eight Pokemon instead of the usual six would be an interesting change for them to make, but I don't think it's really necessary. Part of the strategy for team-building comes from the fact that you only have six slots to work with, and really I don't think you need any more than that; it's been good enough for the last decade and a half. There are changes for improvement, and changes for the sake of changes, and I think that would probably fall into the latter category.

Triple battles and Rotation battles are already a complete and utter mess though, why throw a fourth Pokemon into the mix and make it even more chaotic? I really hope they don't do this in any format, because it'd just be a complete and utter nuisance. I never bothered with triple or rotation battles in the fifth gen unless I was forced to - and then I grumbled about it whilst trying to get out of it as quickly as possible - and I can't see myself enjoying 4 vs 4 battles either.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Well I must say this is quite a great idea but...
Six party slots are perfectly fine,and I'm used to it.
There's no more need for eight slots or quadruple battles,
it also doesn't seem right,I hated triple and rotation battles and quadruple would be the worst.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Hell no to both ideas. Though having 8 pokemons in a team doesn't look soooo bad, 6 is enough. About the quadruple battles. I don't even liked triple battles, certainly I wouldn't like quadruple. Seems too much. Double is enough.

Back