• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Fitness Club

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
On the dietary thing,

Impo if youre trying to put on weight and muscles carbs are really good especially if you're burning most mof it up. It'll allow you to put on weight in muscle form which is always good xD. You just got to make sure if you're taking in a lot of carbs that you are burning them off as well.
I think I've suggest a 6 - meal a day diet before but it is really good for helping speed up your metabolism.

Fi, I've read a lot about the paelo diet and while it doesn't have any shown true benefits I still believe it is a good diet because it does get rid of a lot of processed foods etc. One of the best thing about diets I believe is that they help build your will power and determination as well as getting you into a good routine etc.

Thanks heaps for the info again snowman I'll edit it into the front post and thanks for the bar its just too large ;; I'll get the dimensions for you and edit them into this post soon.

Thanks for all the activity as well guys, it makes me feel good seeing that theres people dedicated to fitness and I also hope that people who don't post here but read the things are getting fitter as well and getting happier with themselves if they were already. You don't have to be skinny to be fit.

Also remember, it gets easier the more you do it, if you feel like you cant workout or anything because you cant do enough before getting tired DONT GIVE UP! Set yourself a goal. For example if you feel like you cant run 100 meters, just run 80, or 60 or however far you can but do it more then once! Run the 60 meters then walk back to the starting position and run it again! Do this a few times a day and make getting to 100 meters 5 times your goal. You will feel incredible accomplishing such a thing, you're the only person stopping yourself from being fit, youre your only competition. Don't give up because you feel you cant do it, start small and work your way to your goal, you will be able to make it even if it takes months, if you dont give up youll get there eventually you just need the willpower to commit. :)

snowman4686

Breeder Chris
Years
call me old fashioned but I believe that dieting is useless, I eat anything and everything I want, I don't gain weight or loose weight because I exercise everyday and keep at the optimum fitness I need, once a week me and the lads from the barracks go to the local pub in town and don't leave till were thrown out, apparently beer has a lot of calories and gives you a beer belly LIES!! exercise is the key to a diet, if you just eat like a rabbit then your just going to loose all your muscle and its definition.
So...
1. Exercise whenever you get time
2. Eat well but don't starve yourself, that's the worst thing to do
3. make sure you put a bit of fat in your diet otherwise you won't be going anywhere anytime soon
4. HAVE FUN! no point on being on a diet if you can't enjoy it

Hell I smoke like a chimney and I can outlast most of the people on my camp, because I exercise daily.

All you need to do is 20 minuets a day if you don't have a lot of time.

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
How dare I not check this thread daily. Makes a person miss a lot!

This looks like some pretty exciting stuff!

As far as diet goes, I have cut out red meat for the most part (maybe once a week) and in general just things that are oozing fat and sugar. And sodium. Apparently sodium is awful if you're trying to lose weight.

Monday the scale said 231 (which I think is a load of bull), but this morning it read just under 230! Feels good :D

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
call me old fashioned but I believe that dieting is useless, I eat anything and everything I want, I don't gain weight or loose weight because I exercise everyday and keep at the optimum fitness I need, once a week me and the lads from the barracks go to the local pub in town and don't leave till were thrown out, apparently beer has a lot of calories and gives you a beer belly LIES!! exercise is the key to a diet, if you just eat like a rabbit then your just going to loose all your muscle and its definition.
So...
1. Exercise whenever you get time
2. Eat well but don't starve yourself, that's the worst thing to do
3. make sure you put a bit of fat in your diet otherwise you won't be going anywhere anytime soon
4. HAVE FUN! no point on being on a diet if you can't enjoy it

Hell I smoke like a chimney and I can outlast most of the people on my camp, because I exercise daily.

All you need to do is 20 minuets a day if you don't have a lot of time.

I think thats a bit silly to think like that Snowman.. dieting is usually the biggest part of the change in someones health and usually a major impact on someone health even if they do exercise regularly. Though saying that I don't really diet myself, I just don't have much junk food (Like potato chips, fast food like Maccas, lollies etc. I think you just have to be careful to make sure that you're eating food that is good for you not just the horribly over processed stuff. Andy will probably agree with me that dieting is very important as proper dieting is how he lost a lot of his weight.
I agree though, you dont want to starve yourself as thatll just make you lose muscle and get less fit you just dont want to stuff your face 6 times a day with whatever you want. Anything in excess is bad for you.
Just have things in moderation I guess.. Andy help me out here I know nothing about dieting. :O

Wiilio you get heavier at night time so weigh yourself in the mornings xD. Don't completely cut red meat out of your diet as it is good for you just get the lean cuts etc and replace some of the meals when youd usually have it with chicken! Also sodium is a fancy way of saying salt >.> I cant remember my chemistry atm but I think salt makes your body hold onto water more or something like o.O Please someone correct me if Im wrong!
Are you still just running Wiilio or have you started on weights yet?

Impo! That's fantastic 100kms! How long did it take you to run that far? Are people starting to stop and look at you like DAYUM BOY! now or what?? Also I was thinking maybe people could post before and after pictures of themselves if they didnt mind.

I mean like before they started to get fit and after like a certain amount of weeks, a visual representation of your progress can be really fulfilling!

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Scary news!
My mum's taking my sister to Melbourne for her basketball carnival - so my ride to the gym is gone for Friday and Monday D: !

I'm just going to try running along the river tomorrow, how nerve racking

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
owo Gaw.....Getting down and up off the floor is so tough. I still try to at least do stretches and some crunches every/every other day but finding it extremely impossible on "very bad" days for sickness. Can't wait to get that flexible chair thingy where I can do some crunches and things while staying supported even if I can only tolerate it for half an hour a day or so. My disabled body just can't handle much more of the floor stuff. Maybe if I had some kind of soft floor mat...........

As for diet, I don't eat much a day but I doubt what I eat is healthy. XD;; I never have the energy to COOK, so I mostly have to rely on frozen meals on most days except for when I'm having a "Good day".

I did a very dumb thing and tried to do an Insanity Workout, then fainted because my heartrate went too high. XD;; Dumb me............

Yeah, I also looked up that Paleo Diet thing, but what put me off is that it requires so many cooked meals. ;^; and I am terrible at cooking or do not have energy to cook. Unless I get someone to cook for me. I eat probably around 1000 - 1200 calories per day or so, unless on days I get something out to eat then I eat a bit more, which is maybe once every other week or once a week depending. I stay mostly on nurtrient shakes with extra proteins because eating solid food is a problem for me at times. (Stomach problems galore here)

My goal is to drop about 30 lbs. I gained due to having severe case of PCOS and not being able to exercise anymore like I did. I gained over 30 lbs in these 3 1/2 years I've been sick just from almost 0 mobility! But eating makes me ill and floor exercises or overexerting makes me ill so I don't know what to do. T^T

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Kurui Ima try and help you out in this post:

Maybe you should get some light dumbbells like 1 - 5 kilo ones? and Do curls while sitting in a chair. You could do like 3 reps of 10 on each arm or something like that depending how well you can handle it. Could also do lat raises where you just raise your arms up so they my like a T with the rest of your body, you could do this sitting down. Could do a variation of that where you lift them up infront of your body in the same manner.
How about sitting leg raises? Where you sit in a chair and life your legs up so they are horizontal to the ground, usually this is done weighted by Im sure you dont need weights to do it. Maybe you could get a spin bike and do some cardio on that as you sit down on that or would that be too much strain on your body? (I cant really think of that many things you can do with legs without standing up Im sorry :()

Since you only have a low amount of calories a day you only really need to do a low amount of exercises so you dont have to push yourself to hard!
I'll keep trying to think of things but do any of those things seem possible/that theyd help. I think you could do heaps if you got some dumbbells to be honest.

-Edit-
Also guys what else would you want to see in the club? Would you like to see full week routines like what to do on what days? Muscle group specific routines? Fast work out routines that only take like 30 minutes? More nutrition stuff?
Also Do you want me to put each workout in a spoiler to compress the first page a bit more?

Last edited:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I do try to do some things in this chair but I have no good chair, yet.......tomorrow I'm going to try to see if someone won't let me borrow their credit card to buy that twisting cheap chair with resistant bands on it. Because my payPal has a 100$ credit limit I couldn't buy it from there unless someone lets me use their card and pay them instead for it. I just have fail equipment right now >___<;;;

I DID get to lay on the floor and stretches, with a few crunches though it hurt my back horribly bad. And a few leg exercises from just laying/sitting on my floor.

I would more like to see ACTUAL planned out meals per week/month for a GOOD balanced nutrition. Even if my stomach can't handle it maybe after eating balanced for so long, it will grow used to having food in it!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I would more like to see ACTUAL planned out meals per week/month for a GOOD balanced nutrition. Even if my stomach can't handle it maybe after eating balanced for so long, it will grow used to having food in it!

That sounds nice, but that might be a little hard. I know I need to hire someone to guard my fridge, because mum keeps buying processed food and I keep eating it and I don't like it but I eat it anyway and it makes me sad.

And yay I've ran a total of 101km /streamers

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Really? I figured all of the really healthy buffs here used meal plans for their nutrition. Or are on some sort of diet where they can share their recipes or just names of foods. ^^;;; I just thought they'd maybe share what they typically eat in a week/month time.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

That sounds nice, but that might be a little hard. I know I need to hire someone to guard my fridge, because mum keeps buying processed food and I keep eating it and I don't like it but I eat it anyway and it makes me sad.

And yay I've ran a total of 101km /streamers

Cmon Impo just don't pig out on it it cant be that hard can it!
Yay! Thats fantastic, thats a fantastic effort! Whats your goal distance?

Really? I figured all of the really healthy buffs here used meal plans for their nutrition. Or are on some sort of diet where they can share their recipes or just names of foods. ^^;;; I just thought they'd maybe share what they typically eat in a week/month time.

:( Im not a healthy buff who has a meal plan or anything. I just try really hard to not stuff my face with junk food. I would like if someone who does could help out :(
You could try to just eat healthier food like food that isnt super processed and such but Im not much help here I am sorry. You just got to check that the food you eat isnt really high in processed fats and stuff like that..
Can anyone else help???

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thought I'd just drop in some photos for reference for myself to capture any progress I make and to see if I can start getting other people to post pictures well here we go:
Spoiler:

Can someone please post up a sample diet for us!
Perhaps a paelo one fiOWN?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
okay so not posting a photo after that asdfghjkl

and how depressing I didn't run yesterday, but I'm going to the gym tomorrow :D !

And my fitness goal is to get a beach body for my holiday to Penang in 6 weeks

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Username: Jerichob10
Why you're joining:

I work out often and like to it would be great to have a nice workout chart like in this thread have so i can moniter what i do from a day to day basis. And i think this is a neat club! First time to see something like this :P

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Username: TheGr8
Why you're joining:I like to work out, it makes me feel better, and to come here for some advice and motivation.

I've always been intimidated by different websites so this is really cool to have here. Well I will start off by explaining what I want to do, I just need a bigger jumpstart which is why I'm posting this.

Well I have a bowflex at my home, and I've had it for two years or so, well I started to work out alot and have motivation and then i got into an accident where I lost all of it. I've tried picking it up since then and my only successful time was recently. I sometimes go to the gym with the girl I'm seeing we are planning to go more over the summer, but i need other equipment for my home. I need suggestions, like where I can buy some nice pieces, and be able to do some good workouts. I also havent found a good meal plan, it's really tough, I can do it no problem, but when I tried it nothing seemed to work out. The last time I had abs was in HS, and i miss them and to add my arms are getting bigger as I keep going lately.

I kinda just needed guidance to see what way to go

I've also been taking creatine to try that instead of some powder i had before, and it seems to work better.

I hope you guys can help a fellow bro out :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to the Club Gr8 and Jeri! Its good to see new people wanting to join and be active. We are all going to help you guys get to where you want, and I definitely will as much as I can. Feel free to discuss anything fitness related here with us. And you wanted a jump start Gr8 Try this one out!
Also Impo this is for you as well ;)

6 Weeks Beach Body Builder! Male Version (Yes this means I'll also do one more aimed at females as well.)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Welcome to the Club Gr8 and Jeri! Its good to see new people wanting to join and be active. We are all going to help you guys get to where you want, and I definitely will as much as I can. Feel free to discuss anything fitness related here with us. And you wanted a jump start Gr8 Try this one out!

6 Weeks Beach Body Builder! Male Version (Yes this means I'll also do one more aimed at females as well.)
Spoiler:

This will be great for me to so thanks for posting it!! I need to get myself i good beach bod

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years

Spoiler:

asdfghjkl I have to use this. I just have to.

And yay for the new members, welcome!

Back