• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
hi, what about following you starter? any plans with it?:)
Well you've obviously never experienced enough rom hacking
for starter following.

Anyways on topic, I linky or your nickname pinky w/e
I hope you've fixed those extra bugs and looking forward
to basically the proper beta 3
(that other one is like 2.5).

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
How come instead of making guys like Scyther and Onix evolve at high levels you don't just make it so leveling them up once with a steel coat or whatever item the certain pokemon needs evolves them? Then it's more like the real games in that you can evolve it pretty much on immediate access to the item. For the original four- Alakazam, Golem, Gengar, and Machamp...there could simply be in-game trades. There is then no tearing apart the evolution system.

And on a side note...Red's sprite. Zeikku's one bad sprite. Doesn't really look anything like Red, and makes him look like a dweeb.

Also, to your above point about adding Gen IV and V moves...I think a much better investment would be to incorporate the physical/special split that was introduced in Gen IV. Would that even be possible?

Last edited:
Years
Huh Liquid Crystal is back eh? I can honestly say I didn't see this coming.

Oh well, either way I can't wait for the release.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
I cant continue the game as the trainer freezes on his 2nd pkmon in silph co.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
hey guys.i was playing the game and was in silph co.the game messed up and i had not saved for a while so i just saved there.i tried to open the game again but it doesnt open and shows a black screen but i can hear sound in background and also go to the menu.can anyone help me?i really do not want start all over again.appreciated.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Just took another glance at the new screens <3

Goldenrod now has a beach :D (prepares to spend hours running up and down)

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
How big can a hack can be? I'm supposing it isn't like HG/SS/G/S/C rubbish kanto instead it would be the full sized kanto from Red/Blue/Firered/Leafgreen. I played but never got that far yet. Reason why I haven't in cause I would have to restart for the orange islands because of the changes like the Goldenrod City beach :)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
And on a side note...Red's sprite. Zeikku's one bad sprite. Doesn't really look anything like Red, and makes him look like a dweeb.

I'll make my return now. It was only a matter of time. :)
I never made those sprites, so your point is invalid. All crappy sprites will be improved, without a doubt.

First things first:
Do you guys like the Tileset I made so far? - There's more to create/add soon. Originally, we were going to strip the ROM of all default tiles, but in a way it'd lose the Pokémon feel. I'd hate this hack to look amazing, but have it's event-based element being awful.

An apology:
I've been out of action for a while now, so I'm not going to lie - I've lost a lot of interest in ROM hacking due to me becoming a Journalist for The Dashhacks Network. I play games and get paid for it, so I have little time to hack ROMs. I've also got a lot more responsibilities now, including a girlfriend, University and enjoying the last year of being a teenager (I'm 19 now).

Linkandzelda asked me to do some sprites last week which I haven't forgotten, but I recently got hit with a temporary ban regarding my PlayStation account due to producing hacks for the PlayStation 3. I've spent the last few days getting rid of the traces of these hacks and beating the games I illegitimately downloaded. I now have my main account with 20 Platinum Trophies back and a lot of free time.

So to Linkandzelda, I'll get the sprites done. This will probably be my last hack with you, but I will help you to achieve the dream we both once had about this. We have other plans, but time will tell.

I'm not going to lie, I can still sprite like a beast. Check it out: My Artwork since I've been away.

On a side note:
Linkandzelda recently ended up in hospital. He tried to pick a fight with the Seagulls that once attacked him in his room. As a result, I'm taking over - I am Co-Owner after all? :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
hey guys.i was playing the game and was in silph co.the game messed up and i had not saved for a while so i just saved there.i tried to open the game again but it doesnt open and shows a black screen but i can hear sound in background and also go to the menu.can anyone help me?i really do not want start all over again.appreciated.
pls somebody help me,i donot want to start again.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Happy to know that one of my favorite hack is back in Business.
I Love Jhoto more than any other regions.
Hope New beta will be here soon and we can Play it again.
BTW, Is there will be any change of tiles or 4th or 5th generation Pokemon in the next version?

Theres new tiles in beta 3.1 compared to 2.1 and probably a few extras which people haven't seen yet. As for 4th and 5th gen, nope...

This hack is absolutely amazing. Great job. I found an issue though, when in the rocket warehouse in Mahogany, the trainer sent out a ditto, and when it transformed, it froze my game...

Also, I have a question, In the Q/A you said that the dogs will be like crystal, so are you saying that after I confront Suicune, Raikou and Entei will be free and we can find Raikou and Entei in the wild?

We the dogs work slightly different due to on of my mandatory events regarding suicune. On the original you had to find sucune on route 36, route 42 and in cianwood city before you could battle him in the tin tower (i think) so with LC the cianwood event is there with the battle with eusine, but the others are not. Once you battle him the two other dogs are released in the wild, but untrackable by the pokedex.

hi, what about following you starter? any plans with it?:)

Nope no plans, there probably wont be.

How come instead of making guys like Scyther and Onix evolve at high levels you don't just make it so leveling them up once with a steel coat or whatever item the certain pokemon needs evolves them? Then it's more like the real games in that you can evolve it pretty much on immediate access to the item. For the original four- Alakazam, Golem, Gengar, and Machamp...there could simply be in-game trades. There is then no tearing apart the evolution system.

Also, to your above point about adding Gen IV and V moves...I think a much better investment would be to incorporate the physical/special split that was introduced in Gen IV. Would that even be possible?

The split i will add yes, but not too sure on the trades. I've changed most of them since beta 2.1 and the in game trades already exist for the for real trades of Crystal. Not sure about adding extras as it makes it easier for people. I would prefer they discovered how to do it.

Yes theres some odd bug there which im not sure why it occurs.. Theres a long fix which involves swapping the map and all sorts.

Just took another glance at the new screens <3

Goldenrod now has a beach :D (prepares to spend hours running up and down)

Hehe theres running up and down it thats fun for sure... but what about surfing up and down?

I'll make my return now. It was only a matter of time. :)
I never made those sprites, so your point is invalid. All crappy sprites will be improved, without a doubt.

First things first:
Do you guys like the Tileset I made so far? - There's more to create/add soon. Originally, we were going to strip the ROM of all default tiles, but in a way it'd lose the Pokémon feel. I'd hate this hack to look amazing, but have it's event-based element being awful.

An apology:
I've been out of action for a while now, so I'm not going to lie - I've lost a lot of interest in ROM hacking due to me becoming a Journalist for The Dashhacks Network. I play games and get paid for it, so I have little time to hack ROMs. I've also got a lot more responsibilities now, including a girlfriend, University and enjoying the last year of being a teenager (I'm 19 now).

Linkandzelda asked me to do some sprites last week which I haven't forgotten, but I recently got hit with a temporary ban regarding my PlayStation account due to producing hacks for the PlayStation 3. I've spent the last few days getting rid of the traces of these hacks and beating the games I illegitimately downloaded. I now have my main account with 20 Platinum Trophies back and a lot of free time.

So to Linkandzelda, I'll get the sprites done. This will probably be my last hack with you, but I will help you to achieve the dream we both once had about this. We have other plans, but time will tell.

I'm not going to lie, I can still sprite like a beast. Check it out: My Artwork since I've been away.

On a side note:
Linkandzelda recently ended up in hospital. He tried to pick a fight with the Seagulls that once attacked him in his room. As a result, I'm taking over - I am Co-Owner after all? :D

Haha thanks zeikku. A touching post. I'll be looking forward to those sprites and tiles for sure!!

UPDATE:
I've been rather busy with college and assignments of the past few weeks, but i started half term for a week yesterday. I have some other projects for this term but im sure that LC testing will be done too. So far i'm up to Mahogany town with everything before already tested. I'll aim to get johto fully tested by the end of this week, but of course more will probably be done. Up until now ive probably fixed over 100 bugs since the release of the beta 3 preview!!!

Also thanks to Jambo51 for adding in a ton of ASM hacks to make for an enhanced GSC experience in LC.

Link

marcc5m

what
Years
WAIT UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!Im confused.Shiny Gold is a copy of Liquid Crystal or Liquid Crystal is a copy of Shiny Gold!I think Shiny Gold Copy Liquid Crystal Because In Shiny Gold Theres Dont have adventures in Kanto and Liquid Crystal have!Wow I cant wait for Beta 3.1!!When you beat Red Theres more adventure!!!Who made this hack(LikandZelda) are a genious!!!

Neither are a copy of each other. Shiny Gold came first, true, but it is a Gold remake, whereas this is a Crystal remake. In fact, it can be argued that Gamefreak copied both xD

Anyway, good to hear you have more free time now. Hopefully this hack can have its third beta released within the next few months :)

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
Good to see you back, Zeikku!
I must say that job of yours in that webpage fits quite well with your motivation judging by the material you give there.

I still remember the day of beta 2.0 release and the seagulls' attack by the way. After that, it was that unexpected bug which fortunately was fixed by Pokemon Prism creater (Coolboyman isn't it?)
Personally, after so much effort it was a shame to abandon it and leave it behind. Fair enough, everything has a beginning and an end, but Liquid Crystal is not finished yet!

I know that "you are not trying to be Zel", Link, but once more it seems that Zel initiated the project. So, keep your friendly rivalry on and good luck to both of you!

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2011
the scientist in the 2nd floor of the ninja hideout near the girl who gives you one of the two pass words gives you a text box that goes on forever.... just fyi :)

Hugo_Cool

Lucario's trainer
Years
Really nice hack! I'm already playing it and I'm loving it! Just a question... Will the Kanto Legends (Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres and Mewtwo) be able to catch? And what about Mew?

Thanks in Advance ;)

Back