• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
If Froakie's final evolution has a mustache or beard of some description I'm basically obligated to choose him.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm basing mine entirely on how much I like the 3 parts of the evolution design-wise.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Fennikin Should be a Fire/Fighting Type and look super similar to Mienshou!

Just kidding! More Fire/Fighting Pokemon are needed as much as more Luvdiscs!!

I just saw the first round of Starter Evo Fan Art. OMG! SO AMAZING! I don't think Game freak could do better!

pokemon-froakie-evolution.jpg

This Image ALONE is enough reason to choose Frokie!

The Grass Type With Spikes!

The O-Kami Style Fenneikin with the briad!

The Frog Fan Art makes me Love the Blue from in ways in never did yesterday.

I now Officially LOVE Generation 6 Starters.

I only hope the Real Starters are just as good!

Last edited:

Flydro

doobz
Years
I just saw the first round of Starter Evo Fan Art. OMG! SO AMAZING! I don't think Game freak could do better!

pokemon-froakie-evolution.jpg

This Image ALONE is enough reason to choose Frokie!

Froakie was def my favorite at first glance and still is, but his final evo will really be what determines my final choice. That pic would be the perfect final evo for Froakie, but that is just too epic so I can't get my hopes up too high. But that drawing though!

Whatever Froakie evolves into I just really don't want it to be a like a fat and squatty Gamabunta toad. He should retain his quickness and agile body. If he does become an ugly fat toad then I probably won't choose him. But hopefully all the starters surprise us in a good way, my second choice would be Chespin and last Fennekin.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Either Froakie or Chespin for me, but for the sake of the poll I'll give Froakie some love.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Sauce? You're the first I've seen mention this.

Cyclone
i mentioned it was what i'm thinking from my head, it just makes the most sense to me, i mean it could be chespin really evolves into some old willow tree kinda dark type, and fennekin is psychic, and froakie is still just water/ice or maybe water/fighting, but from the trailer i think froakie is going to be water/ice from the ice attack he uses because if you look closely, it's not using water gun, there are snowflakes moving in that beam and he just looks like he's wearing a winter coat..so the other three i feel should balance him out

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
Looks like I'm choosing the grass starter for first time...
Chespin look a bit like oshawott (but better) though... Oh well, its better than friggen snivy

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I don't get why everybody is comparing Chespin to Oshawott! I mean, it's fine if you do think they're similar, there's nothing wrong with that. I just don't get it myself, in my humble opinion.

I mean, for starters, Oshawott was super adorable.

Chespin, on the other hand... not so much, to put it nicely.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't get why everybody is comparing Chespin to Oshawott! I mean, it's fine if you do think they're similar, there's nothing wrong with that. I just don't get it myself, in my humble opinion.

I mean, for starters, Oshawott was super adorable.

Chespin, on the other hand... not so much, to put it nicely.
For me it's the other way around, Chespin's cute and Oshawoot is slightly less.

I don't think Fennekin will evolve into Fire/Fighting...unless it evolves into something like that fox Digimon...

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
For me it's the other way around, Chespin's cute and Oshawoot is slightly less.

I don't think Fennekin will evolve into Fire/Fighting...unless it evolves into something like that fox Digimon...

It's okay, I respect your opinion!

By "fox Digimon" do you mean Renamon?

Renamon_b.jpg

Somebody mentioned it earlier, and I had said I saw the resemblance too, and I would be excited to nickname my Fennekin Renamon! I'm not a hardcore Digimon fan or anything but Renamon is my favorite out of the Digimon I know. I just saw her on that season of Digimon they did when I was younger.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
As far as I'm thinking about starter Pokémon and my favorite out of them all, Fennekin. x3

I'm thinking that their final evolutions will have types like this:

Chespin's final evolution: Grass/Dark
Fennekin's final evolution: Fire
Froakie's final evolution: Water/Flying

Victini

I'm really hoping Fennekin stays a quadruped upon all three stages of evolution. I'm personally getting real sick of quads evolving into bipeds. :<

I really love all three!! <33 Though sadly I can't choose all three, so I think I'm gonna end up with either Fennekin or Chespin.. with the latter being a tad more preferable. Now here's hoping for nice evolutions.~

Edit : Yup! I'm going for Chespin, it's official! :'D

Last edited:

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
Fennekin is my favorite design wise. However, the moment I saw it, I knew it would be extremely overused. A canid, a fire type. A cute little body with huge fennec fox ears? Yeah, it's definitely going to be very popular.
I'll wait until the final evolutions to decide who I'm going to pick on the new games, however unless Froakie ends up with something really stupid for a final-evo, I'll probably get her.

I was impressed with all the starters. Chespin is fairly cute, but I have little hope for it being anything short of a cluster**** of different colors, textures and designs for it's final evolution. I think it is based off of an Armadillo- one of the animals I relate most to. However, I'm almost certain it's final evolution will be hideous.. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised, but..

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Just spotted this over on reddit.

Spoiler:

We've got some hints direct from Nintendo here with regards to typings. They've suggested (tentatively) Grass/Bug, Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I now start loving Fennekin. I never thought of a Fire Fox and it's a reality now!

Um...Vulpix and Ninetales??

Just spotted this.

We've got some hints direct from Nintendo here with regards to typings. They've suggested (tentatively) Grass/Bug, Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic. Thoughts?

Oh man, if Fennekin becomes Fire/Psychic I will be all over that. Although...it would make it somewhat similar to Ninetales.

Anyway, I don't think Chespin's gonna become Grass/Bug, simply because its a mammal and a lot of grass types can use pin missile anyway.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Just spotted this over on reddit.

I originally wanted Froakie to be Water/Fighting & Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic and wasn't sure about Chespin so I hope this is true. These would be perfect typing for all of them and we might find something out on Pokemon Smash if they decide to give us any more information.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Anyway, I don't think Chespin's gonna become Grass/Bug, simply because its a mammal and a lot of grass types can use pin missile anyway.

Chespin's the one I doubt tbh - apparently (although it somehow slipped by all us lot lol) it's based on a hedgehog which'd by default grab it Pin Missile and, if anything, I'd imagine a Ground subtype. Froakie being Water/Fighting would also be odd given that Poliwrath (a really big tadpole, apparently???) has that typing and is closely linked to frogs but... this is the most reliable source we've had so far.

blue

gucci
Years
If anything I could see Chespin becoming either Grass/Dark, Grass/Steel or just pure Grass, the other two seem plausible.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think that Chespin will end up with a dark secondary type, so that the Pokemon's secondary types can form another triangle Dark/Fighting/Psychic, since that's a trio of types that some people have been asking for in starters for a bit.

I saw these cool ones on tumblr, the first is fire/psychic and the second is fire/electric!
Spoiler:

I think that they'll do a good job, seeing how the positive the response have been to the starters, or in the end the evolutions will just grow on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back